Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Safety Dance

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 15, 2017, 18:19 jdreyer

Orogogus wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 02:16:
I don't know what you want anyone to address. America has interfered in other countries' political processes before -- true. Sometimes in the name of fighting communism, sometimes in the service of corporate interests. It doesn't seem like it does us much good and I don't think we should do it. I don't think that means we should roll over and let Russia meddle with our elections, either.

The point here is that a ton of circumstantial evidence suggests that a good deal of Russian meddling took the form of working directly with the Trump campaign and giving them money. Trump Jr eagerly meeting with Russian officials who promised to give him dirt on Hillary. Flynn asking for immunity and pleading the Fifth. Trump promising to release his tax returns after the election and then reneging -- the only thing in there anyone would care about is a gigantic infusion of money from Russia. Staff members forgetting to disclose their ties or visits to Russia. Russian metadata and error messages in the leaked DNC documents that Trump capitalized on so quickly in the campaign. Trump basically saying the US isn't so great when reminded that the Russian government is run by murdering scumbags.

I think if Trump and his campaign weren't working with Russia then they're the victims of an extraordinary string of unlucky coincidences and selectively poor decision-making.

On the other hand, as far as I can tell the opinion of many red voters is that if Russia helped defeat Clinton then they're our friends, so there's that. I think that's foolish, insofar as Russia in no way, shape or form means the US or its citizens well. But oh well, as long as you toe the white evangelical line and have someone running a sideshow with utterly absurd trash about the opposition then apparently that's enough to carry an election.

As succinct yet complete a summary as I've seen. Thanks.

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 11, 2017, 02:16 Orogogus

I don't know what you want anyone to address. America has interfered in other countries' political processes before -- true. Sometimes in the name of fighting communism, sometimes in the service of corporate interests. It doesn't seem like it does us much good and I don't think we should do it. I don't think that means we should roll over and let Russia meddle with our elections, either.

The point here is that a ton of circumstantial evidence suggests that a good deal of Russian meddling took the form of working directly with the Trump campaign and giving them money. Trump Jr eagerly meeting with Russian officials who promised to give him dirt on Hillary. Flynn asking for immunity and pleading the Fifth. Trump promising to release his tax returns after the election and then reneging -- the only thing in there anyone would care about is a gigantic infusion of money from Russia. Staff members forgetting to disclose their ties or visits to Russia. Russian metadata and error messages in the leaked DNC documents that Trump capitalized on so quickly in the campaign. Trump basically saying the US isn't so great when reminded that the Russian government is run by murdering scumbags.

I think if Trump and his campaign weren't working with Russia then they're the victims of an extraordinary string of unlucky coincidences and selectively poor decision-making.

On the other hand, as far as I can tell the opinion of many red voters is that if Russia helped defeat Clinton then they're our friends, so there's that. I think that's foolish, insofar as Russia in no way, shape or form means the US or its citizens well. But oh well, as long as you toe the white evangelical line and have someone running a sideshow with utterly absurd trash about the opposition then apparently that's enough to carry an election.

28. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 10, 2017, 17:09 Redmask

That's a deflection, not rebuttal. I haven't heard anyone address the uncomfortable truth that America has interfered in other countries political processes either. I'm sure Russia attempted to interfere with our elections. That doesn't mean I'm sure they had any real effect on them and I certainly haven't seen any actual evidence to support it either.

When people are looking for scapegoats though, I understand its easier to point to a DNC sponsored PR strategy rather than confront reality. Much the same way hardcore right people believe in silly fantasies from Breitbart.

It's not like Trump has any problem de-legitimizing himself, let's wait for actual investigation results. Something tells Clinton not showing up in Wisconsin mattered a lot more than anything Russia did during the election.

27. Re: Into the Black Sep 10, 2017, 15:20 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 13:18:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 10:05:
NegaDeath wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 23:20:
Govt officials are on the case and will settle for no less than at least 2 low level staffers with no authority being fined for this breach. Rest assured a generous public bailout is in the works to help shore up Equifax's security. The system works!
Hey, just like the VW diesel scandal and the subprime mortgage banking scandal.
What are you, clairvoyant?

Don't forget the Wells Fargo identity theft scandal!
I'm still peeved over the Teapot Dome scandal!!!

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

26. Re: Into the Black Sep 10, 2017, 13:18 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 10:05:
Govt officials are on the case and will settle for no less than at least 2 low level staffers with no authority being fined for this breach. Rest assured a generous public bailout is in the works to help shore up Equifax's security. The system works!

Don't forget the Wells Fargo identity theft scandal!

25. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 10, 2017, 12:51 RedEye9

Beamer wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 10:25:
Redmask wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 10:22:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 21:56:
LittleMe wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 18:54:
A big lie repeated enough times becomes accepted as truth. What proof was ever provided of the alleged hack by Rus(s)ia? The feds never got the evidence, as I understand it. Many past US administrations have tampered with many elections and worked to overthrow legitimate governments. Now when mere allegations are made by sore losers that it -might- have happened here, outrage ensues.

I have news for you, our own media does far more to rig our elections than any foreign government. Also key people involved around Hill's alleged illegal activities in the past election were killed. For example, a judge showed up dead on the beach near the courthouse in FL.
You can't fix stupid.

You have no rebuttal to his post in other words.

How do you rebut the accusation that a major politician had killed numerous times and never been caught, with zero evidence?
Bingo
Besides, Orogogus already rebutted it best.
Orogogus wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 20:05:
Sometimes I think, how stupid would I have to be to brush aside the substantial body of circumstantial evidence vis-a-vis Russian interference in the 2016 election? Apparently it's connected to how easily I can believe in god-damned murder squads and basement pedophile rings. Apparently I'd have to believe that the DNC could fake 6 million god-damned votes to pretend they won the popular vote. And holy shit, it's really hard to imagine being that stupid.

24. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 10, 2017, 10:25 Beamer

Redmask wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 10:22:
A big lie repeated enough times becomes accepted as truth. What proof was ever provided of the alleged hack by Rus(s)ia? The feds never got the evidence, as I understand it. Many past US administrations have tampered with many elections and worked to overthrow legitimate governments. Now when mere allegations are made by sore losers that it -might- have happened here, outrage ensues.

I have news for you, our own media does far more to rig our elections than any foreign government. Also key people involved around Hill's alleged illegal activities in the past election were killed. For example, a judge showed up dead on the beach near the courthouse in FL.
You can't fix stupid.

How do you rebut the accusation that a major politician had killed numerous times and never been caught, with zero evidence?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

23. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 10, 2017, 10:22 Redmask

You can't fix stupid.

22. Re: Into the Black Sep 10, 2017, 10:05 RedEye9

21. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 10, 2017, 10:02 RedEye9

Retired wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 08:07:
Dev wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 00:11:
Retired wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 22:29:
Coincidence? Card was used across town at a gas station, still have card and I am realy good at checking for skimming machines. An employee somewhere must have done it. Or thanks equifax.

The ones outside? Because nowadays the sophisticated crooks are going for inserts that you can't detect that slide into the slot on inside.

I am aware of how it works, take several reports a week and we wrrest several people/groups a month in the act with equipment. I am narrowing it down and assume it is waiter/waitress involved.

Ganking an LEOs cc was not a smart move whoever was involved.
The one person who has the know how, knowledge, desire and gets paid to find the bad guys.
Good luck!

20. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 10, 2017, 08:07 Retired

Dev wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 00:11:
Coincidence? Card was used across town at a gas station, still have card and I am realy good at checking for skimming machines. An employee somewhere must have done it. Or thanks equifax.

The ones outside? Because nowadays the sophisticated crooks are going for inserts that you can't detect that slide into the slot on inside.

I am aware of how it works, take several reports a week and we wrrest several people/groups a month in the act with equipment. I am narrowing it down and assume it is waiter/waitress involved.

19. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 10, 2017, 01:30 Steele Johnson

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 14:01:
Equifax apparently is trying to become the most hated company on the planet.

That's putting it lightly. Everyone now has to keep an eye on their bank accounts, credit, etc, because of those idiots. Not to mention that they're finding ways to profit from it, from you. There's pretty much a 50% chance that hackers have all of your data.

18. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 10, 2017, 00:11 Dev

17. Re: Into the Black Sep 9, 2017, 23:42 jdreyer

Hey, hey. They aren't going to let them off that easy. They will absolutely send them a Sternly Worded Letter too.

16. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 9, 2017, 23:39 jdreyer

You don't need an Equifax failure to have your CC compromised. Given that it's being used in the same town, I'd say some enterprising store clerk or waiter swiped your details. If it was related to Equifax, I'd say you'd see it use any place other than your home town.

I had some illegal iTunes charges on my CC last year, no Equifax failure required.

15. Re: Into the Black Sep 9, 2017, 23:20 NegaDeath

14. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 9, 2017, 22:29 Retired

13. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 9, 2017, 21:56 RedEye9

You can't fix stupid.

12. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 9, 2017, 20:05 Orogogus

What circumstantial evidence is there? Flynn asked for immunity and pleaded the Fifth rather than testify about his involvement, because that's what you do when you're innocent. Putin said that the Russians meddled the election, but it was probably private individuals. Russian metadata and error messages in the leaked files.

For example, a judge showed up dead on the beach near the courthouse in FL.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article167403992.html

One evening in May, federal prosecutor Beranton J. Whisenant Jr. confronted his wife, Ebony, about ending their marriage, then left their Miramar home in his gray Lexus sedan.

Around midnight, she reached him by cellphone and he told her that he was going to Hollywood beach by the Diplomat Hotel. They talked again about their relationship, with Whisenant saying he “had given up, but it didn’t matter anymore.” Later, he sent her some “unsettling text messages” and said goodbye.

Distraught, Ebony Whisenant drove to the Diplomat, searching the hotel parking lot. She found his car but not him. Within hours, a passersby would find her husband’s body in the surf, with a single gunshot wound to his head.

Noticeably missing: Any connection to Clinton whatsoever. But! He died in the same district where the DNC chairperson served. Dots connected, Clinton murder squad proven.

Sometimes I think, how stupid would I have to be to brush aside the substantial body of circumstantial evidence vis-a-vis Russian interference in the 2016 election? Apparently it's connected to how easily I can believe in god-damned murder squads and basement pedophile rings. Apparently I'd have to believe that the DNC could fake 6 million god-damned votes to pretend they won the popular vote. And holy shit, it's really hard to imagine being that stupid.

11. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 9, 2017, 18:54 LittleMe

Perpetual debt is slavery.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo