Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today?

A bunch of posts on NeoGAF indicate alpha keys are being sent out for Star Wars: Battlefront 2. The posts indicate that PC gamers who have not preordered anything are receiving keys to the early version of the Star Wars action game. Word is this will get underway sometime today. Thanks GameSpot.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 30, 2017, 12:24 maddog

I really don't care about SP campaign. I just want the MP modes to support bots so I can play with a few buddies on LAN.

*not holding breath

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 30, 2017, 03:10 Slick

Damn, I was talking with my editor just 2 days ago that I wanted him to get me alpha access to this, he was like: "Early copies will go out a few weeks before launch" and I'm like noooo... there could be a closed alpha as early as next week! And here we are...  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

12. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 30, 2017, 02:21 The Half Elf

No problem, appreciate the effort  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

11. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 23:54 RaZ0r!

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 22:57:
RaZ0r! wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 22:00:
Clicked delete on mine. No accident.

Do me a favor, forward it to me if it's a code.

Ah man I just went to go forward it to you, but the email specifically says the code will only work on my EA account. Sorry man.

10. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 22:57 The Half Elf

RaZ0r! wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 22:00:

Do me a favor, forward it to me if it's a code.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

9. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 22:00 RaZ0r!

8. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 21:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rattican wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 21:27:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 18:22:
Disney doesn't know what the hell they're doing with Star Wars,
Sure they do - they know what's needed to make fat stacks of cash. That's all they care about. They didn't acquire the Star Wars franchise for artistic merit after all.

Basically this. Even Lucas was all about the money with Star Wars... merchandising beyond belief, byzantine licenses and releases on various formats, this is an IP that has classically been exploited to the fullest.

Don't get me wrong, I love the original trilogy, but I since the two recent films I've really had to step back and reexamine the entire franchise. After I got over my anger and elation on various failings and successes in the two films.

I'll watch the Last Jedi for sure, probably try to avoid watching the Han Solo ret-con in the theatre, but I'm not expecting any great plot work. Disney is doing the same thing they are doing with most of the Marvel movies, maximizing profit across the globe, not trying to please the hardcore fans.

More on topic: I have SWBF from a sale also, but no Alpha SWBF2 key for me, as far as I can see. Not that I'd alpha/beta test for those jokers, but still.

7. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 21:27 Rattican

DangerDog wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 18:22:
Disney doesn't know what the hell they're doing with Star Wars,
Sure they do - they know what's needed to make fat stacks of cash. That's all they care about. They didn't acquire the Star Wars franchise for artistic merit after all.

6. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 18:22 DangerDog

NewMaxx wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 16:15:
Dunno, was watching some drunk Russian guy stream it (illegally) for a while, guess I'll check it out but meh.

some people are cheering on the inclusion of the clone war setting but I still feel that whole chunk should be redacted and rebooted. my expectations of movies set pre Star Wars was something akin to king arthur and the knights of the round table set in space, instead we got CSPAN in space with a bunch of dull, lifeless characters an out of place cgi cartoon "jar jar" and a whiny brat.

this looks like more of the same with characters and background that just reminds me how much I hated the prequels.

I have even less love of the newquels. Disney doesn't know what the hell they're doing with Star Wars, everything has to be filtered to maximum family friendliness because of their massive investment in their amusement parks.

5. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 16:15 NewMaxx

Dunno, was watching some drunk Russian guy stream it (illegally) for a while, guess I'll check it out but meh.  

4. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 11:54 OldDirtyEwok

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 10:37:
Yup. Got my key in the mail yesterday. I own the first game (bought on sale almost 90% off) but have not preordered the 2nd game, of course. They seem to be sending this out to all SWBF owners or all Origin accounts or something. It's already on, too. Start date was 08:00 UTC today.

I have BF on origin and didn't get one

3. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 11:05 CJ_Parker

Hoping for the same here. I will only be buying BF2 for the SP campaign and again only when it's 75% to 90% off (which shouldn't take too long... maybe 12 to 18 months max).  

2. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 11:00 Undocumented Alien

Got my key as well, seems to be a MP only Closed Alpha. SWBF1 ran really well for me, but SWBF2 seems to be REALLY laggy. Running a GTX 970.

So far it feels the same as SWBF1, which I think is just... 'Meh'.

So hopefully the SP campaign will be the highlight of SWBF2.

1. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 10:37 CJ_Parker

Yup. Got my key in the mail yesterday. I own the first game (bought on sale almost 90% off) but have not preordered the 2nd game, of course. They seem to be sending this out to all SWBF owners or all Origin accounts or something. It's already on, too. Start date was 08:00 UTC today.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo