Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

U.K. Sales Charts

The Sims 4 retains the top spot on the GFK Chart-Track PC top 30 chart of the bestselling PC games in the U.K. for the week ending July 15th. There's a new top entry on the all platforms chart where FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE is number one. This post summarizes all the action, and here is the PC top 10:

LW TW Title Developer Label Publisher
1 - 1 THE SIMS 4 THE SIMS STUDIO EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
3 ˄ 2 OVERWATCH BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT BLIZZARD ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
7 ˄ 3 FALLOUT 4 BETHESDA BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
2 ˅ 4 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2017 SPORTS INTERACTIVE SEGA SEGA
8 ˄ 5 FARMING SIMULATOR 17 GIANTS SOFTWARE FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE
5 ˅ 6 PREY ARKANE AUSTIN BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
22 ˄ 7 THE SIMS 4: CITY LIVING THE SIMS STUDIO EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
6 ˅ 8 BATTLEFIELD 1 DIGITAL ILLUSIONS EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
14 ˄ 9 GRAND THEFT AUTO V ROCKSTAR NORTH ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
10 - 10 THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE: MORROWIND ZENIMAX ONLINE BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jul 17, 2017, 15:51 Orogogus

Four of those aren't available on Steam: Sims, Overwatch, Sims 4: City Living and Battlefield. So yeah, people are buying those elsewhere. And I expect GFK doesn't have access to Steam sales data, so that would knock out PUBG and the two CS titles on the Steam list. It would also explain why the Steam list has Stardew Valley up, since it was on sale. Shadow of Mordor was, too, but that game's been on $5-8 sale half a dozen times already, so I'm not sure why it got propelled up so high this time.

Aside from that, I think you can write up Football Manager as GB gamers being different. And on the Steam side, Fire Pro Wrestling World is probably a US thing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jul 17, 2017, 15:12 Wesp5

I don't get it! This list is except for GTA V completely different from the Steam bestsellers of the same week. Isn't Steam the monopoly it wants to be and more people are buying elsewhere or are GB gamer just different?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo