Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Abandon Ship Kraken Trailer

Release the Kraken! Or at least the Kraken trailer from Abandon Ship, which shows off a sea monster encounter in the upcoming sailing ship game. The description is short: "In the latest Abandon Ship video we learn about the Cult of Haliphron. The Cult worship ancient sea monsters and are intent on world domination."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jul 22, 2017, 01:23 Midnight

Stormsinger wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 18:48:
I'll give them credit for posting a trailer from inside the game engine. At the same time, I have to wonder what they were thinking posting something that looks so amateurish. It looks like something from the 90s.

I was playing pirate games in the 90s, and I could only dream of games that looked half as good as this does.

http://www.crimsondark.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jul 21, 2017, 20:49 Stormsinger

jdreyer wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 20:23:
I'll give them credit for posting a trailer from inside the game engine. At the same time, I have to wonder what they were thinking posting something that looks so amateurish. It looks like something from the 90s.

You read the part I wrote that said "small independent dev team of like 5 people" right?
Sure, I saw that. But that doesn't change the quality of the art, nor does it remove the effect that artwork has on the reception of a game. Like it or not, graphics -do- matter.

6. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jul 21, 2017, 20:23 jdreyer

You read the part I wrote that said "small independent dev team of like 5 people" right?

Stay a while, and listen.

5. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jul 21, 2017, 18:48 Stormsinger

4. Re: Abandon Ship Kraken Trailer Jul 21, 2017, 17:05 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 14:56:
This looks extremely awesome... now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Is it going to be Microtransactions? Online Only? What? What will they do to ruin the game!?!?

None of that, but I heard last week they're making it always online with MOBA elements.

Actually Fireblade is a small independent dev team of like 5 people. So just like FTL I've heard it will be a standalone game, probably $20 at launch.

3. Re: Abandon Ship Kraken Trailer Jul 21, 2017, 14:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks extremely awesome... now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Is it going to be Microtransactions? Online Only? What? What will they do to ruin the game!?!?

2. Re: Abandon Ship Kraken Trailer Jul 21, 2017, 14:18 jdreyer

Fion wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 13:59:
So this is a an FTL style pirate game? Cool.

That's exactly right. Looking forward to this.

1. Re: Abandon Ship Kraken Trailer Jul 21, 2017, 13:59 Fion

So this is a an FTL style pirate game? Cool.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo