Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer

A new trailer from Middle-earth: Shadow of War introduces the Feral Tribe, one of the factions in Monolith's upcoming Tolkien-inspired action/RPG. The clip includes a description of this group and their role in the game:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today released a NEW video for Middle-earth: Shadow of War, showcasing the Feral tribe, a faction of Orcs who revere the fearsome beasts of Mordor, feeding on the strength of these vicious creatures as inspiration for their own acts of savagery. In Shadow of War, Orcs now belong to tribes, which extend their influence stemming from the Overlords ruling the mighty fortresses throughout the open world, providing a rich ecosystem of missions, exploration and a dynamic Orc society with diverse Orc cultures, all brought to life through the expanded Nemesis System. Feral Orcs live among the graugs, caragors, drakes and other monsters when they can, while adorning their clothing and armor with trophies from the beasts they've hunted. In battle, the Feral tribe is also infamous for roaring, snarling and rending flesh with a ferocity that rivals any caragor.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 22:00 Wallshadows

I'll wait till the GOTY edition is out for $10 like I did with SoM.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Re:Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 15:30 Cutter

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 11:45:
The first one got boring really fast. So yeah, going to pass on this unless the devs have managed to make the gameplay loop much more interesting.

Yeah, exactly. Way too grindy and repetitive. I'll grab this in the bargain bin but not before.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

10. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 15:14 Alamar

I'm still on the fence... Thoroughly enjoyed the first, and played through twice, which is still pretty rare for me.

But launch prices suck, especially up here... Can get it cheaper on GMG, which is nice, and hasn't happened for years (with Steam prices beating GMG after exchange).

Really depends on how much I'm jonesing for something while I wait on Destiny 2... Been playing Borderlands Pre-Sequel obsessively lately, but I can't expect that to last over a month. Maybe I'll pick up Metroid ; )

9. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 14:53 NegaDeath

Watch the trailer now!........as $5 DLC, available only alongside a preorder of the game + season pass.

Loved the first one, but too much shady stuff going on here. Definite wait for some kind of "ultimate" version once they're done fleecing people. Assuming they are ever done doing that.

8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 14:19 [NDT] Rufus

I'll grab it if there is a wider variety of environments. I really just got tired of being in Mordor all the time. Once I got to a certain level, I seemed unkillable, which was fun at first, but then boring. If it's all in Mordor again, I'll wait til a steam sale or humble bundle.  

7. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 12:45 Creston

Yeah, I was on board for a day one sale until I heard about the loot box bullshit. Bye, WB. :-wave-:

6. Re: Re:Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 12:11 SlimRam

I played and finished the first and I liked it ok. I tried to 100% the game and I remember that I couldn't for some reason. I really liked the nemesis system until you got one that couldn't be ranged attacked OR melee attacked I remember being a little exhausted with the combat towards the end of the game (although when I was fully leveled and my health was buffed I would start a fight in the middle of an enemy keep just to see how long I could keep fighting for = FUN *queue 'Drowning Pool - Bodies' song*). This does look a lot like the same but I guess if you are a die hard fan of the first it might be worth getting.  

5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 12:08 Steele Johnson

I wanted to like the first one because the features sounded really cool, but just couldn't stand the way they implemented the combat, and my save games got corrupted many time (pc version). I ended up just eating what I paid for it and deleted it from my system. I'm going to wait for many reviews, then likely wait for a bargain bin price if I even care to pick it up.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2017, 15:25.

4. Re: Re:Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 11:45 VaranDragon

The first one got boring really fast. So yeah, going to pass on this unless the devs have managed to make the gameplay loop much more interesting.  

3. Re: Re:Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 11:44 Rhett

Yeah, very scummy. Also the stuff with that developer/producer that passed away and they're selling DLC to help the family.. except any sales out of the US (and also including certain states) go straight to WB and not the family.

Really want(ed) it, but I will not buy it.

2. Re: Re:Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 11:19 Frijoles

Day 1 purchase... until I read about all the shit going on with it. I can't say I will make it to the first sale, but that's my goal.  

1. Re:Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 11:04 MrGrosser

Still a hard pass for me. No loot crates in AAA games.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo