Tacoma Released

Steam News announces the release of Tacoma, the narrative sci-fi adventure set aboard a space-bound Toyota pickup truck. Here's the description from the game's Steam page:
Tacoma is a narrative adventure set aboard a high-tech space station in the year 2088. As you go about your mission, you’ll explore every detail of how the station’s crew lived and worked, finding the clues that add up to a gripping story of trust, fear, and resolve in the face of disaster.

At the heart of Tacoma is the facility’s digital surveillance system, which has captured 3D recordings of pivotal moments in the crew’s life on the station. As you explore, echoes of these captured moments surround you. You’ll use your ability to rewind, fast-forward, and move through the physical space of these complex, interwoven scenes to examine events from every angle, reconstructing the multi-layered narrative as you explore.

Tacoma is the next game from the creators of Gone Home, and carries on that tradition of detailed, immersive, and powerful storytelling, while pulling players deeper into the narrative than ever before.
View : : :
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Tacoma Released
Aug 4, 2017, 03:27
Flo
Re: Tacoma Released Aug 4, 2017, 03:27
Aug 4, 2017, 03:27
Flo

I finished it yesterday in under 3 hours. It ended just about the same time I started to enjoy the plot. You are basically hunting for pre-recorded wireframe scenes to progress the AI data upload. You can find out more about the central plot through "pixel hunting" for keys or passcodes to unlock some more scenes and data. Overall, I was pretty disappointed since I enjoyed Gone Home quite a bit.
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

Aug 3, 2017, 11:56
Re: Tacoma Released Aug 3, 2017, 11:56
Aug 3, 2017, 11:56

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 15:58:
Wesp5 wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 10:21:
And another walking simulator where you only observe and to not act or interact with NPCs. For a good story I rather read a book or watch a movie if there is little I can actually do in the game world anyway...

It's by the same people as Gone Home, so expect the usual suspects in the games media (their friends, sexual partners, and allies) to lose their minds praising the "game."

Amusingly enough, the same people who adamantly declare that we should be open to all kinds of people, regardless of their physical, ethnic, gender characteristics, that diversity is our strength, etc., operate as a narrow little clique. If someone outside the clique published a walking simulator of comparable quality (or even something with actual game mechanics... see "House Party

Aaaaannnd that's where you lost me.

I almost spontaniously turned into a feminazi when I saw reviews of that game.

Aug 3, 2017, 03:25
Re: Tacoma Released Aug 3, 2017, 03:25
Aug 3, 2017, 03:25

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 17:52:
And as for good AI, please give a few examples of what you consider 'good AI'.

I know it's not really good AI, but in my favorite game VTM Bloodlines you can just stroll around and talk to some NPCs and other NPCs just move around and do their own things. Makes the world feel alive! The HL series is another great example for peaceful and enemy AI and so is The Dark Mod, which even is a fan project. So I really get annoyed by all these indie game where everyone has always vanished ;)...

Aug 2, 2017, 22:33
Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 22:33
Aug 2, 2017, 22:33

I liked Gone Home. I thought the atmosphere was creepy and the story went in a direction I didn't expect. If this gets good reviews I'll pick it up.
'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? - GC

Aug 2, 2017, 19:01
Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 19:01
Aug 2, 2017, 19:01

It's not Tacoma unless it involves scoring smack on Portland Ave at midnight

Aug 2, 2017, 17:52
Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 17:52
Aug 2, 2017, 17:52

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 16:58:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 10:58:
I told them to make a zombie survival moba, didn't listen.

Well, there are enough of those around as well :)!

Something about they want to make the game they want to.

Or maybe make the game they can without too much effort, because good AI is oooh so difficult and probably not included with Unity or Unreal! I think most of these story-driven indie games have all other people always gone before the game starts. Yeah, probably because all of them like big empty worlds...

Good AI is more then just coding. And as for good AI, please give a few examples of what you consider 'good AI'.

Aug 2, 2017, 16:58
Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 16:58
Aug 2, 2017, 16:58

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 10:58:
I told them to make a zombie survival moba, didn't listen.

Well, there are enough of those around as well :)!

Something about they want to make the game they want to.

Or maybe make the game they can without too much effort, because good AI is oooh so difficult and probably not included with Unity or Unreal! I think most of these story-driven indie games have all other people always gone before the game starts. Yeah, probably because all of them like big empty worlds...

Aug 2, 2017, 15:58
Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 15:58
Aug 2, 2017, 15:58

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 10:21:
And another walking simulator where you only observe and to not act or interact with NPCs. For a good story I rather read a book or watch a movie if there is little I can actually do in the game world anyway...

It's by the same people as Gone Home, so expect the usual suspects in the games media (their friends, sexual partners, and allies) to lose their minds praising the "game."

Amusingly enough, the same people who adamantly declare that we should be open to all kinds of people, regardless of their physical, ethnic, gender characteristics, that diversity is our strength, etc., operate as a narrow little clique. If someone outside the clique published a walking simulator of comparable quality (or even something with actual game mechanics... see "House Party"), they'd be waiting with bated breath to tear it apart (especially if it had boobies in it!). So, despite all the rhetoric, the great defenders of "diversity" in games are still just motivated by protecting the "in" group (their friends). Kek manifests in mysterious ways... (Blues needs a good Pepe smiley)

Aug 2, 2017, 11:17
Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 11:17
Aug 2, 2017, 11:17

This is a post of me wasting time and space talking about a game I don't want to play in a genre I don't want to play, and a game I won' spend money on.

I am going to state how much I rather do other things then play this game because it's not the game I paid to develope, designed, or spent time on.

/sarcasm

Aug 2, 2017, 10:58
Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 10:58
Aug 2, 2017, 10:58

I'll take it that isn't a sale for you then.

I told them to make a zombie survival moba, didn't listen. Something about they want to make the game they want to. Millennials...

I was wondering if they took the sandwich into space?

Aug 2, 2017, 10:21
Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 10:21
Aug 2, 2017, 10:21

Aug 2, 2017, 10:05
Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 10:05
Aug 2, 2017, 10:05

Tacoma is also the ghetto of Seattle. I don't even like going there. I don't know if I could sit through a game that's constantly reminding me of it.
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older