Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Hardware Reviews

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 20, 2017, 00:58 El Pit

The i7 7820x looks VERY interesting to me. I will wait for Threadripper and decide then.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 19, 2017, 13:08 Ozmodan

Intel's I9's are literally silicon junk. Not only do they run ridiculously hot, when you add in the cost of the high priced new motherboards you have an enthusiasts nightmare. The major hit on the new motherboards, while they have all the parts for the high end chips, most of the lower end chips cannot use them, but you still have to pay for it.

This has to one of the worst marketing moves Intel has ever made. Rumor has it they are going to release the next generation of chips early. So if you are building a system avoid the I9's!

Just got an order to build some new workstations for a client, when I showed her the price difference between I9s and 1800x version her eyes popped out.

1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 19, 2017, 12:45 Simon Says

7740X slower than 7700K, consumes more power ( cpu specific, not including platform ). Ouch.
7900X consumes 100% more power than 1800X, only 30% faster. Double ouch.

Both running very hot with low-perf TIM.

AMD could have a win if threadripper @ 12 cores is the same performance as Intel 10 cores with less power usage.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo