Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MS on PC Gaming

There's an interview on PCGamesN where Microsoft once again expresses their alleged love for PC gamers, talking about Windows 10, remasters of older MS PC games, and their Play Anywhere program. Mike Ybarra, president for Windows and Xbox gaming, tells them they want to make Windows 10 "the best operating system for gamers," talking about non-Win10 specific features like support for 21:9 resolution, SLI, and AMD Crossfire. Adam Isgreen is the creative director at Microsoft Studios Publishing where they are working on an Age of Empires remaster, and he tells them: "We want to treat PC like a first-class citizen." It's hard not to be cynical about this, as they've hyped PC gamers with similar raps in the past, but have never shown a lot of substantial results. And frankly, saying you want to make Windows 10 the best gaming OS seems an admission that it isn't already, and wanting to treat PC like a first-class citizen suggests that it has gotten second-class treatment in the past.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 29, 2017, 12:31 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 03:58:
Cutter wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 11:34:
Blue wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 08:23:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 22:46:
'derp.'

I am calling for a retirement of the "humorous" allusions to domestic violence that these stories inspire.
derp doubled down.

You really can be a douchecanoe sometimes.
He's more like a douchenozzle.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2017, 17:55 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 03:58:
'I promise I won't hit you no more, baby. Trust me, honey.'

I am calling for a retirement of the "humorous" allusions to domestic violence that these stories inspire.

Noted and rejected.

Sometimes?! Inquisitive

He just told the owner and purveyor of this site he spends 90% of his social life on to basically go fuck himself in relation to jokes about physical abuse. If that's not a bannable offense, considering the other outlandish and morally reprehensible things that's come out of his (virtual) mouth, I really don't know what is.

=-Rigs-=

'But what does 'optional' mean?! It's video games, playing them at all is 'optional'! Sticking a broom handle up your ass is 'optional', doesn't mean I wouldn't really like to do it!' -Yahtzee

39. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 28, 2017, 10:33 Avus

Microsoft love PC gamers.... but most MS new games don't work on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. These are not OS that made by other company (like OSX). These OS are not obsolete yet (like Windows XP/Vista). While almost all new games from others companies/sellers like EA (Origin), Ubisoft (Uplay), GoG, Humblebundle, Greenmangaming and STEAM (some games you buy from Steam even support MS Window(S) + Linux + Mac) can play games on PC with older (but still officially supported) Windows.

I still remember when I tried to download Gear of Wars 4 from Windows Store I can't because my Windows 10 version is not support!! WTF after gaming on PC for 30+ years I still need to deal with this?

Microsoft "want to treat PC like a first-class citizen". PC with Windows 7-8.1 definitely are some third world citizen from the eye of M$. Remaster a TWO DECADES old game is their way to say MS treat PC gamers well.

Making a big deal about support 21:9, SLI, Crossfire... really?? Are we in 2004??

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

38. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 28, 2017, 03:58 jdreyer

Noted and rejected.

Stay a while, and listen.

37. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 20:21 Nucas

Verno wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 14:00:

Noted and rejected.

We need more stick and less carrot around here for chuckleheads like you.

now now, let him mouth off and feel defiant before he whimpers and complies.

36. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 19:14 Fletch

Alamar wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 10:25:
Pretty sure most of those aspects of 'consolitis' were first seen in PC games... ; )
Since most of those are concessions for console controllers, gotta disagree. They aren't non-existent on PC, but they are most definitely and primarily attributes of console games and their ports. Regardless, a consolitis rant wasn't my intention (believe it or not).

I was commenting on Microsoft's duplicity in their public declaration of devotion to PC gaming. It reeks of horseshit. Guess I went off on a little tangent.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2017, 07:36.

35. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 16:18  Blue 

Noted and rejected.

It wasn't a request.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

34. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 14:00 Verno

Noted and rejected.

We need more stick and less carrot around here for chuckleheads like you.

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

33. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 13:48 Kxmode

Agreed.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

32. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 12:51 Flak

Fuck Microsoft, 'nuff said.  

31. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 12:47 CJ_Parker

Well, at least they are honest about treating us like lepers ever since 2001. To see reason is the first step on the path to enlightenment. Now deeds must follow just like all these years before when they said similar stuff but I'm not getting my hopes up. DirectX 12 was a fad and there is absolutely nothing PC-exclusive that MS is doing that is really playing to the strengths of our beloved PCMR platform.

Lame remasters of ancient classics? Seriously, MS? Also, Freelancer/Starlancer are still MIA from GOG. Even the most simple stuff like releasing their classic back catalogue on modern digital platforms is too hard for these clowns.

Instead they are in full on XboneX hype mode, still desperately trying to win a console war which they have lost all these years back at E3 2014 or whenever they had that catastrophic reveal of an always online Xbone with forced Kinect, spycam, eavesdropping and all that crap.

OK, they have brought all these spying features to PCs via Windows 10 in the meantime so maybe that is what they mean by "love for PC gamers". We're supposed to be grateful that they have now delivered to us the features that were supposed to be in the original Xbone design.

30. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 12:33 Slashman

ItBurn wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 12:26:
Every year since the xbox has been introduced, Microsoft has vomited these lies while consistently doings things that are against the interest of PC gamers. I've seen it happen and I remember.

Yeah but did it REEEEAAAALLLLY happen? Maybe you didn't realize all of the good stuff they actually did. Like that time when.............

Wow, OK I got nothin'.

29. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 12:26 ItBurn

Every year since the xbox has been introduced, Microsoft has vomited these lies while consistently doings things that are against the interest of PC gamers. I've seen it happen and I remember.  

28. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 11:34 Cutter

Noted and rejected.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

27. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 10:25 Alamar

Fletch wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 05:35:
It’s all part of a “multi-pronged strategy,” according to director of Xbox marketing Kevin Unangst, to make their Windows 10/Xbox environment the best place to play games on PC.

Director of Xbox marketing... ok. The PC is already the best platform to play games. This sounds more like making the PC (well, Windows 10) a more Xbox-compatible platform for game development, and trying to assuage PC gamers by, yet again, dangling graphics features that do nothing to address the gameplay that makes console gaming so shit (and... it's the gameplay, stupid). Graphics are the first, and usually only, aspect that multi-platform developers champion to camouflage the fact that their console port is an inferior PC game. It's amazing to me, and frustrating, how many PC gamers will fawn over support for higher resolutions that take advantage of their $500 video card, but are just fine with the radial U/I, heavily-nested menus, do-everything "action" buttons, over-the-shoulder or third-person perspective, hide-n-heal, limited keyboard and/or mouse configurability, limited multiplayer compatibility, QTEs, endless, lengthy cutscenes, limited save system, and the convenient existence every ten feet of impenetrable, belly-high barricades, trashcans, crates, planters, abandoned cars, desks, and railings to which humans can attach like refrigerator magnets.

Pretty sure most of those aspects of 'consolitis' were first seen in PC games... ; )

26. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 09:08 wtf_man

Sempai wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 00:33:
BLAH BLAH BLAH..BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH... -Microsoft

Burrrp... -Me

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

25. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 08:49 Mr. Tact

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 22:10:
Halo 1 and 2 were on PC.
Halo 1 was effectively completed prior to when Microsoft bought Bungie. They however do get credit for making 2 available on the PC.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

24. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 08:23  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

23. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 08:17 Darks

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 23:05:
Darks wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 22:52:
OK, MS, lets see you remaster Dungeon Siege and make it compatible with Win 10. Whats that you say? yea thats what I though!

Darks, you still doing any modding?

Larian is looking for accomplished modders to send to their studio overseas to test out their new editor for DOS2, to get feedback from those that have done it...

I do, and I have used their editor. I believe they did something like this with the previous game too.

Thanks for the info, Ill definitely check it out.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

22. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 07:54 Redmask

Oh boy yet another Age of Empires remaster. I'm really feeling the fuckin love over here Rolleyes

I will give Microsoft credit for Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4. I bought them for Windows and got free copies on the Xbox One. Is it perfect? Hell no, but considering how long Microsoft has been dangling a carrot for PC gamers you have to admit it's a pretty good start

No it fucking isn't. Is this the kind of crap you're conditioned to think is good nowadays? A few Windows Store ports that had numerous problems. Yeah thanks for doing us a favor Rolleyes

Here's a 'good start'. Making some PC exclusive titles that aren't shovelware. The Windows Store sucks balls and no one uses it so release your games elsewhere. No really no one fucking uses that terrible shit. I got a game for free with my videocard and shittastic windows store couldn't even manage to download and install it correctly. Release all of the console exclusives, wait 6 months or something if you really need to make the console users feel special.

That would be a good start and only just a start.

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo