Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2 Trailer

A new live-action trailer from Destiny 2 is titled "New Legends Will Rise," offering a two-minute film from Jordan Vogt-Roberts, director of Kong: Skull Island. The clip parties like it's 1994 with a Beastie Boys soundtrack, and word is an edited 60-second version of this will air as a network TV spot. Word is: "The two-minute live-action spot, 'New Legends Will Rise,' depicts Destiny 2's heroic character, Cayde-6, as he rallies three Guardians into a battle to defend Earth against the invading Red Legion."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Sep 2, 2017, 02:34 bigspender

Midnight wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 23:40:
Honestly, this game just makes me want to reinstall Warframe.

Warframe was a lot more fun than this. And didn't cost a dime :-)

11. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Sep 1, 2017, 23:40 Midnight

Honestly, this game just makes me want to reinstall Warframe.  
http://www.crimsondark.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Sep 1, 2017, 13:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 03:15:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 23:18:
Very nice trailer, but fuck these guys for their PC content delay plan.

I literally just found out that the console versions are coming out in a few days, I'm fine with an October release for PC. At least it's not like GTA V where it was 1.5 years after the initial launch...

It's not just this initial delay, they are withholding content from the PC version for 1 year or more, they've already stated that. (vs the PS4 version)

The PC version of the game will basically never be complete. It will always be a year or more behind the PS4 version. For comparison, the Xbox version of Destiny 1 is STILL missing content that the PS4 version has had.

I could live with the October 24th release if that was all that was going to be delayed.

9. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Sep 1, 2017, 11:45 Cutter

bigspender wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 04:44:
I really did not enjoy the beta. Their first few Halo games were far better. They had a tone, a palette and they were focused. The guns were fun.

Destiny 2 just had too much of everything. It was like a child attempting to cook. The intro was just explosions and yelling.

Story is completely ton deaf, going from silly funny to serious and back and forth.

There was also something really off with the performance - my frame counter said it was over 100fps most of the time, but it felt like 30fps the way things moved around and the way the mouse felt.

And the game-play was just boring, and unchallenging. The guns felt pretty average. Weirdly enough the pistols were the most powerful weapons?

Spot on assessment. Except performance was fine on my rig. And yeah, as a hunter I ended up just using pistols and sniper rifles. Gameplay is definitely all grindy meh, I concur.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

8. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Sep 1, 2017, 10:45 MrBone

They are getting lazy at Bungie. Losing key players in management is starting to show up unfortunately.  

7. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Sep 1, 2017, 04:55 DangerDog

Their marketing campaign is pretty ineffectual now that I've played the demo.

I might consider getting it for the mindless single player when it's $20 but by then other better games will probably come along.

6. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Sep 1, 2017, 04:44 bigspender

I really did not enjoy the beta. Their first few Halo games were far better. They had a tone, a palette and they were focused. The guns were fun.

Destiny 2 just had too much of everything. It was like a child attempting to cook. The intro was just explosions and yelling.

Story is completely ton deaf, going from silly funny to serious and back and forth.

There was also something really off with the performance - my frame counter said it was over 100fps most of the time, but it felt like 30fps the way things moved around and the way the mouse felt.

And the game-play was just boring, and unchallenging. The guns felt pretty average. Weirdly enough the pistols were the most powerful weapons?

5. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Sep 1, 2017, 03:15 Slick

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 23:18:

I literally just found out that the console versions are coming out in a few days, I'm fine with an October release for PC. At least it's not like GTA V where it was 1.5 years after the initial launch...

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

4. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Sep 1, 2017, 01:13 KS

So, this is a news story about an ad for a game?  

3. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Aug 31, 2017, 23:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

2. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Aug 31, 2017, 22:44 Cutter

They blew up the ramen shops? Those dirty alien sons of bitches!

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

1. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Aug 31, 2017, 22:00 Darks

Do it for the Puppies!!

LOL!!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo