Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here are last week's bestselling titles on Steam according to Valve:

1. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
  2. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  3. H1Z1: King of the Kill
  4. PGL 2017 Krakow CS:GO Major Championship Mega Bundle
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition
  7. Fire Pro Wrestling World
  8. Stardew Valley
  9. Friday the 13th: The Game
  10. GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 18, 2017, 01:08 Quinn

Nope, we quit.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 18, 2017, 00:14 Retired

Quinn wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 18:19:
PUBG's succes is inexplicable to me, really. Played it with a friend yesterday. Ended 3rd and 4th and had some good moment getting there. In the end we just got riddled with bullets from fuck knows where, adding a whole new depressing memory to the term "anti-climactic". My friend snorted as he saw that we both only got about 300 points. Another 2000 to go for what, another blue shirt?

The game just isn't that good by any standards I've learned to judge games on. Yes, all. Bad UI, unimpressive graphics, forgettable gameplay, and an utter sense of "wtf am I doing this for again?" after every match.

First big 30 euros waste in 2017.

Then you played 10 more rounds.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 18, 2017, 00:13 Retired

MacLeod wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 12:59:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 07:39:
I still don't see why people are so enamored with playerunknowns battlegrounds. Just another copycat from a multitude of other similar survival games. When all your opposition has to do is turn off some graphics details to see anyone hiding in the tall grass, you know it is another POS!

Except that you can't do that because the grass remains constant at any graphics settings (and has for a while now). Which you would know if you actually played the game, instead of whinging about an issue that doesn't exist.

Grass doesnt render over 600 meters. People think they are hidden and they look like they are laying in the open.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 22:27 eRe4s3r

warmbluelasers wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 16:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 09:03:
Mhh, World of Tanks has the same issue, play on Ultra low = you can see through walls (because they ain't rendering) and foliage stops displaying entirely after a distance, you think you sit in a bush with your tank? Other player sees you on the open field with no cover.

Broken by design ;P

I think you're confusing two competing titles. What you describe is a problem in War Thunder and the new "ultra low" setting. In War Thunder vehicles are always rendered so removing occlusion objects like trees and walls, and making everything a solid mass of color really makes targets stand out at long ranges.

Visibility in World of Tanks works by the server refusing to send information to the client. Removing walls and trees doesn't do any good when the server refuses to tell you where tanks are. That used to be it's own special sort of bullshit, with tanks being completely invisible even at close range.

You are of course right I confused the 2...

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 18:19 Quinn

PUBG's succes is inexplicable to me, really. Played it with a friend yesterday. Ended 3rd and 4th and had some good moment getting there. In the end we just got riddled with bullets from fuck knows where, adding a whole new depressing memory to the term "anti-climactic". My friend snorted as he saw that we both only got about 300 points. Another 2000 to go for what, another blue shirt?

The game just isn't that good by any standards I've learned to judge games on. Yes, all. Bad UI, unimpressive graphics, forgettable gameplay, and an utter sense of "wtf am I doing this for again?" after every match.

First big 30 euros waste in 2017.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 16:54 warmbluelasers

Mhh, World of Tanks has the same issue, play on Ultra low = you can see through walls (because they ain't rendering) and foliage stops displaying entirely after a distance, you think you sit in a bush with your tank? Other player sees you on the open field with no cover.

Broken by design ;P

I think you're confusing two competing titles. What you describe is a problem in War Thunder and the new "ultra low" setting. In War Thunder vehicles are always rendered so removing occlusion objects like trees and walls, and making everything a solid mass of color really makes targets stand out at long ranges.

Visibility in World of Tanks works by the server refusing to send information to the client. Removing walls and trees doesn't do any good when the server refuses to tell you where tanks are. That used to be it's own special sort of bullshit, with tanks being completely invisible even at close range.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 14:12 jdreyer

MacLeod wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 12:59:
I still don't see why people are so enamored with playerunknowns battlegrounds. Just another copycat from a multitude of other similar survival games. When all your opposition has to do is turn off some graphics details to see anyone hiding in the tall grass, you know it is another POS!

Except that you can't do that because the grass remains constant at any graphics settings (and has for a while now). Which you would know if you actually played the game, instead of whinging about an issue that doesn't exist.

Why buy the game when you can get the whine for free?

Stay a while, and listen.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 12:59 MacLeod

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 12:26 Leper

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 07:51:
1. Game is in Early Access, the devs are aware of this issue plus many others.
2. Players buy games to have fun and players are buying this game.
3. see one

Broken by design

Ps.: NO idea whether that game will fix this issue, but it ain't a simple thing to fix ^^

Remove the lowest detail option and increase system requirements? Of course then you'd piss off the budget crowd, but even consoles require you to spend a few hundred bucks on hardware every few years. People need to get with the program.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 10:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell, Dead Cells hasn't been on any Steam Top 10 list at all, as far as I can tell. There is no justice here!

I have to believe Valve is just laughing their collective asses off about the whole CS:GO situation.

People just keep buying that shit, get banned, buy a new copy/make a new account, repeat. It's mind boggling.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 09:03 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 07:51:
3. see one

Broken by design

Ps.: NO idea whether that game will fix this issue, but it ain't a simple thing to fix ^^

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 07:51 RedEye9

3. see one

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 07:39 Ozmodan

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 16, 2017, 20:20 BIGtrouble77

Finally got a voucher for a blistering $8 discount on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS at GMG. I figure I'll have to wait 4 years to get this discount on a Steam sale.  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 16, 2017, 20:09 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 16, 2017, 19:52:
VAC ban 40k csgo cheaters and the next week the game is in the second spot, this business model rocks.

Looks like it's in spots 2 and 4?

Stay a while, and listen.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 16, 2017, 19:52 RedEye9

VAC ban 40k csgo cheaters and the next week the game is in the second spot, this business model rocks.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo