Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Standalone Coming

Activision confirms suspicions of a standalone version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, saying this will come to PlayStation 4 on June 27th and other platforms after that. This remake was originally part of deluxe editions of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and now it will be available on its own. Here's a new trailer, and here's word, which indicates the game's DLC map pack will be released separately:

Activision announced today that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, a complete enhancement of one of the most critically-acclaimed games in history, will be available as a standalone release on Tuesday, June 27th, first on PlayStation 4 in stores and via download on the PlayStation Network, with other platforms to follow. The game includes the full campaign and the 16 multiplayer maps fans know and love from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, all released with stunning high-definition visuals.

A new trailer can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frcic8ApwJ0

“It’s been an honor to bring this great title, which holds such a special place in our hearts, to a new generation of players,” said Brian Raffel, studio head of Raven Software. “With Modern Warfare Remastered, we’re able to relive our favorite campaign levels and multiplayer moments in full HD visuals and remastered audio. No detail was too small, as the team pored over every aspect of development.”

In celebration of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered launch, players will also be able to participate in the newest seasonal Call of Duty event called, Call of Duty “Days of Summer.” The five-week community celebration begins June 27th and will feature a bevy of in-game giveaways, XP events and new playlists across multiple titles, including a new summer-themed map for Modern Warfare Remastered that will be available through the duration of the event, along with much more to be announced on Tuesday.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered features fully improved texture resolution and detail, revamped animation, remastered audio, and much more. Fans will relive the full, iconic story campaign as they're transported around the globe with Capt. Price, Gaz and Soap across all the missions from the original game, including "All Ghillied Up," "Charlie Don't Surf," and "Crew Expendable." Players will also experience the online multiplayer mode that redefined Call of Duty by introducing killstreaks, XP, Prestige and more, and battle head-to-head in the fan-favorite maps from the original multiplayer mode, including classics such as "Crash," "Backlot" and "Crossfire."

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is rated M for Mature by the ESRB (Blood, Intense Violence, Strong Language), and will be available at SRP of $39.99. The package does not include the Modern Warfare Remastered Variety Map Pack.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 19:07 maddog

My buddies and I played a TON of this at work. We used the PezBot mod and had a great time with it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 11:29 Beamer

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 24, 2017, 05:29:
LiTh wrote on Jun 24, 2017, 00:09:
Not a CoD fan but CoD4:MW by the (original) Infinity Ward is what really propelled the series. Its engine would go on to be used (and abused) by the inept treyarch to death. After the original IW dev's left (screwed by Activision) the series went down hill. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but for me this is the best there is for FPS hands down. The single player campaign was still the most memorable of all (fps) time. I'm not a hater, so i'm going to check this out, as for any other CoD, doesnt meet the standard of the past devs.

The multiplayer was probably the best of the series too. In my book it was as good as or even better than CounterStrike, and I loved counterstrike back in the 1.5, 1.6 days.

CoD:MW to this day remains the best of the lot.

I think 2 was better than 1, 3 was better than 2, and Ghosts was awful for MP (but much better for SP.)

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 10:15 Avus

Honestly it is no worse than EA's $49 (at launch) Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass or Battlefield Hardline sold at full price...  

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 05:29 VaranDragon

Not a CoD fan but CoD4:MW by the (original) Infinity Ward is what really propelled the series. Its engine would go on to be used (and abused) by the inept treyarch to death. After the original IW dev's left (screwed by Activision) the series went down hill. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but for me this is the best there is for FPS hands down. The single player campaign was still the most memorable of all (fps) time. I'm not a hater, so i'm going to check this out, as for any other CoD, doesnt meet the standard of the past devs.

The multiplayer was probably the best of the series too. In my book it was as good as or even better than CounterStrike, and I loved counterstrike back in the 1.5, 1.6 days.

CoD:MW to this day remains the best of the lot.

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 01:04 FloorPie

Heh, why bother buying this seperately (whenever they release it for pc) when you can get it now for $50 with Infinite Warfare? Hmm, they will probably fully seperate them now to maximize profit. I really shouldn't waste the cash but tempting.  

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 00:27 HoSpanky

Take Titanfall 2 for a spin. The single player campaign is done by the people who made MW, and it's pretty damn spectacular.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 00:09 LiTh

4. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Standalone Coming Jun 23, 2017, 22:03 DangerDog

they should just release it for free with a mandatory ad playing for their next COD game every time you start it up.  

3. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Standalone Coming Jun 23, 2017, 22:02 Creston

$40? Okay. Rolleyes

2. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Standalone Coming Jun 23, 2017, 19:58 NetHead

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 19:32:
Hahahahahaha $40 + $15 for the map pack for a remastered CoD. They know no shame but rightfully so. The CoD lemmings will lap this up like it is honey and milk.

Seems even CJ can't muster up enough hate to adequately describe this ripoff.

This, after they've already been forcing anyone wanting to buy it to get it bundled with some other CoD:BS. It is literally beyond triple dipping.

Seriously people just go pirate this crap (it's actually been available since last year lol, add repack to your search if you want something smaller to download), you'll storm through it in a couple of hours and never play it again. Hell it only has one good mission and it's not nearly as good today as it was back in its day. That one mission was great in its day, but it's also the kind of thing which doesn't age well, it was underwhelming replaying it even if the visuals were solid, impressive even. The rest of the game, in one ear and out the other, seriously so forgettable don't remember anything else other than the starting boot camp thing.

1. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Standalone Coming Jun 23, 2017, 19:32 CJ_Parker

Hahahahahaha $40 + $15 for the map pack for a remastered CoD. They know no shame but rightfully so. The CoD lemmings will lap this up like it is honey and milk.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo