Enter the Gungeon Sells 1M

This tweet reveals Enter the Gungeon has entered the elite category of million-selling games (thanks Gamasutra). Here's word:
Enter the Gungeon has gone platinum with over 1 million copies sold - thank you Gungeoneers! More Gungeon coming soon...
View : : :

Re: Enter the Gungeon Sells 1M
Jul 18, 2017, 12:16
Re: Enter the Gungeon Sells 1M Jul 18, 2017, 12:16
Jul 18, 2017, 12:16

Alamar wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 10:22:
Gratzies to them... I haven't picked this up yet, as I'm not sure I'll like it enough to warrant the $15, plus all the DLC (total) costing more than base turns me away...

Skip it. The production values are good, but there is this giant gaping hole in the middle of the gameplay they have no idea how to fix. Just play BoI or Nuclear Throne instead.

It bills itself as an action rogue-like, but the problem is you don't get stuff. It is ridiculously stingy with the drops. They patched it to be less miserly, but it is still very stingy. So it ends up being a game about cool guns where you never get to use the cool guns because there aren't enough of them.

As a result to end up trudging through the early levels using your default weapons many times. The game also basically demands you beat the bosses without getting hit, but they have huge life bars and take a lot of bullets to kill. Due to the game being so stingy with drops you need that extra drop from perfecting a boss early on.

This is a huge problem for a rogue-like because there are really only a few bosses per floor. Every single run starts the same for the first 2-3 floors. Instead of each run being unique with game changing items like Binding, each run is the same with you using your default pistol to trudge through eh early levels because the gun you got either sucks or doesn't have enough ammo and you only got one gun drop.

Go look at Dead cells instead, that is actually good. This game seriously sells mostly off its trailer and people praising it because they've played it. Most of positive reviews it got were incredibly shallow.

If you want a hardcore bullet hell game, there are better ones. If you want an action rogue-like there are better ones. EtG is way down the list.
Date
Subject
Author
Jul 18, 2017Jul 18 2017
Jul 18, 2017Jul 18 2017
Jul 18, 2017Jul 18 2017
 Re: Enter the Gungeon Sells 1M
Jul 18, 2017Jul 18 2017