Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Gearbox Teases Project 1v1

Gearbox reveals a project codenamed Project 1v1, saying this is "top-secret," but writing about it on a new Project 1v1 website. They promise closed technical testing this summer for a game that combines first-person combat and collectible card strategy. Here's word:

Project 1v1 is the code name for Gearbox's top-secret, in-development, competitive first-person shooter that combines the action of fast-paced 1v1 first-person combat with the metagame strategy of a collectible card game.

Project 1v1 will be holding a short Closed Technical Test this summer. We are looking for a limited number of players to test the online infrastructure and learn what players like you think about the game in order to inform and influence future development. The test will be held on North American servers, so international players may experience decreased performance.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Starbreeze Publishing Psychonauts 2 Aug 9, 2017, 12:01 ItBurn

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 08:47:
Gadzooks wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 00:51:
Takes over failed game project - Duke Nukem... game bombs

You're not wrong about Gearbox in general but as depressing as it is, Duke Nukem Forever sold well and made money for both Gearbox and 2K.

I liked Duke Forever... It was one of the best shooters released that year. It was a slow year though...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Starbreeze Publishing Psychonauts 2 Aug 9, 2017, 09:24 Burrito of Peace

If that "top secret" project isn't Homeworld 3, I have zero fucks to give.  

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

13. Re: Starbreeze Publishing Psychonauts 2 Aug 9, 2017, 08:47 Parallax Abstraction

You're not wrong about Gearbox in general but as depressing as it is, Duke Nukem Forever sold well and made money for both Gearbox and 2K.

Parallax Abstraction
Podcast | YouTube | Mixer

12. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 9, 2017, 08:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

FPS with card based metagame? Theoretically this could be good, Hand of Fate is pretty damned awesome, and that was made with almost no budget, compared to what Gearbox will be able to spend.

Still, it's Gearbox, I'm sure they will put in annoying mechanics/loot boxes/excessive grinding/trash weapons/whatever and ruin it.

11. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 9, 2017, 02:29 El Pit

PvP and collectible cards? They should have called it Fail & Fail. Not even for free, Gearbox.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

10. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 9, 2017, 01:33 The Half Elf

Ok I got invited to the closed technical alpha/beta/whatever and I didn't even sign up for anything......  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemtion 2/Online, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and about 200 other games I've never fin

9. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 9, 2017, 01:00 ItBurn

Typically, companies stick to what they are good at (ie: borderlands)

Not gearbox.

Takes over failed game project Aliens Col Mariness... game bombs
Tries to jump into the moba and FPS genre at the same time with Battleborn... cant compete with the bigger games and bombs
Having not learned their lesson with Battleborn... they try again with their 1v1 project.

Meanwhile... Borderlands fans are like, "Um, gearbox, we have money, if you want it... just sayin"

To be fair, they've probably been also seriously working on Borderlands 3 for a year or two.

8. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 9, 2017, 00:51 Gadzooks

Typically, companies stick to what they are good at (ie: borderlands)

Not gearbox.

Takes over failed game project Aliens Col Mariness... game bombs
Tries to jump into the moba and FPS genre at the same time with Battleborn... cant compete with the bigger games and bombs
Having not learned their lesson with Battleborn... they try again with their 1v1 project.

Meanwhile... Borderlands fans are like, "Um, gearbox, we have money, if you want it... just sayin"

7. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 8, 2017, 23:21 rawbelly

Received the email. This is literally the complete opposite of what I would ever want in a video game. But thanks Gearbox!  

6. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 8, 2017, 22:40 Primalchrome

1. 1v1 Competitive Duel FPS
2. CCG mechanics
3. ?
4. Profit!!!

We all know that #3 is microtransactions.

5. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 8, 2017, 22:10 SlimRam

BORDERLANDS: ARENA!  

4. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 8, 2017, 22:08 RaZ0r!

Oh I got an email from Gearbox about a 1v...oops deleted.  

3. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 8, 2017, 22:03 ItBurn

I don't need the stress of 1v1 in my life. I also don't have much faith in Gearbox.  

2. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 8, 2017, 20:22 The Half Elf

"Since everyone is burned out on Borderlands, and our Borderlands 3 tech video didn't even nudge anyone awake, we need to put some sort of TOP SECRET announcement that is or is NOT in development"

1 v 1 strategy metagame with collectible cards. I'd say they are missing Zombies, WW2, Dinosaurs, and MOBA but they already tried the MOBA thing.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemtion 2/Online, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and about 200 other games I've never fin

1. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 8, 2017, 19:35 wtf_man

Thptptptptptptptptptpt.  

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo