Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Metaverse

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 27, 2017, 14:31 RedEye9

No one here actually believes anthing the trolling canuck says, right.
I only use him when i need legal, medical, moral, financial, nutritional, historical, economic, business, professional advice or good judgement. /Sarcasm

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If Youre Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 27, 2017, 13:31 Dirwulf

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 21:27:
They won't donate the food they throw out. Hell, they won't even allow people to dumpster dive for it or give it to staff. They actually make sure it's run through a trash compactor so no one can have it/use it.

Cutter spewing lies...all whole foods donate to local food banks...

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/mission-values/caring-communities/community-giving

13. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 27, 2017, 04:53 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 21:27:
They won't donate the food they throw out. Hell, they won't even allow people to dumpster dive for it or give it to staff. They actually make sure it's run through a trash compactor so no one can have it/use it.
That would suck, but I'm not sure it's true. Could it be a state or federal law/issue? If there are laws, they should always side on feeding the hungry. I know 50% of the food here in the US, is wasted. Personally I've got a fairly low carbon footprint. Iirc, the single biggest contributor to global warming atm is meat (red and white) production/processing.

Afaik, the Austin stores give food to charities and food kitchens each night. I do have a real problem with how they treat the employees. They should/could feed them for free, if the only other choice was to throw food away.

Its a sad day for America when people believe women, The Drumpf

12. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 22:13 D4rkKnight

DangerDog wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 16:34:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 14:29:
Despite Whole Foods flaws (i.e. mackey, the drumpf of grocery) it was a pioneer against Mindless pesticides, processing and antibiotic usage in food products. Not to mention, globally supporting lower carbon footprint agriculture and helping to establishing international guidelines.

Oddly they never seem to advertise their budget line 365 and now seem to be building a different chain for it.

They might have started out that way but have since slid into the same corporate slime pit that all the other grocery store chains operate under. Their form of exploitation is a special kind of sleaze though, asparagus water anyone?

Amazon knows what they're doing, harvesting data and money from people with more money than brains.

So I looked that up, one store in Cali did that. Corporate response was to shut it down. I suppose you could say they were testing the ability to cheat people but it sounds more like a California hipster running a store then a scheme.

11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 21:27 Cutter

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

10. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 17:37 Acleacius

DangerDog wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 16:34:
Despite Whole Foods flaws (i.e. mackey, the drumpf of grocery) it was a pioneer against Mindless pesticides, processing and antibiotic usage in food products. Not to mention, globally supporting lower carbon footprint agriculture and helping to establishing international guidelines.

Oddly they never seem to advertise their budget line 365 and now seem to be building a different chain for it.

They might have started out that way but have since slid into the same corporate slime pit that all the other grocery store chains operate under. Their form of exploitation is a special kind of sleaze though, asparagus water anyone?

Amazon knows what they're doing, harvesting data and money from people with more money than brains.
Afaik, they didn't start making the product. I.e. it was started by other companies and they started selling it. My guess if it became popular (not clue, never tried it) they would start making their own. That really speaks more to the people who buy it, than the fact a store carries an item for pretentious customers.

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 17:35 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 16:03:

And they're also pro-food waste, pro-exploitation of workers/anti-union. They don't give a fuck about any of the stuff you mentioned that's just public relations bullshit.
What is pro-food waste? I agree their worker policies suck but once again that falls on drumpf of grocery. He's a complete dick, no doubt.

I shop at the corporate store in Austin but don't ever buy exploitative items. It's better than buying at a store which doesn't have any safety policies on the products they sell. And if another chain store does has safety policies it's because Whole Foods forced the market, to make better choices.

8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 16:34 DangerDog

7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 16:03 Cutter

And they're also pro-food waste, pro-exploitation of workers/anti-union. They don't give a fuck about any of the stuff you mentioned that's just public relations bullshit.

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 14:29 Acleacius

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 14:09 DangerDog

Amazon isn't interested in selling food, they're in it for the data harvesting and potential to tap into new Amazon Prime customers.

4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 13:56 MajorD

Amazon lost money for years on a gamble that continues to pay for itself. This recent acquisition isn't too different.

Still counting...

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 13:49 RedEye9

Bezos is no dummy.
He can afford to sell everything at a loss knowing he will make up for it with volume. :WinkeySmileyFace:

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If Youre Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 13:42 Cutter

Fuck both these companies.

1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 12:10 jdreyer

Meh, Amazon's approach here is age-old: take a loss on the baby kale to get people to the store and make the loss up with higher prices on other things.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo