Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Interviews

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 12, 2017, 22:35 Rigs

SlimRam wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 02:47:
Cliff: "We're going to continue to raise awareness, continue to support the product - if you look at the phenomenon that was League of Legends, it built off a Warcraft 3 mod then slowly but surely blossomed into this immense amazing thing, and I'd rather be the game that comes up and has that hockey stick ramp with a slow burn and builds up rather than the triple-A hype machine where you have a bazillion people playing it month one and it goes down exponentially then they follow up with an annual product."

It's cute how he believes his game is going to be relevant.

Depends on your mood, I guess, mate. I think it's fucking sad. He totally overestimated the potential of his game and I'm like 95% sure he'll be in denial about it for the next year or so. Then he'll come around and write a post-mortem in two to three years time saying how 'he was hopeful but misjudged the market and now he's gonna listen to what the community wants (because they always fuckin' know what they want before they get it, right?) and work on a follow up...OR he'll drop the idea and look at planning for the 'Next Big Thing''. All of it has happened before and it'll happen again.

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
---------------------------------------
'The only way to win is not to play', huh?
Here, hold my beer...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 12, 2017, 02:47 SlimRam

Cliff: "We're going to continue to raise awareness, continue to support the product - if you look at the phenomenon that was League of Legends, it built off a Warcraft 3 mod then slowly but surely blossomed into this immense amazing thing, and I'd rather be the game that comes up and has that hockey stick ramp with a slow burn and builds up rather than the triple-A hype machine where you have a bazillion people playing it month one and it goes down exponentially then they follow up with an annual product."

It's cute how he believes his game is going to be relevant.

1. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 11, 2017, 21:40 Cutter

Sales of Lawbreakers would be through the roof right now if all of us PC gamers weren't scum who are obviously stealing your game. That about right, Cliffy? Or maybe we're just not #skilledAF anymore. Lol!

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo