Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

LawBreakers Roadmap

The LawBreakers website now has a Q4 2017 Content Roadmap outlining plans for the recently launched multiplayer shooter from Boss Key Studios (thanks DSOGaming via NEOgaf). They say this "is not a fire and forget title," saying it is "a game we crafted to run for years," and support that contention with plans to improve the new player experience and the game, add a new map this month, add a new skirmish mode, launch a competitive Boss League, and add a new Blitzball arena. There's more, too, as they say they will launch a new class and another new map by the end of the year. They also address the fact that the game has not sold very well, saying they share players concerns about low concurrent player counts, and outlining what they plan to do about them:

The big question everyone is asking is about CCU… we are all acutely aware of this and realize that it is an issue that not only impacts gameplay, but community morale. Depending on your region, we’ve seen how it takes some people longer than others to find a match, and we’re working around the clock to improve this by optimizing the game, adding lots of new content and onboarding to increase the number of players.

When we made LawBreakers, we did so with a long lifecycle in mind. We have planned and designed new features to bring new players into the action every month also to challenge and excite LawBreakers players. This dual pronged approach is actually a design philosophy that we will implement every post-launch update: make the game better for those who already have it, and to make the game more exciting and appealing for those who don’t.

In game terms, we believe this philosophy will bear more players short and long term, which should drive CCU increases with each improvement.

For example, the “Onboarding Experience” changes may seem like it’s designed only for new players… but we also wanted to create better tools for all players to improve in the game. If you want to try a new class, or if you want to understand how to better play against a class, we think these tools will help everyone.

Namsan is another great example of this philosophy at work… and one reason we’re really happy with our “Post Purchase, Maps, Modes, and Classes are Free” approach. We are really proud of the design and the lore of the new Namsan map; it’s made to fit in with the Zero-G world… but with a slight twist to expand the combat. We think that anyone who owns the game will have a great time playing it, and we’re hoping it excites some of the players who stopped playing for a bit, bringing us back to higher CCUs.

It’s also why we’re coupling the Skirmishes with this map update. We will always work to make sure the game offers tons of way to play. Adding different ways to play the game outside Quick Match with unique modes should help. LawBreakers was created as a high mobility, high reward game, but we know that sometimes you need a break between super intense matches. With this in mind, we are crafting unique modes that lets both rookie and veteran player experience the game in new ways.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 9, 2017, 00:40 Prez

They say this "is not a fire and forget title," saying it is "a game we crafted to run for years,"

Take2 literally said the same thing when questioned about how Evolve was floundering post-launch. And everyone knows how that went.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 8, 2017, 15:22 Steele Johnson

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 22:17:
Yep, game is dead, time to move on. Making a game these days is a crapshoot, who knows what the gaming public will jump at. Certainly not this game.

It's actually quite obvious what gamers jump at these day, that's why no one is surprised that this game is tanking (and surprised that a game designer with a good rep like Bleszinski didn't know any better).

20. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 22:17 Ozmodan

Yep, game is dead, time to move on. Making a game these days is a crapshoot, who knows what the gaming public will jump at. Certainly not this game.  

19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 7, 2017, 22:11 Mordecai Walfish

SlimRam wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 21:16:
#BrokeAF

lol

18. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 21:16 SlimRam

Sorry Cliffy, your game is DOA. Might want to realize this before your company is #BrokeAF  

17. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 21:15 Jerykk

Slick wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 13:12:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 10:19:
The low player numbers are unfortunate but the market is simply saturated with shooters. I'm definitely having more fun with Lawbreakers than Quake Champions tho.

Oh man, I played the quake beta for about 5 minutes before uninstalling. I bet it will sell millions of copies.

Gamers are just dumb as fuck these days, don't know what to tell you all. You could get the same experience with QuakeLive, infact a better one without dumb hero classes as a "me too!" cash grab.

Or you could try Lawbreakers, the game that costs half the price, and easily quad-times the fun It really is a "true" spiritual successor to quake/unreal.

You probably shouldn't have announced that you only played QC for five minutes. That makes any opinion expressed afterwards basically worthless. Ignorance isn't bliss when it comes to criticism.

Also, how is Lawbreakers half the price? They're both $30 on Steam, though QC will eventually be F2P and is already F2P if you use the Bethesda Launcher.

16. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 20:40 Creston

This dual pronged approach is actually a design philosophy that we will implement every post-launch update: make the game better for those who already have it, and to make the game more exciting and appealing for those who don’t

How often has this actually worked? A game releases a patch or a content update, and suddenly thousands of people go "Whoa! BUY IT NOW!"

Once? Twice?

Methinks cliffyb is futilely grasping at straws. It's nice that you planned for your game to feed you for the next five years, cliffy, but it's just not going to.

15. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 17:08 DangerDog

Meanwhile PUBG is eating their breakfast lunch and dinner.

They would have been better off making a Call of Duty clone.

14. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 16:04 Mouser

This is just a perfect example throwing good money after bad.

Guys, check your ego at the door and just realize that you as developers are out of touch with todays gamer and this effort you have just outlined isn't going to suddenly turn your game around for you.

The burn rate at Bosskey is probably $250K a month with 40 employees at an average wage for North Carolina, and Nexon will only let them live for another few months at most, at that point everyone will be let go and Cliffy will go back to tending bar at the beer garden he opened.

There's no way to turn this around, R6 Siege is a complete outlier and is a once in a million turnaround.

13. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 15:54 Primalchrome

4D-Boxing wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 13:09:
i don't any market saturation when it comes to online multiplayer FPS.

Anyways, all that to say there isn't much out there.
....oooooooooookay. Is this a bad example of the Tenth Man policy?

12. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 15:04 Tipsy McStagger

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 14:52:
On PC I have BF1, BF4, Dirty Bomb, Lawbreakers, Doom, Quake Champions, AA Proving Grounds, Team Fortress 2, R6 siege, Squad, Rising Storm 2 and Overwatch. On PS4 Infinite warfare, Black ops 3, Modern warfare, Titanfall 2, Destiny 2, BF hardline. On XBOX Halo 5 and Gear of wars....and I don't even play ARMA3 PUBG or CSGO... seems like saturation to me.

That said, for those that like games similar to Battlefield the offering is indeed weak.
16 years ago, this list was my jam..

Now, I don't play any of these...oh how times have changed.

11. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 14:52 OldDirtyEwok

4D-Boxing wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 13:09:
The low player numbers are unfortunate but the market is simply saturated with shooters. I'm definitely having more fun with Lawbreakers than Quake Champions tho.

Not trying to troll, but i don't any market saturation when it comes to online multiplayer FPS. I'm one of the few people that sees matchmaking as a step backwards. Others like myself basically have BF series and the free to play DB for a solid online experience. UT stayed in alpha so long that it's dead, CS:GO is getting long in the tooth. Overwatch was interesting, but relies on match making. They can keep matchmaking for those who need to play against easier opponents (people around their level). I jump in, get schooled for an hour or two, learn, adapt and school people with way higher ranks and clan members. I enjoy the challenge and get a certain satisfaction from being able to hang with people half my age and younger and or clans.

Anyways, all that to say there isn't much out there. Still hope Quake will have a server browser or it's a no go for people like me.

On PC I have BF1, BF4, Dirty Bomb, Lawbreakers, Doom, Quake Champions, AA Proving Grounds, Team Fortress 2, R6 siege, Squad, Rising Storm 2 and Overwatch. On PS4 Infinite warfare, Black ops 3, Modern warfare, Titanfall 2, Destiny 2, BF hardline. On XBOX Halo 5 and Gear of wars....and I don't even play ARMA3 PUBG or CSGO... seems like saturation to me.

That said, for those that like games similar to Battlefield the offering is indeed weak.

10. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 13:36 Qvark

Oh man, I played the quake beta for about 5 minutes before uninstalling. I bet it will sell millions of copies.

Gamers are just dumb as fuck these days, don't know what to tell you all. You could get the same experience with QuakeLive, infact a better one without dumb hero classes as a "me too!" cash grab.

Or you could try Lawbreakers, the game that costs half the price, and easily quad-times the fun It really is a "true" spiritual successor to quake/unreal.

What nonsense, I don't think you even tried QC, maybe you are new to it, then I can understand it is a hard game.
I got Lawbreakers and Quake Champions (bought the same day)
Quake Champions is still the same good game = completely skill based.
The "Champions" themselves doesn't destroy the game which was a great relief!

For once I really enjoyed a new Quake game, with a quake feeling, something which Q4 failed to deliver completely.

Seeing old maps like Blood Run again from Quakeworld aka ztn1 from Q3, is a treat.

Please don't try to compare Lawbreakers with Quake. It plays nothing alike.
Lawbreakers is more like a bad Overwatch clone.

9. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 13:24 Dentorro

Slick wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 13:12:

Quacke champions is free to play so what is half of that?

8. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 13:12 Slick

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

7. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 13:09 4D-Boxing

Not trying to troll, but i don't any market saturation when it comes to online multiplayer FPS. I'm one of the few people that sees matchmaking as a step backwards. Others like myself basically have BF series and the free to play DB for a solid online experience. UT stayed in alpha so long that it's dead, CS:GO is getting long in the tooth. Overwatch was interesting, but relies on match making. They can keep matchmaking for those who need to play against easier opponents (people around their level). I jump in, get schooled for an hour or two, learn, adapt and school people with way higher ranks and clan members. I enjoy the challenge and get a certain satisfaction from being able to hang with people half my age and younger and or clans.

Anyways, all that to say there isn't much out there. Still hope Quake will have a server browser or it's a no go for people like me.

6. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 12:53 PacoTaco

dam shame, what a surprise.  

5. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 12:08 Kxmode

They can say whatever they want, but when they run out of funds they're going to be forced into sink or swim. It's goes without saying that they are nearing "sink." glup glup

Joking aside, I wish them the best!

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB

4. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 11:12 Cutter

The question no one is asking.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

3. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 11:10 Tipsy McStagger

Your game is dead man, if you haven't recouped your expenses in initial sales I'm afraid you might not ever get it back.

Don't spend good money after the bad.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo