Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends

The BioWare Blog offers an update on Mass Effect: Andromeda, saying there will be no more single-player updates for the latest installment in the sci-fi RPG series. Overwatch be warned, however, they still plan further multiplayer content, and promise more details on that in the coming weeks. Here's word:
Since the release of Mass Effect™: Andromeda, we’ve worked hard to address feedback from our community. From improving animations to expanding customization options, we looked to respond to your concerns, and build on what you loved.

With each patch, you let us know we were heading in the right direction, and we’re grateful to everyone who joined us on this journey. We’re proud of what we created, and we hope you enjoyed it as well.

Early in development, we decided to focus Mass Effect: Andromeda’s story on the Pathfinder, the exploration of the Andromeda galaxy, and the conflict with the Archon. The game was designed to further expand on the Pathfinder’s journey through this new galaxy with story-based APEX multiplayer missions and we will continue to tell stories in the Andromeda Galaxy through our upcoming comics and novels, including the fate of the quarian ark.

Our last update, 1.10, was the final update for Mass Effect: Andromeda. There are no planned future patches for single-player or in-game story content.

In the coming weeks, our multiplayer team will provide details of their ongoing support and upcoming content, including new multiplayer missions, character kits, and what’s in store for N7 Day.

We appreciate all the millions of people who came with us to the Andromeda galaxy. We hope to see you again in the Mass Effect universe.
View : : :
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends
Aug 20, 2017, 14:49
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 14:49
Aug 20, 2017, 14:49

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 14:22:
Hey Captain New's Flash, we knew this was going to happen as soon as it was announced. Why? Um... Maxis, Murky Foot, Bullfrog, Dice (not as bad as the others) etc, etc, etc.

Go back and see the heat I took for saying so back then soon after the purchase. Many online felt otherwise. And thanks for proving my point as to why I said so. History.. doomed to repeat.. etc

Aug 20, 2017, 14:22
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 14:22
Aug 20, 2017, 14:22

GothicWizard wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 13:18:
Icewind wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 12:46:

As someone who interviews and hires people for my company, I can tell you that these millennials work very cheaply.

I'm betting that revolving door of cheap, wide-eyed, day-dreaming millennial fresh meat is too tantalizing for BioWare to abandon.

The culture there is dead anyway, since the people who were around during the days when "CRPG" meant something are long gone.

When EA bought BW I was on the beginning of the end bandwagon and took a LOT of heat for that view. Everyone was like 'oh they still have the core dev there it will be fine'. I said within 6 months you will start seeing the exit of those core devs, mgt and it will just be a circling the drain affair as time goes on until it's just a shell of BW in name only. I was laughed at on their forums and here.

I am not above saying, I told you so.

Hey Captain New's Flash, we knew this was going to happen as soon as it was announced. Why? Um... Maxis, Murky Foot, Bullfrog, Dice (not as bad as the others) etc, etc, etc.
Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Aug 20, 2017, 13:27
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 13:27
Aug 20, 2017, 13:27

Bioware to customers: So long, suckahs!
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Aug 20, 2017, 13:18
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 13:18
Aug 20, 2017, 13:18

Icewind wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 12:46:

As someone who interviews and hires people for my company, I can tell you that these millennials work very cheaply.

I'm betting that revolving door of cheap, wide-eyed, day-dreaming millennial fresh meat is too tantalizing for BioWare to abandon.

The culture there is dead anyway, since the people who were around during the days when "CRPG" meant something are long gone.

When EA bought BW I was on the beginning of the end bandwagon and took a LOT of heat for that view. Everyone was like 'oh they still have the core dev there it will be fine'. I said within 6 months you will start seeing the exit of those core devs, mgt and it will just be a circling the drain affair as time goes on until it's just a shell of BW in name only. I was laughed at on their forums and here.

I am not above saying, I told you so.

Aug 20, 2017, 12:46
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 12:46
Aug 20, 2017, 12:46

NewMaxx wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 12:09:
We hope to see you again in the Mass Effect universe.

Hmm, yes, maybe try hiring people based on merit rather than their SJW credentials next time.

(I realize this may "trigger" some people; let me just say I pre-ordered the game and enjoyed it but not without much lamentation)

Aug 20, 2017, 12:42
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 12:42

Not surprising these news. The single player is fucked up beyond salvation anyway. They would have to swap out all of the braindead moron characters, rewrite the story and every single line of dialogue and remake all the cutscenes and animations from scratch to fix that complete clusterfuck.
It would require a 40GB patch to turn the game into an at least tolerable affair that does not insult any average person's intelligence every thirty seconds.

El Pit

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 12:42
 El Pit

So it is safe for people interested in single-player to buy it now? No more DLCs? Good, I might buy it now at a sale knowing that the single-player experience is complete now.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Aug 20, 2017, 12:09
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 12:09
Aug 20, 2017, 12:09

We hope to see you again in the Mass Effect universe.

Hmm, yes, maybe try hiring people based on merit rather than their SJW credentials next time.

(I realize this may "trigger" some people; let me just say I pre-ordered the game and enjoyed it but not without much lamentation)
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older