Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Underworld Ascendant Publishing Deal

This story was accidentally merged into another one this morning, so it's posted again on its own here: 505 Games announces they are publishing Underworld Ascendant, OtherSide Studios' crowdfunded RPG sequel, saying they expect this will be released in the second half of next year. Here's the plan:

505 Games, a subsidiary of Digital Bros. S.p.A., announced today a partnership with development studio OtherSide Entertainment to publish fantasy RPG Underworld Ascendant, the next-generation sequel to the landmark Underworld franchise. The deeply experienced team at OtherSide studio – helmed by industry legends Paul Neurath (Ultima Underworld, Thief) and Warren Spector (Deus Ex, Epic Mickey) – has worked on many leading game franchises, which collectively garnered more than 200 awards and earned over $3 billion in revenues. Their current project, Underworld Ascendant, was first revealed on Kickstarter, where fans clamoring for the return of the storied masterpiece raised more than $850,000 for its creation.

“It’s another big moment for 505 Games, having the opportunity to partner with this talented team on such an iconic brand,” said Neil Ralley, president of 505 Games. “Ultima Underworld is among the greatest PC RPGs ever made, and we look forward to what Paul, Warren and their team will accomplish with the next generation of the franchise.”

View
2. Re: Underworld Ascendant Publishing Deal Aug 18, 2017, 09:09 wtf_man

I really want this to be good. UU is still my favorite RPG of all time. I'm not real happy with the new art direction of Ascendant, but I'll overlook that for the gameplay, if it is anything like the original Ultima Underworld.  

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!
Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 18, 02:19 Re: Underworld Ascendant Publishing Deal Numinar
>> 2. Aug 18, 09:09 Re: Underworld Ascendant Publishing Deal wtf_man

footer

Blue's News logo