Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online

Perfect World Entertainment announces details about the upcoming Season 14 of Star Trek Online, their MMORPG based on the sci-fi franchise. Here is a Season 14 – Emergence official announce trailer highlighting some of what this will offer, including the participation of LeVar Burton, who returns to his role as Geordi La Forge, who has been promoted to captain somewhere along the way. This post has all the details, and here's an excerpt:

First and foremost, we are so happy to announce that LeVar Burton, who played Geordi La Forge on Star Trek: The Next Generation, is coming to Star Trek Online very soon. In fact, on September 12th, we’ll be releasing a brand new episode on PC (and soon after on console), “Beyond the Nexus,” that allows your captain to team up with Captain La Forge. You’ll investigate a distress call from a Galaxy-class ship whose crew is being controlled by a mysterious energy source.

Not only that, but that adventure will take place in a brand new, fully remodeled Galaxy interior. Our environment artists have lovingly recreated the home of the cast from The Next Generation, and we can’t wait for you to see it. We’ll also have server-wide giveaways of the TNG Skant Uniform and the Type 7 Shuttle to celebrate the anniversary of this landmark television show.

Settle in, because the journey with Captain La Forge is not over. He’ll return in Season 14: Emergence in October, and star in our brand new featured episode, “Melting Pot.” Kipleigh Brown returns to STO as Captain Kuumaarke, and she and Geordi will accompany your captain to a new colony world. The Lukari and the Kentari are attempting something new, living together in harmony as one people, and Geordi is integral to the development of this new colony world. You'll arrive just in time, and what starts as a simple tour will evolve into a pitched battle for the colony's very survival.

Want to see the trailer for that? We thought you might:

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 5, 2017, 15:32 jdreyer

ViRGE wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 06:01:
We’ll also have server-wide giveaways of the TNG Skant Uniform
They put the skant in the game?! Why?! Wall

What's wrong with the scant uniform?

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 4, 2017, 18:17 Nucas

jdreyer wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 03:10:
Full stop. How is that even possible? Did you grow up in a cave raised by wolves?

i mostly watched the discovery channel growing up, never any syndicated tv. but even when i was a kid i thought star trek was cheesy as fuck and never actually wanted to watch it.

even after knocking out voyager and five seasons of deep space nine, i still find star trek often requires its own special kind of suspension of disbelief that can become tiring. but it's been a good enough time that i'd like to see more stories in the universe. star trek online looks to be about where and when i wish that new show was set.

12. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 4, 2017, 16:19 Armengar

jdreyer wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 03:10:
Nucas wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 20:43:
i just watched a bunch of star trek for the first time recently

Full stop. How is that even possible? Did you grow up in a cave raised by wolves?

Remeber that star trek is OLD. My teenage kids have started watching TNG recently and they had never seen star trek before.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

11. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 4, 2017, 16:18 Armengar

I disagree. I bought a ship for a few pounds and thats it. There is tons of free stuff if PVE is good enough for you. Pay2win only hits if you want to PVP. I have about 200 hours in and ive still not unlocked all the missions. I havent found any grind tbh so im not sure what you mean by grind.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

10. No subject Aug 4, 2017, 10:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Jivaro wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 08:26:
Despite it's many flaws, I find this game to be fairly entertaining in bursts. I have no idea what "endgame" or guild content is like but leveling up and Foundry stuff was fun.

End game is pretty much like any other MMO. Grind for lewt. Though in some cases it's pay2win lewt.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 4, 2017, 08:26 Jivaro

Despite it's many flaws, I find this game to be fairly entertaining in bursts. I have no idea what "endgame" or guild content is like but leveling up and Foundry stuff was fun.  

8. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 4, 2017, 06:01 ViRGE

We’ll also have server-wide giveaways of the TNG Skant Uniform
They put the skant in the game?! Why?! Wall

7. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 4, 2017, 03:10 jdreyer

Nucas wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 20:43:
i just watched a bunch of star trek for the first time recently

Stay a while, and listen.

6. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 4, 2017, 00:01 Ozmodan

Gib007 wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 21:17:
The ground combat on this MMO is really bland and I feel it needs a major graphics and mechanics overhaul, but still, it's OK and if you're a Star Trek fan, you go with it. The space combat however, is a lot of fun! Definitely the highlight of the game for me.

Huh? Your assessment of the ground combat is correct, but space combat is horrible!!!! How you can find any fun in that is beyond me!

5. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 3, 2017, 23:58 Ozmodan

Can't believe a game this bad is still running.

4. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 3, 2017, 21:23 The Half Elf

Hopefully they get a new voice coach, because all of the people from the shows sound like they are bored and stuck in a closet.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

3. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 3, 2017, 21:17 Gib007

The ground combat on this MMO is really bland and I feel it needs a major graphics and mechanics overhaul, but still, it's OK and if you're a Star Trek fan, you go with it. The space combat however, is a lot of fun! Definitely the highlight of the game for me.  

2. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 3, 2017, 20:52 Bill Borre

Anybody know if there's some printed documentation for using the Foundry either for this game or Neverwinter ala the Prima guides? I've tried looking online and am surprised I've been unable to locate any.  

1. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 3, 2017, 20:43 Nucas

i just watched a bunch of star trek for the first time recently and was thinking of giving this a try, considering the dearth of star trek video games unless you literally go back to the 90s; all the others are only available used on CD.

i also like that it's set in the future of star trek instead of further excavating the past.

downside: it's an mmo.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo