Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

GWENT: Thronebreaker Announced

GOG.com announces GWENT: Thronebreaker, a new single-player story campaign for CD PROJEKT RED's card game spinoff of The Witcher series. Here's a teaser trailer and here's the announcement:
A single player story of intrigue, tough choices, and unique gameplay twists.

Thronebreaker, the single player story campaign for GWENT, is coming soon from CD PROJEKT RED.

GWENT: Thronebreaker spins a truly regal tale of Meve — a war-veteran queen of two Northern Realms. Facing an imminent foreign invasion, Meve is forced to once again enter the warpath, and sets out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge.

Throughout the campaign, players will explore new and never before seen parts of The Witcher world, embark on thought-provoking quests, gather resources, as well as engage in custom-made story battles, which twist the game’s rules in wildly unexpected ways. GWENT: Thronebreaker will release this year on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. More information is available on playgwent.com.

View

1. Re: GWENT: Thronebreaker Announced Aug 22, 2017, 18:08 Task

Nice, yet more stuff from the books. Meve (from Blood of Elves) and on, the "White Queen", the only ruler of the Northern Kingdoms after the death of Calanthe (Ciri's Grandmother). Meve was the one who knighted Geralt after the "Battle for the Bridge on the Yaruga" (spanish illustration) in which he offically became known as "Geralt of Rivia."

I always get a kick out of how much of super fans they are of the book series - if it wasn't for them bringing Witcher 1 to the West, I never would have known about the books at all. Anyways, this is exactly what I was waiting for with Gwent, since they mentioned early on they would add SP stuff to it.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2017, 18:19.

Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
>> 1. Aug 22, 18:08 Re: GWENT: Thronebreaker Announced Task
  2. Aug 23, 00:06 Re: GWENT: Thronebreaker Announced  Cutter 
  3. Aug 23, 04:35 Re: GWENT: Thronebreaker Announced eRe4s3r