Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 18, 2017, 15:48 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 14:55:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 14:05:
Also important to note that this isn't a free speech issue. With a few exceptions, businesses are free to disassociate themselves from doing businesses with whomever they please.

Lastly, statues of Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis, etc. are abominations. These people are traitors to and enemies of this nation responsible for 100,000s of deaths. History does not require statues to remember these people by. We do not "remember" Hitler or Osama bin Laden by erecting statues in their memory. Lastly, these "memorials" are in celebration and remembrance of a regime that would deny the rights of and enslave millions of human beings.
What are you, a commie?
Heh. A little wealth redistribution could do the economy some good.

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 17, 2017, 14:55 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 14:05:
Also important to note that this isn't a free speech issue. With a few exceptions, businesses are free to disassociate themselves from doing businesses with whomever they please.

Lastly, statues of Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis, etc. are abominations. These people are traitors to and enemies of this nation responsible for 100,000s of deaths. History does not require statues to remember these people by. We do not "remember" Hitler or Osama bin Laden by erecting statues in their memory. Lastly, these "memorials" are in celebration and remembrance of a regime that would deny the rights of and enslave millions of human beings.
What are you, a commie?

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

14. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 17, 2017, 14:05 jdreyer

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 17, 2017, 09:12 RedEye9

afka Rossini wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 21:37:
Apparently there are spoilers all over the place for Game of Thrones S7E6. A radio show that I listen to said the NY Post actually had a major spoiler in a headline. I'm torn between downloading the episode or not using the internet until Sunday.
NOT A Spoiler
Got the high quality version with good sound, it was great.

12. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 17, 2017, 07:23 panbient

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 22:32:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 21:39:
ledhead1969 wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 21:04:
I'm glad you all disagree with net neutrality.

"First they came for the Nazis..."

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

If all they wanted was an equal voice then sure. But there's a huge difference between white supremacists defending the lifestyle they chose and defending the actual life of a non-white American who's life (not style but literal living existence) is actually threatened by the lifestyle the other side is trying to 'protect'.

It's almost like they completely forgot the American territory was not originally white -at all-.

There seems to be something fundamentally flawed in the fabric of society where a substantial portion of the population seem to draw a narrower focus as they look out at the 'big picture'. People who rail against globalists because they aren't trying to skew everything to their personal benefit. And in that same way they're blowing political correctness beyond the pale to the point where they're using the concept to justify continuing to indirectly support oppression and hate.

Or did anyone actually manage to find a 'very fine' torch carrier from the recent Virginia marches who could speak with words worth hearing in regards to the value of preserving confederate statues? Yes, history is important to remember, it's important to learn from the mistakes of the past. No one seems to be saying that. They all seem to be going on about protecting the history that justifies and supports the ideology that allows them to continue believing the failures of their lives is due to the 'other' that somehow things would be better if they went back to how it was. They all seem to want to go back rather than learn from - that's a problem.

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 17, 2017, 01:16 egg_mcmuffin

I agree, and people should know better. Zuckerberg 2004:

Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard
Zuck: Just ask
Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS
[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?
Zuck: People just submitted it.
Zuck: I don't know why.
Zuck: They "trust me"
Zuck: Dumb fucks....

These people do not care about you. They do not care about your issues. They do not care about protecting your interest. They want to satiate you to get your money.

Not sure what is worse, the people trying to enforce the "right way" or the people feebly clinging to past hoping it will solve all their problems for the future...

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 17, 2017, 01:02 Tom

Corporations exist for profit, by definition. Expecting something other than profit to be the overriding factor in determining their behavior is naive.  

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 22:32 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 21:39:

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 22:19 Cutter

Yet Twitter won't ban Trump, the GOP, et al. People need to stop applauding these hypocritical corporations who are only pandering for business and don't give a fuck about anything except the bottom line.

Twitter has gone from bastion of free speech to global censor

And what's Spotify doing to remove all the other racist music from rappers, etc.? Nothing is what.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 21:39 jdreyer

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 21:37 afka Rossini

Apparently there are spoilers all over the place for Game of Thrones S7E6. A radio show that I listen to said the NY Post actually had a major spoiler in a headline. I'm torn between downloading the episode or not using the internet until Sunday.

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 21:04 ledhead1969

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 20:09 jdreyer

LOL @ Daily Stormer.  

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 19:32 Pigeon

Months later, Kjellberg says he has a different perspective about those jokes and says he’s no longer going to make them.

All it took was someone dying, I mean other than ~6 million Jews, for him to get some perspective. I get it, humor is subjective and the line between being edgy and a douche bag isn't always obvious, but at least have some cognizance of why what you're saying is offensive. If memory serves correct his defense was something along the lines of lol jk what's the big deal.

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 18:43:
Lack of cloudflare support means the racist trolls have no place to go but the White House. sad

Don't worry there are still plenty over at yahoo-news' comments section. I used to find reading all the stupid comments entertaining, my guilty pleasure, now I just feel sick.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 19:11 RedEye9

The daily stormer lost its .com and switched to .ru
The alt-right really does need Russia's support.
Not even fake news.

Some thought that maga meant trumps idea of a Great America circa the '50s, well it's looking truer and truer.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 18:43 RedEye9

Lack of cloudflare support means the racist trolls have no place to go but the White House. sad

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo