Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Police Simulator 18 This Year

Publisher astragon Entertainment announces Police Simulator 18 is the new title of the game they announced last year under the title Police Simulator - Law Enforcement. This is expected before the end of this year, and the news includes some new details on what to expect:

Dazzling blue lights, high-speed emergency drives and exciting investigative work: Last August publisher astragon Entertainment and Portuguese developer Big Moon Interactive first announced a new police simulation game, which will let players experience the exciting day-to-day policework of a real US police officer, under the working title Police Simulator – Law Enforcement. Today, astragon is very happy to show some first screenshots of the game which will be released as Police Simulator 18 in retail and as digital download at the end of 2017.

In Police Simulator 18 the player will slip into the role of a real US police officer – either male or female – and discover the interesting challenges and varied tasks that lie waiting for him in the streets of the sprawling US city of Loston Bay. The player can choose to go on patrol through three different city districts either alone in the game’s single player mode or together with a friend in the cooperative two-person multiplayer mode. The extremely expansive - and thanks to the use of the Unreal® Engine 4 very lifelike – metropolis can be freely explored by the player either on foot or in one of three distinct patrol cars.

In addition to these police cars with their fully functional cockpits the virtual cop will of course also be able to use a broad range of authentic police equipment such as safety vests, handcuffs, flashlights, firearms and more.

Police Simulator 18 will be released for PC at the end of 2017. More information about the game will be coming soon.

View
124 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

124. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 6, 2017, 23:50 Quboid

Quinn wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 12:23:
Quboid wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 11:22:
I should say, I mostly agree with RedEye9 et al. Regardless of whatever complexes they are prone to, these groups are victims and stirring things up is the only way they can get people talking.

Any successful protest movement will be unpopular with many in its day. If it was popular it wouldn't need a protest, the alternative to being unpopular is to be ignored which is what many want to do with BLM. It starts off reasonable, we'll listen as long as you're not violent. Actually no, we'll listen as long as you're not violent and you don't talk to us in the theatre. Wait no, we'll listen as long as you're non-violent, don't talk in the theatre and stand for the national anthem ... bullshit, now we're trying to find a way to ignore you. That doesn't make violence and rioting acceptable, but it does make it inevitable.

Would we be having this conversation if BLM didn't exist?

Dacron, that article is deeply flawed, disputing a point no one is making (poverty alone isn't the problem) and the blatant antisemitism isn't helpful.

I knew where you were coming from. For me personally, you didn't need to elaborate. Still I agree with you, which may shock people like RedEye somehow. The thing is, you were perfectly right in your earlier comment about extremisms. I believe a very large group of the protesters have an extreme view and to me, that extreme view is: "It's all the fault of white people, nothing's wrong with black people: they are perfect."

That has always been my position from the start of this discussion, that this extreme form of putting all your misery on something external -- and even in this way coming out as the open racist yourself (unless, of course, someone here don't believe white people can be the victim of racism) -- will move you nowhere but steps back. It started to touch me personally at some point, when the regressive fucktard media couldn't shut the fuck up about white privilege and chanting that same fucking rhetoric those extremists in the black community chant. "Shut the fuck up about white people" I felt, as an annoying and irrational pride for white people and their achievements boiled up. I luckily was aware of it. I hated the implications of it. I gave it a place, but didn't forget about what caused it.

I hate racism with a passion. I shouldn't need to say that. Mind you, though: I hate every fucking form of racism. Black on black, white on black, black on white, and now the new one... white on white.

I always find it hard to express myself. I'm aspergers AF, diagnosed and all, so yeah... it may come as a surprise but I can't find anything in your last comments to disagree with and I guess that says a lot about my position on the subject.

Ah, I wasn't sure if you remembered that we'd discussed this before. We've got plenty of common ground, but I don't consider a potential victim-complex as a reason to ignore times when people are actual victims. Also, victim complexes exist on all sides of issues. White nationalism looks to be little else to me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

123. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 4, 2017, 15:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Dacron wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 12:56:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 12:30:
That's very flawed logic. It doesn't mean that poverty has nothing to do with it. It means that poverty alone isn't necessarily the cause. Nobody is claiming that the cause is poverty alone.

it's a cultural issue, not one of economic status (although I am not blind to it being a contributing/aggravating factor).

Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 09:40:
Poverty among blacks is the absolute winner.

It's almost like my reply was tailored for a comment, not the entire discussion. And took into account the poverty issue.

That being said, this is a cultural issue. It is aggravated by economic status, to think otherwise is foolish. If it were the main cause, the poorest whites should be the highest crime rate, no ?

The part of your post that I quoted contradicted the part you quoted. It just wasn't very clear what you meant by that.

Ultimately, my point was that just pointing at poor white people and saying they don't have the same issues as poor black people doesn't really tell us anything.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

122. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 4, 2017, 14:34 Dacron

Quinn wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 13:55:
I didn't actually mean what you think i meant I meant that there's most poverty among blacks. I should've written "On poverty, blacks are the absolute winners."...

Fair enough, I didn't want to get into this discussion, just took that comment at face value (out of context) because it's the reason I see so many people use as to justify their situation.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

121. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 4, 2017, 13:55 Quinn

Dacron wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 12:56:
That's very flawed logic. It doesn't mean that poverty has nothing to do with it. It means that poverty alone isn't necessarily the cause. Nobody is claiming that the cause is poverty alone.

it's a cultural issue, not one of economic status (although I am not blind to it being a contributing/aggravating factor).

It's almost like my reply was tailored for a comment, not the entire discussion. And took into account the poverty issue.

That being said, this is a cultural issue. It is aggravated by economic status, to think otherwise is foolish. If it were the main cause, the poorest whites should be the highest crime rate, no ?

I didn't actually mean what you think i meant I meant that there's most poverty among blacks. I should've written "On poverty, blacks are the absolute winners."...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

120. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 4, 2017, 12:56 Dacron

119. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 4, 2017, 12:30 Wowbagger_TIP

Dacron wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 12:22:
I am just countering the notion that poverty has anything to do with it (directly quoted in my response.). It is a bullshit cop out, not supported by any factual data, because all you have to do is post the crime rate for the poorest people in the god damn country. So if it disproportionately effects blacks, it's a cultural issue, not one of economic status (although I am not blind to it being a contributing/aggravating factor).

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

118. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 4, 2017, 12:23 Quinn

I should say, I mostly agree with RedEye9 et al. Regardless of whatever complexes they are prone to, these groups are victims and stirring things up is the only way they can get people talking.

Any successful protest movement will be unpopular with many in its day. If it was popular it wouldn't need a protest, the alternative to being unpopular is to be ignored which is what many want to do with BLM. It starts off reasonable, we'll listen as long as you're not violent. Actually no, we'll listen as long as you're not violent and you don't talk to us in the theatre. Wait no, we'll listen as long as you're non-violent, don't talk in the theatre and stand for the national anthem ... bullshit, now we're trying to find a way to ignore you. That doesn't make violence and rioting acceptable, but it does make it inevitable.

Dacron, that article is deeply flawed, disputing a point no one is making (poverty alone isn't the problem) and the blatant antisemitism isn't helpful.

I knew where you were coming from. For me personally, you didn't need to elaborate. Still I agree with you, which may shock people like RedEye somehow. The thing is, you were perfectly right in your earlier comment about extremisms. I believe a very large group of the protesters have an extreme view and to me, that extreme view is: "It's all the fault of white people, nothing's wrong with black people: they are perfect."

That has always been my position from the start of this discussion, that this extreme form of putting all your misery on something external -- and even in this way coming out as the open racist yourself (unless, of course, someone here don't believe white people can be the victim of racism) -- will move you nowhere but steps back. It started to touch me personally at some point, when the regressive fucktard media couldn't shut the fuck up about white privilege and chanting that same fucking rhetoric those extremists in the black community chant. "Shut the fuck up about white people" I felt, as an annoying and irrational pride for white people and their achievements boiled up. I luckily was aware of it. I hated the implications of it. I gave it a place, but didn't forget about what caused it.

I hate racism with a passion. I shouldn't need to say that. Mind you, though: I hate every fucking form of racism. Black on black, white on black, black on white, and now the new one... white on white.

I always find it hard to express myself. I'm aspergers AF, diagnosed and all, so yeah... it may come as a surprise but I can't find anything in your last comments to disagree with and I guess that says a lot about my position on the subject.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

117. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 4, 2017, 12:22 Dacron

All you have to do is ask for a better source. Even though everything is easily confirmed via google. I just took the first result, I am not offended by racism, antisemitism etc... when using it for the actual facts it lists.

If the source is "too racist" I can link many more confirming this.

Like these.

I am just countering the notion that poverty is the answer (directly quoted in my response.). It is a bullshit cop out, not supported by any factual data, because all you have to do is post the crime rate for the poorest people in the god damn country. So if it disproportionately effects blacks, it's a cultural issue, not one of economic status (although I am not blind to it being a contributing/aggravating factor).

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2017, 13:33.

116. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 4, 2017, 11:22 Quboid

115. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 4, 2017, 02:45 Dacron

Yet the poorest whites...

‘Yet, The violent crime rate for Appalachia in 2010 was lower than the national violent crime rate average by 56.76%’

If the source is "too racist" I can link many more confirming this.

It's not economic. It's cultural. Look at rap music that glorifies gangs, violence, drug dealing etc...

I agree 100% with the single parent aspect, but again it is cultural. if black men stopped abandoning their kids they would be FAR better off. The rate of single parent households amongst blacks is HUGE (72%). Instead of having parents to guide them, it's media, entertainment, fellow kids, and older boys in the neighborhood, all who learned what they know from other kids and their choice of media that teach them.

Imagine what life would be like if your voice of reason was someone your age as a child'/teenager vs parents/elders. I'd be dead/locked up if that were the case for me.

It's cultural, not economic. And easier to fix than making the economy magically favorable to them. But any attempts to do so is racist. Then, repeat situation ad nauseum.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2017, 04:33.

114. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 4, 2017, 02:13 Quinn

I agree with every single word Quboid said.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

113. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 3, 2017, 22:35 Quboid

I do think victim complexes are a problem with social campaigns, humans will always look for other people to blame for their own shortcomings. I see this sometimes in feminism (and I consider myself a feminist, in that I don't think women should be discriminated against ... how controversial) where the patriarchy supposedly excuses misandry. I think these groups - hell, basically all groups everywhere - are bad at introspection and dealing with their own extreme elements. These elements argue with rival extreme elements and don't have rational discussions with people they have common ground with to reach a consensus. Twitter is poison in this regard, every disagreement in 140 characters looks like a rival extreme.

With regards to "racist" being an unfairly powerful word. I agree. It means people probably aren't going to listen and the person accused becomes the accused; of course the defendant is defensive. It is thrown around too easily, it's not a trivial accusation. I draw a big distinction between ignorance-based racism (prejudice based on mistaken belief; e.g. believing everything Fox News says) and active hate-based racism (neo-Nazis, KKK, probably Steve Bannon). When someone is accused of racism, it tends to sound like an accusation of hated, even thought this often isn't the intention. I have made these mistakes, both using the accusation too quickly and not realising quite how it sounds like I'm calling them nasty rather than foolish.

That doesn't mean the accusation is wrong. Plenty of people are racist, not many know/admit it.

Anyway, there are still problems as we all agree. These groups are actual victims and reducing that would be a good thing. How? Dunno. Northern Ireland had an institutionally prejudiced (anti-Catholic) police service, the RUC. We scrapped it, created a new service, the PSNI, with proportional Catholic/Protestant officers and it got a lot better. That's pretty drastic but the biggest step, as always, was admitting we had a problem.

112. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 3, 2017, 21:24 RedEye9

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 20:52:
Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 09:54:
Fucking hell, dude. Look for cops shooting white people and you'll get hundreds of hits. Look for cops saving puppies and you get hundreds of hits. Look for cops shooting blacks and you get the same result. Regressive media just chooses to show the latter. Also, don't cherry pick those stats. Look at crime per capita too. Paints a clearer picture.

The numbers have already been discussed. But your argument is just ridiculous. You could make the same argument about black people or any other group, and it would be just as meaningless. What matters is the consequences when they do what they do.

Afaik he didn't reach into his coat, mate. He reached into some place in the car, dashboard/console w/e but a place where the cop couldn't see.

Even if that were true, the same reasoning applies regardless of where he had reached. The cop never saw a gun. He never had reason to feel threatened enough to shoot the guy. The guy was doing as he was told. At most, he could have drawn his gun until the guy had his hands back where he could see them. He didn't. He panicked and cost Castile his life.

The situation was bad. Very bad. For all included.

Jesus Christ, cut the platitudes. I'm gonna have to say that it was a whole hell of a lot worse for Castile and his family than for Yanez.

To call the cop a racist based on the footage and facts is extremely insulting to say the least. Again, an entire jury agreed with me unanimously. 2 of them being black members of the jury.

Being insulted is a lot better than being dead, so I think he can deal with it. The jury didn't really seem to agree with you. If they did, they wouldn't have taken 4 days to come to a verdict. They got a seriously warped view of the case too, as the prosecution really blew it by not getting critical evidence introduced like they should have.

There should always be an independent prosecutor. It's the only way we'll ever get a fair trial involving a cop. The local DA should not be involved. There should be a separate agency prosecuting these cases.

One last time, yes there is racism among cops. Yes black people sometimes the victim of said racism. Is it as bad as it is made out to be these days? I don't believe so. People are all on a fucking frenzy. People who hate their life just hop on the bandwagon because it's always better to blame some external shit for your own misery.

Black people have been abused by the cops for as long as there have been black people in this country. Has it gotten better over time? Sure. But that doesn't mean they aren't still being abused more than others. It's quite obvious that they are.

Ultimately that isn't even the real issue. The real issue is that cops rarely face serious consequences for abusing anybody. Minorities just get it worse and more frequently than the rest of us. Since cops almost always defend even the bad ones, they all get a bad name. Lack of accountability tarnishes the entire group.

/and thread!

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality
https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The game’s afoot.

111. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 3, 2017, 20:52 Wowbagger_TIP

Fucking hell, dude. Look for cops shooting white people and you'll get hundreds of hits. Look for cops saving puppies and you get hundreds of hits. Look for cops shooting blacks and you get the same result. Regressive media just chooses to show the latter. Also, don't cherry pick those stats. Look at crime per capita too. Paints a clearer picture.

The numbers have already been discussed. But your argument is just ridiculous. You could make the same argument about black people or any other group, and it would be just as meaningless. What matters is the consequences when they do what they do.

Afaik he didn't reach into his coat, mate. He reached into some place in the car, dashboard/console w/e but a place where the cop couldn't see.

Even if that were true, the same reasoning applies regardless of where he had reached. The cop never saw a gun. He never had reason to feel threatened enough to shoot the guy. The guy was doing as he was told. At most, he could have drawn his gun until the guy had his hands back where he could see them. He didn't. He panicked and cost Castile his life.

The situation was bad. Very bad. For all included.

Jesus Christ, cut the platitudes. I'm gonna have to say that it was a whole hell of a lot worse for Castile and his family than for Yanez.

To call the cop a racist based on the footage and facts is extremely insulting to say the least. Again, an entire jury agreed with me unanimously. 2 of them being black members of the jury.

Being insulted is a lot better than being dead, so I think he can deal with it. The jury didn't really seem to agree with you. If they did, they wouldn't have taken 4 days to come to a verdict. They got a seriously warped view of the case too, as the prosecution really blew it by not getting critical evidence introduced like they should have.

There should always be an independent prosecutor. It's the only way we'll ever get a fair trial involving a cop. The local DA should not be involved. There should be a separate agency prosecuting these cases.

One last time, yes there is racism among cops. Yes black people sometimes the victim of said racism. Is it as bad as it is made out to be these days? I don't believe so. People are all on a fucking frenzy. People who hate their life just hop on the bandwagon because it's always better to blame some external shit for your own misery.

Black people have been abused by the cops for as long as there have been black people in this country. Has it gotten better over time? Sure. But that doesn't mean they aren't still being abused more than others. It's quite obvious that they are.

Ultimately that isn't even the real issue. The real issue is that cops rarely face serious consequences for abusing anybody. Minorities just get it worse and more frequently than the rest of us. Since cops almost always defend even the bad ones, they all get a bad name. Lack of accountability tarnishes the entire group.

110. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 3, 2017, 13:39 Retired

*sigh

109. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 3, 2017, 12:24 Beamer

Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 11:51:
Beamer wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 11:43:
Race realists are the worst.

I had to look up that term. Not sure what you're saying. It sounds strangely hippie to me. Do you deny there's difference races among humans?

Edit: Tried to work with your comment. Couldn't.

Inherently? No. But taught in society? Yes.

A race realist is someone who would claim that, since the black community is more violent, cops are right to be more cautious around black people and therefore it's understandable that a higher percentage of black people get shot while unarmed.

But that's still racism, because it still says it's OK to judge people based on the color they were born.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

108. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 3, 2017, 12:16 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 12:07:
It's hard to have a discussion when someone believes in pseudoscientific bullshit, especially when someone does not understand the terminology.

Pseudoscientific bullshit? Where was I talking about pseudoscientific bullshit?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

107. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 3, 2017, 12:07 RedEye9

It's hard to have a discussion when someone believes in pseudoscientific bullshit, especially when someone does not understand the terminology.

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality
https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The game’s afoot.

106. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 3, 2017, 11:51 Quinn

I had to look up that term. Not sure what you're saying. It sounds strangely hippie to me. Do you deny there's difference races among humans?

Edit: Tried to work with your comment. Couldn't.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

105. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 3, 2017, 11:43 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

124 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >