Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

So tackle football is upon us, the Giants played their first exhibition game last night and every team will have a game under their belts after this weekend. The preseason is an odd thing, as while the outcomes don't matter and everyone is desperately trying to avoid injuries, the quality of play is still important, since teams need to get on the right page before the start of the season. This makes judging the outcome a subjective affair... The G-men lost, but overall I was pretty happy with how they looked. And yes, it's a sign of how ready I am for the season that I watched.

R.I.P.: World’s oldest man, a Holocaust survivor, dies at 113.

Kingly Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Stories: Review: A True-Life Journey Into Interstellar Space in ‘The Farthest’. Thanks j.c.f.
100 year old fruit cake found in Antarctica's Oldest Building. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Science: Researchers encode malware in DNA, compromise DNA sequencing software.
Media: The moment you realize the robots will have your job.
The Geneva Mechanism.
Instinctive archery trick shot: double swinging bottles.
Follow-up: Walmart says back-to-school gun display was a prank.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2017, 12:55 RedEye9

SlimRam wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 22:50:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 21:05:
A rancid cheeto who now has blood on his hands for what transpired today in Charlottesville. I am so glad that David Duke helped get that piece of shit elected.

A quote from a popular White supremacy site 'Daily Stormer' that's circling the internet:
"Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us.
He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate… on both sides!
So he implied the antifa are haters.
There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all.
He said he loves us all.
Also refused to answer a question about White Nationalists supporting him.
No condemnation at all.
When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room.
Really, really good.
God bless him."
“I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists,” Duke tweeted. “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump,” he said. “That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

I am embarrassed for the gop and the ignorant electorate who voted for this abomination.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2017, 07:18 Orogogus

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2017, 03:34:
Walmart says back-to-school gun display was a prank.

"It was a joke!"

Well, I guess our president says the same thing all the time, so it's not without precedent.

They seem to be saying that someone pranked them, not that they set it up like that intentionally.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2017, 03:57 Numinar

The Farthest is pretty good, but I would have liked more footage and CGI as the visualisations are not always great until near the end.

The Voyager Probes are tied with Hubble as the most awesome things we (And by we I mean you yanks) have ever done. Voyager might be more useful in the short term even if Hubble is a little more mind blowing.

The automation they managed with early 70's programming for the launch boosters and probes themselves is astonishing. Maybe the memory restraints made for a good environment to test and visualise and collaborate.

Good to see Carolyn Porco still trucking along, I remember her from the BBC's "The Planets" which I hope this new series properly updates. A good role model for all of us and a far too rare one for girls in general.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2017, 03:34 jdreyer

Walmart says back-to-school gun display was a prank.

"It was a joke!"

Well, I guess our president says the same thing all the time, so it's not without precedent.

Stay a while, and listen.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2017, 03:32 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 12:35:
Venezuela's defense minister nailed it when he responded to donnys dreck as "craziness."

Support for the cheeto in chief continues to fall, breaking previous records. At least he's breaking records.

Hey, Trump is the best at what he does.

Stay a while, and listen.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2017, 01:22 eRe4s3r

Hoop wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 20:46:
bigspender wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 18:39:
100 year old fruit cake found in Antarctica's Oldest Building.

I'm not that impressed honestly. After all, we've got a 70 year old fruit cake running the US right now.

Bravo *Golf Clap*
Only your's is way too nutty, soaked in alcohol & could within a couple of rouge tweets set off a psychopathic level 10 control freak to nuke you all to kingdom come.

I know that is probably extremely cynically, but I would vote for nuking North Korea without a second thought if that had any chance of fixing that nightmarish abomination of a pseudo nation.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2017, 22:50 SlimRam

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 21:05:
A rancid cheeto who now has blood on his hands for what transpired today in Charlottesville. I am so glad that David Duke helped get that piece of shit elected.

A quote from a popular White supremacy site 'Daily Stormer' that's circling the internet:

"Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us.

He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate… on both sides!

So he implied the antifa are haters.

There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all.

He said he loves us all.

Also refused to answer a question about White Nationalists supporting him.

No condemnation at all.

When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room.

Really, really good.

God bless him."

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2017, 22:03 Nucas

Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 14:01:
Nucas wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 13:14:
i just saw an ad for Fruit Loops pop up on blues and now i think i'm going to pick up a box at the store. i think this is the first time i've been directly influenced by an advertisement before.

Sure you weren't influenced by the fruitcake story 'cause Fruit Loops are disgusting.

i ate the whole box and got sick

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2017, 21:05 RedEye9

NKD wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 20:16:

I'm not that impressed honestly. After all, we've got a 70 year old fruit cake running the US right now.

And it's a rare Cheetoh flavored fruit cake too.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2017, 20:46 Hoop

Bravo *Golf Clap*
Only your's is way too nutty, soaked in alcohol & could within a couple of rouge tweets set off a psychopathic level 10 control freak to nuke you all to kingdom come.

Um .. Behind you...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2017, 20:16 NKD

And it's a rare Cheetoh flavored fruit cake too.

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

7. 100 year old fruit cake found in Antarctica's Oldest Building. Aug 12, 2017, 19:08 SlimRam

If I was drunk and hungry enough, I'd eat the damn thing.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2017, 18:39 bigspender

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2017, 17:37 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Damn I'm tired Read the stories section titles as one long story.

Review: A True-Life Journey Into Interstellar Space in the "Farthest" 100 Year Old Fruit Cake Found in Antarctica's Oldest Building.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2017, 14:05 Cutter

Yeah, mebbe it's because I don't follow any other sports and that the football season is so short that I'm always stoked for football pre-season or not. It's just good to see the boys in pads and cleats doing their thang. I think I'm going to be watching more college ball this season too. And that's only 2 weeks off so I'm pretty amped for that as well.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2017, 14:01 Cutter

Nucas wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 13:14:
i just saw an ad for Fruit Loops pop up on blues and now i think i'm going to pick up a box at the store. i think this is the first time i've been directly influenced by an advertisement before.

Sure you weren't influenced by the fruitcake story 'cause Fruit Loops are disgusting.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2017, 13:14 Nucas

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2017, 12:35 RedEye9

Venezuela's defense minister nailed it when he responded to donnys dreck as "craziness."

Support for the cheeto in chief continues to fall, breaking previous records. At least he's breaking records.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo