Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Had a really great time getting together with old friends yesterday. This is ostensibly because of our plans to move, though we will gladly make a longer drive to see everyone after we do. And of course, we're still not even on the market, so it's not out of the question that next August we could have a second annual going away party.

R.I.P.: Tobe Hooper, Director Of 'Chain Saw Massacre,' Dies At 74.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Fill Tracks.
Link: Celebrating Jack Kirby, the King of Comics, at 100.
Stories: Harvey causes deadly floods, is set to drop ‘unprecedented’ rain totals in Texas.
For The Eclipse, People Put Sunscreen On Their Eyeballs.
Images: Hawk takes shelter in Houston man's taxi before Hurricane Harvey.
Media: Who put those signs there? NSFW.
Star Trek Tech Support.
Dog Advertising Burger Bar In China.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Who put those signs there? Aug 28, 2017, 12:33 Nullity

For The Eclipse, People Put Sunscreen On Their Eyeballs.

Just when you think people couldn't possible get more stupid...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Who put those signs there? Aug 27, 2017, 18:04 afka Rossini

Is it February 3rd? Maybe it's just déjà vu but I could swear Blue recently posted a link to this video. Still funny though.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2017, 16:13 Hoop

Been a crazy few days. The first night my phone was blowin up with emergency alerts, serve storm , tornado, flash flood; I get it, shit's hittin the fan . Been safe at my place though, power only went out for a few minutes, the biggest worry has been flooding, kept waking up last night to make sure my complex's lot wasn't flooding. Though, if it was not sure what I could do as everything else around here is lower than the lot. Thankfully we've had a lull in the rain giving things a chance to drain off, and as much as I miss my newly formed lakeside view(the lot across from me is a lower and filled up), I feel a lot better knowing it's drained off and can fill up again is need be. They're saying we could get 40-50 inches before this is all over, which is an insane amount of rain. Hopefully not, cause while I'm high and dry I know there are a lot of areas in town that are currently underwater, and they certainly don't need more of it.

Having just got through a couple of close calls with flooding as we exit Winter I wish you luck. Spring is really lighting up around these parts in the last 3-4 days, I did the first lawn mow for some time & man is the grass thick after periods of torrential rain we got through August.

Um .. Behind you...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2017, 16:08 Cutter

I'd like to know the followup to that hawk story.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2017, 16:02 Pigeon

That hawk knows what's up. 'Is this a taxi or not? Dallas and step on it, I can pay in dead mice'.

Been a crazy few days. The first night my phone was blowin up with emergency alerts, serve storm , tornado, flash flood; I get it, shit's hittin the fan . Been safe at my place though, power only went out for a few minutes, the biggest worry has been flooding, kept waking up last night to make sure my complex's lot wasn't flooding. Though, if it was not sure what I could do as everything else around here is lower than the lot. Thankfully we've had a lull in the rain giving things a chance to drain off, and as much as I miss my newly formed lakeside view(the lot across from me is a lower and filled up), I feel a lot better knowing it's drained off and can fill up again is need be. They're saying we could get 40-50 inches before this is all over, which is an insane amount of rain. Hopefully not, cause while I'm high and dry I know there are a lot of areas in town that are currently underwater, and they certainly don't need more of it.

2. Hurricane Harvey Aug 27, 2017, 15:55 Creston

It's a good thing global warming is a hoax made up by the Chinese.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2017, 15:34 Bill Borre

First George then Tobe. Is someone killing off the great horror movie directors? Somebody better warn John.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo