Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

LawBreakers Released

Steam News announces that LawBreakers is now available on Steam offering a new first-person shooter from Boss Key Productions, lead by former Epic Games designer Cliff Bleszinski. This post admits this is supposed to go live tomorrow, calling this a soft launch, and saying you can still get preorder bonuses for the next day. The new video asks "are you skilled AF?" Here's word on the game:

What worked in other first-person shooters will get you merc’d. Legendary game designer Cliff Bleszinski and Boss Key Productions crafted a chaotic, frenetic, multiplayer FPS for skilled gamers who tire of kiddie-bumpered, on-the-rails "combat".

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 8, 2017, 23:45 Blahman

People bitching about the game without playing it are missing out. It's fantastic. And all of the game modes require teamwork to win, it's not just TDM.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 8, 2017, 13:09 PacoTaco

hey they finally finished Unreal Tournament good job Epic.  

12. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 8, 2017, 08:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks kinda interesting, in a frenzied DM way. I've been in more of a RPG mood though lately.

I'll check and see if any of my Battlefield/QWTF people are playing this though, maybe I'll get it at some point if the old crowd gets into it.

11. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 8, 2017, 07:30 ViRGE

Cutter wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 20:55:
Yeah, I'm really interested in a game that's marketed by 14 year olds to 14 year olds. Christ, this is worse than Romero making one his bitch. Rolleyes
Except that unlike Daikatana, his genuinely looks good. The problem with talking big is that you need to be able to back it up, which is something Romero could never hope to do.

10. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 8, 2017, 04:38 jdreyer

"It's like nothing I've ever played!"

So, uh, you've never played Unreal Tournament? Because it looks like it plays just like it to me.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

9. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 8, 2017, 03:28 Slick

woot! got VIP on my first match, I like this style of gameplay.

Feels a lot more polished than the alpha I tried well over a year ago, but still not %100 there yet. Still, for $30 it's priced right for what you get.

My only real gripe is the fucking UE4 engine, running on medium settings on a GTX 1080 and still can't max my frames... goddamn this engine fucking blows.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

8. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 8, 2017, 01:18 El Pit

Breaking the law!  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

7. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 7, 2017, 23:56 Linksil

I played the alpha and beta's.... I saw nothing like what's in the video too. Speed seemed a lot slower except in a few bursts of a few seconds. The low/no grav places felt clunky and most people avoided them. Still going to try some rounds of the full game, but def one of the hype machines getting carried away.  
Munching On: FF14 storyline, SAO PS4, Horizon.

6. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 7, 2017, 23:41 Overon

I played the game and some of those animations and moves are nothing I have seen in game. I don't think they are actually possible in game.  

5. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 7, 2017, 22:51 SlimRam

Nope.  

4. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 7, 2017, 22:43 eRe4s3r

I am #skilledAF, in NOT breaking the law. ^^  

3. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 7, 2017, 22:34 RedEye9

I wish i was 48 again, this looks intense.  

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

2. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 7, 2017, 22:23 KezClone

I'll freely admit this 45-year-old ass is NOT skilled AF. GET OFF MY LAWN!!  

1. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 7, 2017, 20:55 Cutter

Yeah, I'm really interested in a game that's marketed by 14 year olds to 14 year olds. Christ, this is worse than Romero making one his bitch. Rolleyes

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo