Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month

The Microsoft Store now offers preorders of the TPCAST Wireless Adapter for HTC VIVE, which as the name states, will free HTC Vive users from their wires (thanks [H]ardOCP). The listing says this is tested and endorsed by HTC, and that they should be available on September 25th. Here are some details:

Free your virtual reality
The easy-to-install TPCAST Wireless Adapter transforms your HTC VIVE into a wireless VR experience. The HMD Receiver mounts directly to your HTC VIVE, and wirelessly communicates with the included PC transmitter. A highly optimized antenna array and large bandwidth ensure a display experience thatís as good as the wired one. And with no cable getting in the way, you have even more freedom to lose yourself completely in VR.

A stunningly untethered experience
The adapter delivers up to 2K video resolution (2160 x 1200) for a stunning, immersive experience. And with a transmission range of up to five meters, you have the freedom to move through your virtual worlds without a cable tugging you back to reality.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 6, 2017, 10:55 Tipsy McStagger

Slick wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 18:39:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 16:56:
The headsets are WARM to start with.. adding a battery pack on it is just a good way of cooking your noggin.

https://www.roadtovr.com/vive-n-chill-cooling-solution-htc-vive-users-sweaty-vr-faces/

Bye bye battery life some more!

Honestly, small fans should have been included in the headsets already like ski goggles have.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 18:50 The Half Elf

Yeah but also look at the picture. It has the updated headstrap.
What HTC should have done is dropped the price 100 bucks but thrown in the updated strap for free.

So you're looking at 599, plus 99 for strap, plus another 299.

And ask mrgrosser about what happens when you turn in a lighthouse sensor. They told him it was broken and they were going to replace it. Then they told him they were waiting on a part to repair it. THEN they told him due to it being repaired in Texas they had no clue what was going to happen (and everything but the last part happened a MONTH BEFORE the hurricane).

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

11. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 18:39 Osc8r

It's not a toomah!  

10. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 18:39 Slick

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 16:56:
The headsets are WARM to start with.. adding a battery pack on it is just a good way of cooking your noggin.

https://www.roadtovr.com/vive-n-chill-cooling-solution-htc-vive-users-sweaty-vr-faces/

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

9. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 16:56 Tipsy McStagger

8. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 16:24 BazzaLB

As far as I'm aware, the vive inbuilt mic becomes inoperative with the TPCAST..  
Lurking on Blues since mid nineties

7. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 15:36 Slick

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 14:37:
I'll just deal with the cord until the next gen headsets come out with wireless built in. Hopefully they'll have eye tracking and foveated rendering built in as well.

yyyyyyup.

Also, the added weight is a non-starter for me, having been in physio for almost a year due to a Vive injury. Fucking Holopoint, they need to figure out a better wat to approximate your "body" to didge incoming attacks, as of right now the only thing tracked is the head, so to beat the game you have to whip your head back and forth every couple seconds... Physio hasn't even helped, pretty fucking sad, could be permanent damage.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

6. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 14:37 HoSpanky

I'll just deal with the cord until the next gen headsets come out with wireless built in. Hopefully they'll have eye tracking and foveated rendering built in as well.  

5. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 13:21 RedEye9

Dman20 wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 12:50:
Battery says up to 6 hour charge on the page for a 20000mA/h pack. Thats got to be heavy.
Nope, less than 14 ounces (395 grams if you're weird )

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2017, 14:22.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

4. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 12:50 Dman20

Ouch.... $300. Lot of equipment to get wireless. Not saying it wouldn't be great but ouch.

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 11:11:
No shit. Plus I wonder how long the charge lasts.

Battery says up to 6 hour charge on the page for a 20000mA/h pack. Thats got to be heavy.

3. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 11:45 HorrorScope

Good to hear rumors that wireless is a strong chance for gen 2 units. If you got the $$$ and a Vive, I'd do it.  

2. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 11:11 The Half Elf

No shit. Plus I wonder how long the charge lasts.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

1. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 11:06 xXStellarDadXx

At first i was excited as hell when i seen this.Then i saw the price and was like...fuck it...ill just keep it wired for now...  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo