Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed

A new listing in the Microsoft Store reveals the first expansion for Destiny 2, Bungie's first-person shooter sequel that's now available for consoles and coming to Windows next month. The add-on is called Curse of Osiris, and though this is yet to be officially announced, a tweet from Eric Osborne (thanks Polygon) confirms it's legit, saying, "Curse of Osiris is not a leak. It's real! :)" Here's the description from the listing, which does not carry a release date:

Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris continues your Guardian’s journey with all-new story missions and adventures set in a new destination, Mercury. Journey through time and space to learn the secrets of Osiris, avert a dark future, and rebuild the ties between the legendary Warlock and his greatest student - Ikora Rey.

Features:

• Explore Mercury and its mysterious "Infinite Forest"
  • New story missions and adventures
  • New themed weapons, armor, and gear to earn
  • New cooperative activities
  • New competitive multiplayer arenas
  • And more...

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 13:40 Darks

Slick wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 00:59:
Heltorne wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 23:57:
Sheesh, don't you people ever get sick of the cliche negativity about almost everything?

That's usually my line, but come on, you have to be able to call a spade a spade. It's widely considered "good form" to launch a new game and give it time to breathe, to let the customers who just plonked down (in my case) $80 CAD to feel like they're getting their money's worth.

Announcing the first xpack 3 days after launch is bad form. It's not a death sentence, and there are worse and more insidious practises in the industry... but I think we can come together and at the very least admit to ourselves that this is in poor taste.

I don't understand why you think finding out about an expansion is a bad thing after launch? This was leaked, and me personally I like know about this because it justifies my buying the deluxe version of the game.

So, I really don't understand the negativity about this.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 9, 2017, 13:04 Mordecai Walfish

Slick wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 01:36:
I'm assembling my fuckwit to English dictionary, I'd appreciate a proper definition.

LOL

You've been slicked. Wash up.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

20. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 09:13 HoSpanky

THE only expansion I'm interested in currently is the one for Horizon Zero Dawn coming out in November.

And don't get all bent out of shape here, guys. Expansions have to be in the works before a game releases, or else they'll get released WAY later than when people's interest in a game has already disappeared.

19. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 05:27 Illumin

18. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 04:18 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 00:59:
Sheesh, don't you people ever get sick of the cliche negativity about almost everything?

That's usually my line, but come on, you have to be able to call a spade a spade. It's widely considered "good form" to launch a new game and give it time to breathe, to let the customers who just plonked down (in my case) $80 CAD to feel like they're getting their money's worth.

Announcing the first xpack 3 days after launch is bad form. It's not a death sentence, and there are worse and more insidious practises in the industry... but I think we can come together and at the very least admit to ourselves that this is in poor taste.

This is Activision and the only form they understand is "give me your money" that's what happens when monetization strategy rules a company, and not PR or even developers.

I watched the entire playthrough of the campaign on twitch and was beyond baffled how this is a hyped game, but to each their own. Like PUBG this game is not for me.

17. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 03:12 Slick

|RaptoR| wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 02:39:

Blue's comment section has been a cesspit for some time. I tried for a period to call people out on always being so negative, and it just falls on deaf ears. There are quite a few good posters but the loud always-negatives drown out anything worthwhile.

CJ_Parker, Cutter are the biggest offenders by a long shot.

While they're the worst of the bunch, they're by no means outliers of a larger trend, as you state. The problem comes when people pile onto whatever "everyone's mad at" and it cascades to over 50% of posters on here.

All that it would take to combat it is a simple reply to one of the "good" posters with a "thumbs up" of sorts, to show that they're not alone.

It's easy to pile on to a bitching match, it takes balls to stand with someone obviously alone as a source of sanity.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

16. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 02:39 |RaptoR|

Blue's comment section has been a cesspit for some time. I tried for a period to call people out on always being so negative, and it just falls on deaf ears. There are quite a few good posters but the loud always-negatives drown out anything worthwhile.

CJ_Parker, Cutter are the biggest offenders by a long shot.

Playing: Elite Dangerous, PUBG, Heroes of the Storm
Xbox Live: Heinekev
PSN: Heinekev

15. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 02:23 Numinar

It seems gross but this is big good news for retarded fans like me.

We only got one new proper gameplay area in 3 years. (Most expansion content was much smaller, or additional limited areas added to existing zones) To have one announced a few months after release is a big deal, especially if they can keep up the cadence of release, maybe this time 3 years from now we will have the dozen or so locations throughout the solar system the game always hinted at but never delivered.

Lets see if outsourcing these expansions frees up Bungie for better interim releases as well. Current game is shaking out well with a bit of anger at the margins over minor issues, lets see how the Raid turns out.

14. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 02:03 Alamar

Slick wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 01:36:
What's a pro-tard?

I'm assembling my fuckwit to English dictionary, I'd appreciate a proper definition.

The guy you're responding to... Didn't think anyone could be worse than Cutter, but holy shit...

As for all the bitching about them announcing DLC 3 days after console launch, could someone source that? Blues news up there very specifically states it wasn't announced, but lists a tweet where the usual token response of denying it until it's announced. Which people would also bitch about...

13. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 01:36 Slick

What's a pro-tard?

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

12. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 01:30 CJ_Parker

|RaptoR| wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 22:29:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 20:25:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 19:42:
You guys really need to wait until the game ships before announcing DLC.

Why? The tards will buy this game no matter what and the real pro-tards will now preorder two copies cuz OMG ITS EVEN GITTIN SPANSHUNS!!!111

Or maybe they'll buy the game because it's fun. Huh. Who'd have thought?

Well, yes, I have no doubts that Destiny is a game that is tons of FUN for tards and especially pro-tards. That was my point actually.

11. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 01:20 Sempai

I believe i'm at the top of the list of haters toward Acti-Bungle and their endless bullshit.

But honestly, i don't see this thing being anything less than a juggernaut on both console and PC.
The fact that it's now part of the coveted Blizzard library, along with the fact that, while 2 may just be more of the same, so far my crew and me are balls deep in it and digging every minute.

It's bigger, better, and less annoying than the first. And it's going to be yuge..

10. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 00:59 Slick

9. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 8, 2017, 23:57 Heltorne

8. Re: Ark Expansion Announced Sep 8, 2017, 23:48 Rigs

SlimRam wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 21:24:
At this rate there're going to start announcing DLC for preorder before the main game is even revealed...

I believe Evolve did that...seemed to work out great for them, if I remember correctly...

=-Rigs-=

'But what does 'optional' mean?! It's video games, playing them at all is 'optional'! Sticking a broom handle up your ass is 'optional', doesn't mean I wouldn't really like to do it!' -Yahtzee

7. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 8, 2017, 22:37 Alamar

The game is already out...

And... Just look at Destiny 1's release dates... It's not hard to figure out the pattern.

6. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 8, 2017, 22:29 |RaptoR|

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 20:25:

Why? The tards will buy this game no matter what and the real pro-tards will now preorder two copies cuz OMG ITS EVEN GITTIN SPANSHUNS!!!111

Or maybe they'll buy the game because it's fun. Huh. Who'd have thought?

Playing: Elite Dangerous, PUBG, Heroes of the Storm
Xbox Live: Heinekev
PSN: Heinekev

5. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 8, 2017, 21:24 SlimRam

At this rate there're going to start announcing DLC for preorder before the main game is even revealed...  

4. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 8, 2017, 21:04 Slick

This is Activision at its greatest, the game has been out for what, 3 days on console? Still 6 weeks away to even come out on PC, and they're already talking expansions.

Don't get me wrong, I like expansion packs, or as the kids call em "DLC", if I'm actually enjoying a game and want more content, but this is absurd. You don't do it 3 days after launch. The contempt they have for their customers is so thick you could spread it on toast.

3. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 8, 2017, 20:25 CJ_Parker

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo