Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced

The Age of Empires website recaps a few Age of Empires announcements from Gamescom. First and foremost is the news that Age of Empires 4 is in development at Relic Entertainment. They say they cannot wait tell us more about this, but they are waiting anyway. They say to stay tuned for more details, and in the meantime, they offer an announce trailer to celebrate the news. This ends with the Windows 10 logo, and it's possible that it's not coming to older versions of Windows. They also announce an October 19th release date for the Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, a Windows 10 exclusive, and they also revealed plans for definite editions of Age of Empires 2 and 3, which are presumably for Windows 10 too. They also offer a new Age of Empires Definitive Edition Gamescom 2017 trailer. Here's word:
Age of Empires 4!!!!!!!! We have been dying to tell you all!

Now that we’ve gotten that excitement out of the way, we can move onto a wrap up of the rest of the announcements from our event. There is a lot to cover!

We started off announcing the release date for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, October 19th, 2017! What a great way to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the original game! AoE: DE will launch with a ton of awesome new features, but we have kept a lot of things the same to preserve the feel of the original game. Take a look at the list:

• Attack Move
  • 250-300 population cap​
  • Rally Points Basic
  • Rally Points Contextual (Intelligent Villagers)
  • Grid default key layout ​
  • Select Idle Military
  • Select Idle Villagers
  • Unit queueing
  • Right-click mouse scroll
  • And MORE!

We then announced that we will be releasing Definitive Editions of both Age II and Age III, keep an eye out for more details about those!

Those led nicely into our announcement of Age of Empires IV. We are also excited to announce that we are working with the fantastic team from Relic Entertainment to make this the best Age game yet! Stay tuned for more details, we cannot wait to tell you more.

View : : :

Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
Aug 21, 2017, 20:24
Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 21, 2017, 20:24
Aug 21, 2017, 20:24

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 20:13:
HoSpanky wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 19:56:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 19:30:
Kajetan wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 19:03:
Probably only via Windows Store ...

Yep. At least at first and therefore zero fucks given for now.

It's also scary when they explicitly promote the most basic of features like being able to select idle villagers. Who are they trying to impress with that sort of crap? Console peasants?

I'll check this out when (or if) it releases on other platforms than the Win store and sells for less than $10. For now: Yawn. Next.

You DO realize the feature of being able to select idle villagers is being shown for the updated ORIGINAL game, yes? That's not AoE4.

ooops

What's the difference between the Windows Store, Origin, the Epic Launcher, and Uplay? Nothing, just none of them are Steam.

Joke question, right? Look, I would have (almost) no problems with the Windows store per se if it would be just a Steam, Origin, uPlay or Battle.net clone... except it isn't? Have you not followed the whole history of how they were trying to force their garbage uber DRM UWP restrictions down our throats with the Win store?

Fuck Microsoft. I will boycott the Win store out of principle just for the attempt of that shitty walled garden approach and also because of GFWL.
My legit copy of Age of Empires III went down the drain with GFWL. They never added it to Microsoft accounts (yes I used the same e-mail address for GFWL and my MS account) or gave legit owners alternative keys.

Ironically, I can still see I bought AoE III in my account history on my MS account so they *do* have a track record of purchases. Welp. Where the fucking fuck is my game, Microsoft? Why would I buy a game from the Win store and risk a repeat of them stealing/flushing my legit games? Not gonna happen. Once bitten, twice shy. Fuck the Windows store. First thing I uninstalled when I upgraded. Never looked back.

I agree that a million launchers is annoying but using DRM in the argument isn't valid. All of these platforms are/have DRM. I too wish I could just keep everything on Steam but those days are long gone.
Date
Subject
Author
Aug 21, 2017Aug 21 2017
    Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
Aug 22, 2017Aug 22 2017
Aug 22, 2017Aug 22 2017
Aug 22, 2017Aug 22 2017
Aug 22, 2017Aug 22 2017
Aug 22, 2017Aug 22 2017
Aug 22, 2017Aug 22 2017
Aug 22, 2017Aug 22 2017