Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month

Black Lab Games announces an August 31st release date for Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, the upcoming space combat strategy game based on the second version of the sci-fi series. The news is accompanied by a new battle trailer showing off gameplay. The clip kicks off with this explanation of how it was captured, saying, "this video was entirely produced with the autocam replay feature included in the game."

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 3, 2017, 08:13 Darks

Bub wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 07:39:
It tells me whoever actually coded this, has a fleeting grasp of BSG.

• New Galactica vs old style 70s toaster starbases

• No flack screens

• Fewer fighters on screen than Xwing vs Tie Fighter

• Capital ships that completely vaporize after a few hits with no discernible previous damage

• I have seen way better BSG portrayals in player created mods for various old school space sims.

Both eras of Battlestars and Base Stars are in the game and can be used for any battle. thats not the issue. The ships looks good. its the game play thats flawed.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
    Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 3, 2017, 07:39 Bub

It tells me whoever actually coded this, has a fleeting grasp of BSG.

• New Galactica vs old style 70s toaster starbases

• No flack screens

• Fewer fighters on screen than Xwing vs Tie Fighter

• Capital ships that completely vaporize after a few hits with no discernible previous damage

• I have seen way better BSG portrayals in player created mods for various old school space sims.

==================================================
    Bubb Stubbley
    ... I miss BBS..
    "There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
    ==================================================

12. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 3, 2017, 07:23 Burrito of Peace

Eh, I dig it. I'll be buying it. This looks like the type of game I can pick up and put down at leisure.  

11. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 3, 2017, 05:37 Muscular Beaver

Timmeh wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 17:06:
    ooooooooook...

I just watched the video... honestly...

WTF are you people talking about?

Not even one single thing you people are bitching about is true of this video. The Battlestar moves like a Battlestar not a viper. there was no texture flickering. there was a couple spots where a blinking light gave than impression... but it was a BLINKINKING LIGHT not the entire video like you people are making it sound like.

Blues posters are almost always so COMPLETELY FULL OF SHIT.

just.. @#$*ing dude... *sigh*
    #1 Get your eyes checked.
    #2 Get glasses.
    #3 Get a chill pill.
    #4 Dont choke on it.
    #5 Watch the trailer again (with your new glasses).
    #6 Apologize or just scurry away silently.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

10. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 3, 2017, 00:00 Prez

Maybe I'm weird but I like it.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
    - Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 2, 2017, 23:38 Darks

ooooooooook...

Not even one single thing you people are bitching about is true of this video. The Battlestar moves like a Battlestar not a viper. there was no texture flickering. there was a couple spots where a blinking light gave than impression... but it was a BLINKINKING LIGHT not the entire video like you people are making it sound like.

Hey jerk-wad, Im actually on the beta. and I can tell you without a doubt. the comments here are spot on. so piss off if you dont like it.

8. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 2, 2017, 22:28 eRe4s3r

DarkCntry wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 19:22:
    I saw the shadow flickers, but honestly that's small fries and probably something that's a fairly simple fix...

I also didn't see these supposed Viper-agile Battlestars, I did see one instance of an animation that had a jitter while the Battlestar was changing direction at about 1:32, but I don't think that's indicative of super-agile capital ships.

That said, I had hoped that this game would be closer to Black Labs' previous game, Star Hammer, in style, but it doesn't appear to be.

The game is basically a Flotilla (Steam) clone

Which means the auto-cam they showed from the replay was piecing together turns, yes, literally turns, where ships could "jump" from going somewhere to suddenly turning starkly or whatever... when I saw this in a let's play I was kinda put off tbh.

Because where Flotilla has a neat element (shots simulated and all that) this is just a really cheap varation with a lot less style, and a lot more low quality graphics... where is the FLAK screen? Where are the hundreds or thousands of raiders? Where are the nuke explosions?

Entire trailer is kinda "meh" as well... too bad really, BSG deserves some quality game for once... but this one focuses on turn based fleet command instead of the epic battles you'd expect after the most recent show...

Also I find it amazing that in the year 2017 there are still developers that manage to make space combat look kinda boring.. after the Expanse put realistic space-combat on the radar there there is really no excuse, after having seen that show, this trailer looked like the re-enactment of a combat scene by pre-schoolers.

7. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 2, 2017, 19:22 DarkCntry

I saw the shadow flickers, but honestly that's small fries and probably something that's a fairly simple fix...

I also didn't see these supposed Viper-agile Battlestars, I did see one instance of an animation that had a jitter while the Battlestar was changing direction at about 1:32, but I don't think that's indicative of super-agile capital ships.

That said, I had hoped that this game would be closer to Black Labs' previous game, Star Hammer, in style, but it doesn't appear to be.

6. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 2, 2017, 19:11 SlimRam

Yep, we're ALL "full of shit". Sounds like you need to find a new gaming website. See you later.

(You DO realize that when you make these sweeping generalizations for this site you're literally talking about everyone that has ever posted here, right? I don't know about the other thousands of people who have ever commented on this site but me personally, I don't appreciate the implication).

5. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 2, 2017, 17:06 Timmeh

ooooooooook...

4. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 2, 2017, 16:43 Darks

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 13:58:
    Meh. Graphics from 2005, flickering textures, Battlestars that are as agile as a Viper, jerky controls... No thanks.

Yea, its pretty bad when a mod for Sins of the Solar Empire is better then this crap.

3. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 2, 2017, 13:58 Muscular Beaver

Meh. Graphics from 2005, flickering textures, Battlestars that are as agile as a Viper, jerky controls... No thanks.  

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

2. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 2, 2017, 12:07 Darks

Creston wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 11:34:
    Lots of terrible screen flickering on textures in that video. That does not bode well for something that's going to be out in 4 weeks.

Still, it looks pretty.

I can say is the game is not what I was hoping it would be.

1. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 2, 2017, 11:34 Creston

Lots of terrible screen flickering on textures in that video. That does not bode well for something that's going to be out in 4 weeks.

Still, it looks pretty.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo