Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer

Another new trailer from Divinity: Original Sin 2 is now online, showing off more of Larian Studios' RPG sequel. This is another character spotlight video, introducing the origin story for Fane, paving the way for tomorrow's official launch out of early access. This Steam post has a couple of details:

He has awaited this moment for centuries. Learn the origin of the ancient and immortal Undead, Fane:

Will you play as the mysterious Fane in Divinity: Original Sin 2? Or bring this monster into your party? Or will he move on alone in his journey?"

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 14, 2017, 11:18 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 11:11:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 10:59:
Just started playing through Divinity Original Sin in anticipation of this one.

Release is in 25 hours give or take

Ahhh shit! In a desperate move I deleted Divinity OS a while ago while I was at the part where I finally was able to kill those death knights. Was this near the end can anyone confirm?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 14, 2017, 07:45 Nimh

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 22:11:
Same, like Larian a lot, but they usually need a little extra work on release to shore things up and like Cd Project... they'll keep working on it to the point there is an advanced version. Similar approaches.

They've been in early access for about a year. From what I've read the launch day changes will incorporate a lot of the balance fixes. (not saying that they will not continue working on the game, just that it should be in pretty good shape later today)

11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 22:11 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 11:40:

Yeah I figure it'll take me a couple weeks to finish the first so by that time the hot fix patches will probably be into play.

Same, like Larian a lot, but they usually need a little extra work on release to shore things up and like Cd Project... they'll keep working on it to the point there is an advanced version. Similar approaches.

10. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 16:08 OpticNerve

Larian also posted up a pretty awesome "Features" trailer for D:OS2. A good one to show to friends who might be on the fence about the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL7_U7oWJzk  

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

9. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 14:14 MindStalker3

Icewind wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 12:15:
MindStalker3 wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 12:08:
Does anyone know if this will be on XBox One for Split Screen on-couch co-op anytime soon.

Should be, since both the PS4 and XB1 got the previous game in the series.

Though the PC version has full controller support and a very nice GUI that is built around controller play.

Yeah, I hate to be a peasant, but I can't exactly drag my rig around to my girlfriends or sons house, and neither have decent computers.

8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 13:06 Rhett

And steal everything... You can get so much money in the first town just by stealing (creatively).

Can't wait for DOS 2 either. Looks like it officially releases sometime tomorrow (Thursday) morning/early afternoon, if I understand correctly (USA).

7. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 13:00 WaltC

Looking forward to this one...!  

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

6. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 12:50 Fion

It's an awesome game. Just note that the first zone (Cyseal) is a proving ground of sorts, with some very difficult fights & choices to make. I restarted the game after several hours in, once or twice to find the right balance of skill lines & talent choices to synergize with the companion I chose (Bairdotr, she's awesome). Note: I only had one companion character because I had the Lone Wolf talent on my tank. That removes ability to have a 2nd companion but gives 60% bonus vitality, +1 skill per level up and +1 action point.

Oh and make sure to pick up the Pet Pal talent on a character (or follower you plan on using throughout the game). It seems useless but if you can spare the talent, it adds a shittun of flavor to the game, hints about secrets or fights coming up, and some fun little side-quests.

Other than that Bully is one of the best talents in the game IMHO, get it on all physical damage dealers (tanks, archers, etc). Leech is amazing on your tank. Morning Person is great for your lower-vitality hero or companions, Opportunist a must on the tank, Stench on your back-line chars + Know-it-All on your mage (double reduction on agro). Far-Out-Man a must on mages. Picture of Health on your tank. Arrow-Recovery is solid for archers but I found I rarely ran out of special arrows. All good talent recommendations.

Oh and one last tip, the +attribute or skill talents are solid for early game but worthless by 2/3 the way through as you'll unlock respec and the same NPC will trade points in attribute/skill/talent at 1 for 2. Not only do you save precious talent slots, but the later is far better if you want an extra attribute or skill point for squeezing into a build your after.

Ok wrong again, the last tip: bookmark this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635229367 and refer to it often.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2017, 13:12.

5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 12:15 Icewind

MindStalker3 wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 12:08:
Does anyone know if this will be on XBox One for Split Screen on-couch co-op anytime soon.

Should be, since both the PS4 and XB1 got the previous game in the series.

Though the PC version has full controller support and a very nice GUI that is built around controller play.

4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 12:08 MindStalker3

3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 11:40 Tipsy McStagger

Yeah I figure it'll take me a couple weeks to finish the first so by that time the hot fix patches will probably be into play.

2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 11:11 eRe4s3r

1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 10:59 Tipsy McStagger

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo