Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

It Came from E3 2017, Part 12

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: It Came from E3, Part 12 Jun 19, 2017, 16:41 Darks

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2017, 16:21:
Darks wrote on Jun 19, 2017, 10:39:
Nightdive needs to fix the energy weapon in the new System Shock game. Why does an energy weapon kick when its being fired?

Seriously!!!

The kick is from the heavy duty tungsten relays snapping into place connecting the super capacitors to the discharge module. Duh.

If so, its as stupid as it comes. The the original weapon never did that in game. Never!!

And btw, if that s the case. That should really only happen once the weapon has fired, that would be something thats being done as a reload. not an instant firing of the weapon.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: It Came from E3, Part 12 Jun 19, 2017, 16:21 jdreyer

Darks wrote on Jun 19, 2017, 10:39:
Nightdive needs to fix the energy weapon in the new System Shock game. Why does an energy weapon kick when its being fired?

Seriously!!!

The kick is from the heavy duty tungsten relays snapping into place connecting the super capacitors to the discharge module. Duh.

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.
Would you like to know more?

5. Re: It Came from E3, Part 12 Jun 19, 2017, 14:31 NetHead

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 19, 2017, 10:18:
Huh. I figured wreckfest was dead. They update it infrequently, and it's always something underwhelming like "we touched up one of the tracks!", then no updates for another two months. There's still very very little to the game - what you see in the video looks like they keep showing footage back and forthr between two tracks, and that's pretty much the long and short of it.

Sadly, the tech demo "world" was WAY more fun, so they're making a separate game that plays like it. I'd love to say I was interested, but at this point I'd rather just have the game I backed finished first.

It's pretty ridiculous how they haven't completed that and working on some kind of addon by now, it's been like 4-5 years?

So often when I've seen some of the madness and destruction in Wreckfest I can't help thinking how much fun it could be if they went for a Carmageddon 1 style gameplay. Some open maps with courses across them, maybe throw in some peds and powerups, possibly some normal cars cruising around. Unleash the player and racers and let chaos ensue.

With solid modding support who knows where players will take it from there.

Wreckfest looks fun, but also seems tiresome just doing laps, even if those laps are user made. They've put so much work into the destruction but not really a fun environment to do the destruction.

Just thinking now. After all this time I don't think they deserve any more support on this, they need to get their crap together. Using ancient footage to rehash their same old crap to drum up support yet again, no thanks. They need to either scrap it or abandon it, release as is and move on. Or get a publisher to fund them making something out of it, which I doubt will happen since having nothing but destruction rally on different tracks is hardly going to get publishers to offer much.

4. Re: It Came from E3, Part 12 Jun 19, 2017, 14:29 eRe4s3r

Icewind wrote on Jun 19, 2017, 12:06:
I was interested in that E3 security article, but I moused-over the URL and it shows it's from Polygon, so I didn't bother. There's more "spin" on that site than every cable news network combined.

Well, it's about people who walked into the event without passes nor checked backpacks.. so yeah, 0 security. Doesn't need any spin, you either got security that works 100%, or you got no security.

3. Re: It Came from E3, Part 12 Jun 19, 2017, 12:06 Icewind

I was interested in that E3 security article, but I moused-over the URL and it shows it's from Polygon, so I didn't bother. There's more "spin" on that site than every cable news network combined.  

2. Re: It Came from E3, Part 12 Jun 19, 2017, 10:39 Darks

Seriously!!!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: It Came from E3, Part 12 Jun 19, 2017, 10:18 HoSpanky

Huh. I figured wreckfest was dead. They update it infrequently, and it's always something underwhelming like "we touched up one of the tracks!", then no updates for another two months. There's still very very little to the game - what you see in the video looks like they keep showing footage back and forthr between two tracks, and that's pretty much the long and short of it.

Sadly, the tech demo "world" was WAY more fun, so they're making a separate game that plays like it. I'd love to say I was interested, but at this point I'd rather just have the game I backed finished first.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo