Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

F1 2017 Trailer

This trailer from F1 2017 features another classic car reveal for the upcoming Formula One racing simulation. Travel back to a time when Gnarls Barkley topped the charts, everyone was talking lika the Borat, and Google startled everyone by dropping a ton of cash on YouTube. That's right, it's 2006, when the Renault R26 helped Fernando Alonso win the World Drivers' Championship. Here's word:

Renault has become the latest team to have an iconic car recreated in F1™ 2017, the official video game of the 2017 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™. Codemasters® and Deep Silver have today released a brand-new trailer showcasing the classic 2006 Renault R26, which powered Alonso to the 2006 World Drivers’ Championship. The video can be viewed at https://youtu.be/dNmatL1OyTc. Further classic cars will be unveiled in the coming weeks.

2006 Renault R26 – Driven by Fernando Alonso and Giancarlo Fisichella, the R26 scored eight wins out of 18 races, with seven pole positions and five fastest laps, leading for more laps and winning more races than any other car in 2006. It helped Alonso win his second Drivers' Championship and Renault to claim their second Constructors' Championship in succession.

F1 2017 also features an even deeper career mode, numerous multiplayer enhancements, and a brand new ‘Championships’ game mode as well as the return of classic cars. The 2006 Renault R26 will be playable in F1 2017 when it releases on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system by Microsoft, and Windows PC via Steam worldwide on August 25th.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: F1 2017 Trailer Jul 9, 2017, 19:30 theglaze

Armengar wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 05:27:
Does the series simulate driver strops? Or warn you that your place is under threat by inferior drivers (who are bringing sponsorship money with them)

I can't say I buy the games for the single player championship so I can't answer that. I'd rather put that time into the multiplayer championships found in iRacing.

Armengar wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 05:27:
Cant say i regularly watch F1 any longer. Doesnt hold a candle to the older racing days. (Note. Could be rose tinted glasses though, im sure there used to be more racing and overtaking...)

This season stands out as the most interesting since they've moved to 1.6L Turbos. In fact, the race in Baku a couple weeks ago is considered by many to be one of the best/most entertaining races ever (for a mid-season race).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: F1 2017 Trailer Jul 9, 2017, 05:27 Armengar

Does the series simulate driver strops? Or warn you that your place is under threat by inferior drivers (who are bringing sponsorship money with them)

Cant say i regularly watch F1 any longer. Doesnt hold a candle to the older racing days. (Note. Could be rose tinted glasses though, im sure there used to be more racing and overtaking...)

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

2. Re: F1 2017 Trailer Jul 9, 2017, 00:49 theglaze

What?

Anyways. I first got into racing F1 cars with PS3's F1 Championship Edition, and good'ol Alonso's Renault R26 was on the cover. I wanted to hold off on buying this game until they integrate VR, and these classic cars are making that difficult...

1. Re: F1 2017 Trailer Jul 8, 2017, 21:54 Rigs

I remember when
I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
There was something so pleasant about that place
Even your emotions have an echo in so much space

Hmmm, I was just listening to that yesterday...so I guess this is just a puff trailer with nothing of substance? I think F1 2013 stills holds the bar with 'classic' content. It'll be interesting if they try to raise said bar with this new installment...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2017, 04:40.

"I remember feeling profoundly disappointed at the scene when Byeck's missus gives him a hidden blade and says, 'This is a weapon from ancient times!' BITCH, we're IN 'ancient times'!" - Yahtzee, 'Assassin's Creed: Origins'

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo