For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers

Ubisoft announces a new For Honor development schedule, outlining improvements planned for the game in updates that come over the remainder of this year. They will be adding dedicated servers to the hack and slash game along with a new duel tournament mode, a new training mode, balance updates, and more. Here's the plan:
Today, Ubisoft® announced the For Honor® development schedule which details a steady rollout of new content releases and improvements to the overall game experience through the rest of the calendar year and leading into 2018. The schedule is headlined by two seasons launching in 2017, alongside plans to introduce dedicated servers further down the road. In addition to major releases, For Honor will continue to evolve through regular gameplay updates which take into account community feedback.

For Honor’s development schedule includes:

• Dedicated Servers – The development team at Ubisoft Montreal is currently working on a dedicated server infrastructure. In conjunction to the dedicated server implementation, enhancing peer-to-peer stability and matchmaking remain priorities for the team.
  • Two New Seasons – In August and November, For Honor will receive new season updates, introducing adjustments to the way players fight on the battlefield. Content from each of these seasons includes new heroes, maps, gear variations, gameplay updates and more. All season pass owners will receive early access for the new heroes released during the season. Further details will be revealed at a later date.
  • New Game Features – Competitive play with a duel tournament feature and ranked 4v4 matches, as well as a brand-new 4v4 PvP game mode, will be added to For Honor in the coming months.
  • New Training Mode – A more robust training option for both new and veteran players to hone their skills before heading to the battlefield.
  • Global Balancing Updates – Building on the updates since launch, For Honor will receive more changes aimed at balancing heroes and game modes. Some of these changes will improve elements of the fight system to make attacking more advantageous while putting more pressure on defense. All these changes will be tested via public test environments on PC with the first test starting today.

These upcoming changes build on over five months of post-launch support which includes multiple updates, enhancing player experiences and new content launches. This support will continue through the development schedule as For Honor receives updates on gameplay features, balance, performance and network stability.

“Since launch, our team has worked diligently to identify and correct issues that were not apparent with our testing and live phases,” said Roman Campos-Oriola, creative director of For Honor. “The For Honor roadmap is how we plan to build a stronger game through elements like dedicated servers. We are committed to our players and look to offer long-term support for the game.”

View : : :
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers
Jul 29, 2017, 04:32
Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 29, 2017, 04:32
Jul 29, 2017, 04:32

Kxmode wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 17:26:
The development team at Ubisoft Montreal is currently working on a dedicated server infrastructure.

Wow. I'm no game developer but it seems like that should have been included in development before launch.

Even better, if they really mean to add this now, that would be like literally making a new game. Nearly everything has to be recoded for dedicated servers. The entire client/server architecture, all triggers, syncing. This is a 6+ month affair... bit surprising they put that effort into a dying whale of a game.. but at least it means they have it done for future games....

Jul 28, 2017, 17:28
Kxmode

Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 17:28
Jul 28, 2017, 17:28
 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 09:47:
There's one game I just cannot stop to hate, and it's For Honor. What an immense pile of fucking shite, this is!

You should try No Man's Sky.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Jul 28, 2017, 17:26
Kxmode

Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 17:26
Jul 28, 2017, 17:26
 Kxmode

The development team at Ubisoft Montreal is currently working on a dedicated server infrastructure.

Wow. I'm no game developer but it seems like that should have been included in development before launch.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Jul 28, 2017, 10:58
Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 10:58
Jul 28, 2017, 10:58

Creston wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 09:22:
Your shitty multiplayer infrastructure was not apparent with your testing? Methinks you should rephrase that sentence to "correct issues that were not apparent with a cursory glance, as we did no testing whatsoever."
They did test. But the test results were ignored, fixes were deemed to costly and the cheaper to implement P2P protocol was greenlit.

When an AAA game suffers from massive technical problems, QA did their job. QA does always the job they are supposed to do. But QA cant do a damn thing, when producers (or someone else in the management chain high enough) decide to cut corners to keep a specific release date or a budget threshold.

Regards, a former QA underling

Jul 28, 2017, 09:50
Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 09:50
Jul 28, 2017, 09:50

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 01:05:
The real problem of "for honor" is and remains the fact that I could be playing Mount and Blade instead.... and command armies, do quests, become king.

For Honor is like 10% of Mount and Blade, very polished, very smooth combat, but also very formulaic and stone-beats-paper style combat.. I didn't like it at all. The combat is basically a fancy quicktime event.

Blues, when are you gonna implement a Like button?
"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

Jul 28, 2017, 09:47
Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 09:47
Jul 28, 2017, 09:47

There's one game I just cannot stop to hate, and it's For Honor. What an immense pile of fucking shite, this is! And like a 12 year old idiot, it pisses me off that other people somehow seem to like it XD
"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

Jul 28, 2017, 09:40
Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 09:40
Jul 28, 2017, 09:40

Creston wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 09:22:
our team has worked diligently to identify and correct issues that were not apparent with our testing and live phases

Your shitty multiplayer infrastructure was not apparent with your testing? Methinks you should rephrase that sentence to "correct issues that were not apparent with a cursory glance, as we did no testing whatsoever."

were not apparent cause we could not be arsed listening to our player base. shame really, mechanically i really like the game.
Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

Jul 28, 2017, 09:22
Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 09:22
Jul 28, 2017, 09:22

our team has worked diligently to identify and correct issues that were not apparent with our testing and live phases

Jul 28, 2017, 08:51
Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 08:51
Jul 28, 2017, 08:51

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 06:55:
Theo wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 06:22:
The real problem of "for honor" is and remains the fact that I could be playing Mount and Blade instead.... and command armies, do quests, become king.

For Honor is like 10% of Mount and Blade, very polished, very smooth combat, but also very formulaic and stone-beats-paper style combat.. I didn't like it at all. The combat is basically a fancy quicktime event.

I dont get the comparison.

one of these games is a multiplayer object game with medieval combat. The other one is a single player action rpg type game with medival combat.

its like saying that Injustice is the same as Batman: Arkham Knight.

But even so I can easily compare the combat between the 2... 1v1 combat in Mount and Blade MP (a thing since Warband AFAIK) is pretty intense, and a lot less quicktime event feeling than For Honor.

ohhh shit, in all honesty mate i didnt realise it had multiplayer thesedays, i shall shutup - sorry for being miss informed.

Jul 28, 2017, 06:55
Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 06:55
Jul 28, 2017, 06:55

Theo wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 06:22:

one of these games is a multiplayer object game with medieval combat. The other one is a single player action rpg type game with medival combat.

But even so I can easily compare the combat between the 2... 1v1 combat in Mount and Blade MP (a thing since Warband AFAIK) is pretty intense, and a lot less quicktime event feeling than For Honor.

Jul 28, 2017, 06:22
Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 06:22
Jul 28, 2017, 06:22

Jul 28, 2017, 01:05
Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 01:05
Jul 28, 2017, 01:05

Jul 27, 2017, 20:18
Prez

Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 27, 2017, 20:18
Jul 27, 2017, 20:18
 Prez

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 18:14:
Too little too late. Most of the playerbase has already uninstalled.

I never get the too little too late argument. If a boatload of people left the game because peer-to-peer sucks, then isn't it conceivable that many of them will come back? They already plunked down at least $60 on the game - how hard is re-installing? I know that I am more interested now.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Jul 27, 2017, 18:14
Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 27, 2017, 18:14
Jul 27, 2017, 18:14

Too little too late. Most of the playerbase has already uninstalled.

Jul 27, 2017, 17:39
Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 27, 2017, 17:39
Jul 27, 2017, 17:39

This stuff should have been in the game at launch. Ubisoft was soooo confident that this game was going to be bigly huge and be the next big eSport sensation. I guess after losing almost their entire playerbase, Ubisoft finally realizes they were dead wrong and they just got too greedy and were too cheap (e.g. no dedicated servers). The ONLY reason they are trying to do CPR on this game is to try to sucker people back in to push microtransactions.
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older