Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2017, 09:37 eRe4s3r

Bub wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 07:46:
I find it truly amazing that other online players like Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc. have not caught on to this microtransaction gambling scam.

These games are getting tons of cash by selling chances to get some fluff.

Amazon could do it too except substitute chances for x,y or z actual products, ie, make it $2.50 a chance, for a $15.00 actual product, with the hidden odds at something like 10 to 1.

Pretty sure it's been ruled absolutely illegal for physical products *randomized sales* that is, you can still sell a mystery box, you just have to make sure everyone gets the same box... because if 2 people work together and notice differences, they can literally pwn your entire economic future.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2017, 07:46 Bub

I find it truly amazing that other online players like Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc. have not caught on to this microtransaction gambling scam.

These games are getting tons of cash by selling chances to get some fluff.

Amazon could do it too except substitute chances for x,y or z actual products, ie, make it $2.50 a chance, for a $15.00 actual product, with the hidden odds at something like 10 to 1.

==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================

6. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2017, 02:50 jdreyer

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 18:18:
Seeing as how wildly successful PUBG has become I can see why the developer would want to introduce loot crates in spite of what he's said since that's a lot of potential cash left on the table. I also suspect that PUBG will pull an ARK and double the cost of the game when, if ever, it gets a retail release.

It's a shitty thing to do, to be sure, but if I were in his shoes I'd probably do the same thing since I like money.

Kind of partial to DeVito's "Everybody likes money, that's why they call it money" myself.

Stay a while, and listen.

5. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2017, 02:23 jdreyer

Frijoles wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 10:37:
House Party, Sexy 3D Game Removed From Steam Due To Complaints…

Leave the shit games because reasons. Get rid of the pixel titty game because other reasons. Maybe they could just create a filter for adult content and have it default to on. Nah, too much work.

There is an age verification system in place already...

Stay a while, and listen.

4. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2017, 18:18 Wallshadows

Seeing as how wildly successful PUBG has become I can see why the developer would want to introduce loot crates in spite of what he's said since that's a lot of potential cash left on the table. I also suspect that PUBG will pull an ARK and double the cost of the game when, if ever, it gets a retail release.

It's a shitty thing to do, to be sure, but if I were in his shoes I'd probably do the same thing since I like money.

3. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2017, 14:16 Orogogus

From the article and just the title, it seems to me that House Party got axed because people complained, the same way that comments violating the rules usually get removed on Blue's boards when they get reported, not because they're necessarily the most egregious violations. Of course, people have been whining about double standards here for forever, too.

As for copyright violations -- you can violate copyright as long as the IP holder doesn't sue you. Witness Hasbro's extraordinarily lenient attitude towards third party Transformers toys.

2. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2017, 11:01 eRe4s3r

Frijoles wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 10:37:

Leave the shit games because reasons. Get rid of the pixel titty game because other reasons. Maybe they could just create a filter for adult content and have it default to on. Nah, too much work.

Considering steam leaves actual asset flips on the store for eternity, takes months to respond to CLEAR copyright violations... it's actually not surprising that we get to see more and more of steams absurd double standards.

1. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2017, 10:37 Frijoles

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo