Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan

InselGames announces Duke Nukem will be part of Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan, a sci-fi MMORPG announced last year. The game is in the midst of an Indiegogo campaign which offers alpha access, and word is to expect this to launch next month on Steam as an early access title. There's no indication if the compensation for Duke rights holder Gearbox is financial, or just goodwill, but it doesn't seem promotional, as Duke Nukem is the more high-profile title in this mix. "As a small publisher, having the opportunity to work with the Gearbox brand is a big honor," says Patrick Streppel, CEO of Insel Games. "With Dukeís well-established reputation of being the unorthodox underdog hero and defender of humanity, he fits perfectly in the gritty but tongue-in-cheek sci-fi universe of Wild Buster, and we are happy that Gearbox immediately saw that fit. Duke also marks the first step of our plans to add other iconic characters to the game." You can follow this project through the Wild Buster website. Here's a quick description of the game:

Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan is a gritty Sci-Fi MMORPG with HackíníSlash combat and MOBA-style skill and character systems. By joining either the human Guardians or the mutant Abandon factions, players choose from more than a dozen heroes, each with different skills to allow for unique play styles to master PvE (solo or coop) and PvP. While featuring fast-paced action, Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan has a full set of MMO-Features and is free of Pay-to-Win elements!

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan Sep 7, 2017, 23:22 SlimRam

...as Gearbox quietly continues to write the compendium on how to successfully misuse a famous IP.

Jon St. John is the only one making money off this brand anymore.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan Sep 7, 2017, 19:38 Rhett

Poor Duke just won't stop selling out and getting reamed.  

8. Re: Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan Sep 7, 2017, 15:57 Creston

and we are happy that Gearbox immediately saw that fit 20 dollar bill we were holding up

Fixed.

7. Re: Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan Sep 7, 2017, 15:24 OpticNerve

https://i.imgur.com/TKO4oaP.jpg  

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

6. Re: Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan Sep 7, 2017, 14:12 aka_STEVE

these all apply to this announcement........

Top 10 Duke Nukem Quotes

10. Your face, your ass - what's the difference?
9. Now you see me, now youíre dead.
8. Your ass is grass, and Iíve got the weed whacker.
7. You're an inspiration for birth control.
6. My boot, your face; the perfect couple.
5. Iím an equal opportunity ass kicker
4. Little pig, little pig let me in. Or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll kick your ass in!
3. I've got balls of steel.
2. Hail to the king, baby!
1. Itís time to kick ass and chew bubble gum...and Iím all outta gum.

5. Re: Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan Sep 7, 2017, 13:30 El Pit

Next: Gordon Freeman  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

4. Re: Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan Sep 7, 2017, 12:32 afka Rossini

It seems like for Duke, it's time to bend over and chew bubble gum.  

3. Re: Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan Sep 7, 2017, 11:20 Cutter

MT Silver wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 11:03:
This is just weird. What the fuck is Duke Nukem doing here? It's like putting him in the next Super Smash Brothers game.

Exactly. How is this a selling point? In today's PC climate he's the antithesis of that. Even prior to all the PC bullshit he was still an obnoxious douchebag. He doesn't appeal to anyone except to moronic Frat Bro's these days.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

2. Re: Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan Sep 7, 2017, 11:03 MT Silver

This is just weird. What the fuck is Duke Nukem doing here? It's like putting him in the next Super Smash Brothers game.  

1. Re: Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan Sep 7, 2017, 10:18 Darks

Another fucking MOBA, No thanks!!  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo