Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M

This tweet reveals the latest startling sales milestone for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, the smash-hit battle royal game (thanks VentureBeat). Here's word:

3 months... 4 million copies of @PUBATTLEGROUNDS sold... Thank you all again for your continuing support <3

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M Jun 24, 2017, 08:50 VaranDragon

In music industry terms this is a quadruple platinum album. These guys are multi millionaires now, thank you very much.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M Jun 24, 2017, 08:28 Angrius Maximis

gonna wait and get this on the XBOX One X to avoid hackers and all the PC bullshit that makes a game not work  

11. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M Jun 24, 2017, 07:48 Ozmodan

Typical, no one wants a game that challenges them. I fooled around with it and found it to be just a joke of a game.  

10. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M Jun 24, 2017, 03:51 |RaptoR|

I've been having a ton of fun with the game. It's basically "instant action" DayZ. You struggle for a good kit, and then plot out your course within the bubble to best suit your style.

Some folks play aggressive, hunter killers. Some will stay on the outskirts of the bubble picking off transitioners. Some go to the middle and wait it out.

Tons of appeal to me, mostly because it's not the same formula I've been playing since 1994.

Playing: Overwatch, Monster Hunter: World, Heroes of the Storm
Xbox Live: Heinekev
PSN: Heinekev

9. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M Jun 24, 2017, 02:22 BIGtrouble77

I like this type of game because it forces some semblance of self preservation.  

8. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M Jun 24, 2017, 02:18 NewMaxx

ViRGE wrote on Jun 24, 2017, 01:49:
But these last-man-standing survival games I just don't see the fun in them: they're slow and plodding; I'd rather have a flak cannon and a shock rifle any day of the week.

Watch PewDiePie's video of himself playing PUB and you'll see the appeal. I mean I don't endorse the video at all but it reveals what the average player enjoys about the game...although it does nothing for me.

7. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M Jun 24, 2017, 01:49 ViRGE

Bundy wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 23:25:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 20:31:
Rilcon wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 20:17:
Neat, good for them.
Agreed. I don't "get it", but clearly a lot of other people are enjoying it.

Yup. It's like Minecraft. My kids keep trying to get me into it but I just watch them and think, "how is this fun?"

You'll never feel so old as when you watch a half dozen tweens play Minecraft on a LAN.
Minecraft I get: building stuff is fun. But these last-man-standing survival games I just don't see the fun in them: they're slow and plodding; I'd rather have a flak cannon and a shock rifle any day of the week.

6. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M Jun 24, 2017, 00:27 Dev

Week after week of top steam charts... actually has meaning. In this case, 4 million copies meaning.  

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 00:11 LiTh

Let me know when its out of EA.  

4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M Jun 23, 2017, 23:25 Bundy

ViRGE wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 20:31:
Neat, good for them.

Yup. It's like Minecraft. My kids keep trying to get me into it but I just watch them and think, "how is this fun?"

You'll never feel so old as when you watch a half dozen tweens play Minecraft on a LAN.

3. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M Jun 23, 2017, 20:31 ViRGE

Neat, good for them.

2. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M Jun 23, 2017, 20:17 Rilcon

Neat, good for them.  

1. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M Jun 23, 2017, 20:07 xXStellarDadXx

U know me guys....wow...just wow...  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo