Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced

Rockstar Games announces L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files, a virtual reality take on L.A. Noire, their game that put the players in the gumshoes of a detective working in Los Angeles in the 1940s. This will come to consoles along with the HTC Vive on November 14th, and there are further details on the PC version on the GeForce website. Here's a bit of the announcement:

Today, we're proud to announce new versions of the blockbuster detective thriller L.A. Noire, are scheduled to release on November 14, 2017 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Alongside these three new console versions, we're taking our first steps into virtual reality with L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files, featuring seven select cases from the original game rebuilt specifically for a virtual reality experience on the HTC VIVE.

Set against the seedy and violent underbelly of 1940’s Los Angeles, L.A. Noire is the story of decorated veteran and newly minted detective Cole Phelps as he investigates an escalating series of cases inspired by real-world crimes. Each successfully solved case brings Phelps greater success, but also brings him closer to the dark criminal heart of post-war L.A.

L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files for HTC Vive delivers seven of the original engrossing, self-contained cases from L.A. Noire rebuilt specifically for virtual reality, blending breathtaking action with true detective work to deliver an unprecedented interactive experience.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 8, 2017, 15:16 Steele Johnson

I actually loved this game. I can see them making some interesting gameplay changes to support VR. It might even be quite funny!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 17:08 Primalchrome

Not quite to the last straw to break the camel's back. Fallout 4 VR might be the title that puts a Vive in my household.  

12. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 15:39 Creston

This could be cool. For all how empty it was, their version of late 40s LA looked fantastic, and could be very cool to just walk around in.

I always kinda liked LA Noire. It was something different rather than just IMACOP PEW PEW PEW BAD GUYS PEW PEW PEW. The technology was incredible for its time. It's a shame nobody ever continued using it.

11. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 14:15 aka_STEVE

mediocre game brought into the world of mediocre VR ..... WHAT could go wrong ?  

10. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 13:20 El Pit

I could not read/understand the faces of the interrogated people - they looked just too artificial to me. I had to use a walkthrough to solve the cases because of this.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

9. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 12:58 The Half Elf

Um.. there is a second story that Blue didn't mention.

The regular game (LA Noire) is coming out for all the consoles with DLC as a HD version.

WTF Rockstar, still no Red Dead Redemption?!?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

8. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 12:41 Avus

Thanks but no thanks… I rather Rockstar commit there will be Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC… They don’t have to waste time and resource on “VRing” OLD game…  

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

7. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 12:24 Jivaro

I loved the game but there were some parts that just took forever due to the game mechanics. Something like this has the potential to either make that worse or better I suppose. My curiosity is piqued. I have to take a sea sickness medication to be able to use current VR tech though.

Disclaimer: I loved Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls...so my tolerance for excessive time spent "taking a shower" or "setting the table" is apparently pretty high.

6. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 12:10 ItBurn

The face tech was pretty good, although the texture resolution was abysmal. I found the whole gameplay broken and incredibly frustrating and stopped playing midway. I don't quite remember why because it was so long ago and the game is forgettable.  

5. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 12:02 Kxmode

Great technology. Unfortunately LAN is boring. It's not bad, but it meanders nowhere. I guess Rockstar is trying to tell a much larger story arc, but it's piecemealed together via unrelated cases. That said, I've put 15 hours into it and plan on finishing, yet I continue to be push it back in favor of other games. #GamerDilemmas  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

4. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 11:49 HoSpanky

The face tech in the game is still some of the most disturbingly lifelike representation in a game. Hellblade has better, but it only has ONE character. Seeing it in VR is going to be bonkers. Hopefully they realize it's not a full game, and price it accordingly. I'd assume $20 from the description.

Side note, if you haven't played Hellblade, it's pretty impressive. It's technically an Indie game, and it shows in some places, but 95% of the game is visually astounding. The story is decent, not the best, but decent. Combat has that "any enemy could kill you" feel.

3. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 11:23 The Half Elf

The face tech was top notch, especially considering it came out on the 360/PS3.
The game wasn't bad, but it was done by Team Bondi, and while the cases and writing were good, overall the game was just empty beyond that.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

2. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 11:19 ForgedReality

They're calling it a blockbuster? Lul. Didn't it just get luke-warm reception and go way overbudget from their investment in the facial animation technology?  

1. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 11:14 The Half Elf

O_o

I'm interested.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo