Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge

Techland announces plans to support Dying Light with the release than no fewer than 10 free DLC packs a span of 12 months that will begin later this year. There is actually an 11th free pack in the plan, but this will come before the clock starts on this one-year plan. As they explain it, "The first new content for Dying Light - labelled Content Drop #0 - will launch for free in the coming weeks with the focus on new enemies. This Drop #0 is a taste of the new things coming to the game, before the '10 free DLCs in 12 months' campaign fully launches later this year." Here is further word from the developer on the plan:
Almost three years after the original Dying Light was released, about half a million people still play the game every week. In the very first months on the market in 2015, the weekly numbers were around 700 000. This shows that our community is still huge, active, and craving for more. Not a single day passes without requests for new weapons, outfits, and quests. In the face of such enthusiasm and engagement, we cannot keep quiet. Today Iím happy to announce Techlandís continuous support for Dying Light.

Original content is already in the works and our fans can expect to face new challenging enemies, master new gameplay mechanics, solve more Harran mysteries, and even explore never-seen-before locations. This translates to ten pieces of DLC in the first twelve months of our continuous support - available free for all players, across all platforms.

Continuous support means also more updates, gameplay tweaks, and community events. As we firmly believe in active collaboration between the design team and players, we hope this announcement will encourage our fans to share their thoughts, stories, and ideas about how we can improve their experience even more.

As always we are all ears,
Paweł Marchewka,
Techland CEO
View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 16, 2017, 20:58 NewMaxx

Nullity wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 14:05:
Dead Island was ok, but Dying Light was amazing, except for the weapon degradation. That is such an awful game mechanic that just needs to stop being used, period.

I kind of hate that, too. I don't have a Switch or anything but when I heard the new Zelda game had that mechanic I just groaned...

To be absolutely fair, though, once you get the crafting upgrades in Dying Light and start making the better weapons, degradation is a non-issue. Seriously. I ended up giving away my weapons to my co-op partners because by the time they were 50% degraded I had access to significantly more powerful weapons anyway. This happens pretty quickly especially in your 2nd+ playthroughs, it's a non-issue. (I still dislike the mechanic though)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 16, 2017, 20:54 NewMaxx

FloorPie wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 02:14:
The intro also annoyed the hell out of me. I think it took me 1.5 hours to get through all of it just to be able to do co-op.

You can thankfully skip this part, now, which was a nice change.

I have a funny story about it. On my second play-through we added another co-op friend who has the tendency to be tired/drunk a lot and he was struggling with certain parts of the intro. I decided to do it for him over TeamViewer - yes, seriously - and during this process he feel asleep (we could hear him snoring over TS). Anyway, I also streamed to the other co-op players via Steam (remotely on this guy's computer), but the keyboard inputs didn't work right over TV so I had to rebind to a controller etc...long story short this guy couldn't pass the intro so I had to do it with massive latency over TeamViewer whilst being watched on a stream using non-default rebinds. It ranks up there as one of my "legendary" gaming moments as doing parkour with multi-second lag on random keys while people reacted on a 12-second stream delay, all of it dovetailed with incessant snoring as I myself was drunk/falling asleep...

Needless to say, when we added another friend on our 3rd playthrough, being able to skip the intro for everybody was a HUGE plus.

16. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 16, 2017, 20:20 HorrorScope

Do these mods work with multiplayer co-op?

Yes, play no VAC, but each side has to have the exact mods loaded.

15. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 16, 2017, 19:06 Agent-Zero

i feel like they toned it down in a patch... i havent had to mod it and there is always plenty of shit to repair it with.. ive always found numerous far better weapons before a favorite degrades  

14. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 16, 2017, 14:05 Nullity

Dead Island was ok, but Dying Light was amazing, except for the weapon degradation. That is such an awful game mechanic that just needs to stop being used, period. I hacked that shit out immediately, since there weren't any mods in the beginning (co-op only, I didn't play multiplayer, nor would I ever do anything that would be considered a cheat). Made the game much more enjoyable.

13. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 16, 2017, 13:38 Yosemite Sam

Sweet, great game, glad to see some more work is going to be put into it... and yay for more events! Cant wait to spend a weekend drop kicking zombies across the map!  

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

12. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 16, 2017, 07:45 Acleacius

Do these mods work with multiplayer co-op? A friend really likes the game and its ok playing it with others but the weapons degrade and lock picking to some extent just got damn tedious. I lost a really nice weapon once because I dared to respawn after a lame death. Some of the jumping puzzles drove me to finally quit about 6 hours in.

The intro also annoyed the hell out of me. I think it took me 1.5 hours to get through all of it just to be able to do co-op.
Just don't join a VAC server.

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 16, 2017, 03:45 El Pit

I LOVE this game. I enjoyed Dead Island pretty much, but Dying Light was absolutely fantastic. Good to see Techland support its game even years after release. New enemies? New gameplay mechanics? I am in. I will start a new playthrough after all dlcs have been released. Thanks for the freebies, Techland!  

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

10. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 16, 2017, 02:14 FloorPie

Do these mods work with multiplayer co-op? A friend really likes the game and its ok playing it with others but the weapons degrade and lock picking to some extent just got damn tedious. I lost a really nice weapon once because I dared to respawn after a lame death. Some of the jumping puzzles drove me to finally quit about 6 hours in.

9. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 16, 2017, 00:09 HorrorScope

I think it is possible they are working on a sequel and the DLC is a smaller group and don't know the ambitions of the DLC. Yes to everyone talking about mods, there are many that can tweak the game to ones liking.  

8. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 16, 2017, 00:00 Rigs

My god...they did it. They brought it back again! I thought they were done with DL! Especially after that horrid ending to The Following, I figured it was a huge middle-finger-we're-working-on-something-else-we're-tired-of-this-shit kind of send-off. Seriously, that ending...I'm still in shock at how horrible it is. Not in a good way, mind. It's terrible, from a gameplay perspective but also from a plot/story/character perspective! I won't give it away, though I should given how bad it is, but I really, really hope one of these DLC's is something like Mass Effect 3's ending rewrite. Geezus...

Anyway, this game stayed with me for a long, long time. I even read the book that went with it (called 'Nightmare Row', I highly recommend it, though I warn it's sad and has a sad ending...then again, you zombie nutters like that kind of shit, so go for it!). When I heard The Following was coming out, I about died! But I really thought they'd be working on DL2 by now and was kinda hoping that they'd maybe say something about it at E3. Instead we have this. So does that mean we get DLC for a year and they're working on a sequel in the meantime or....?

As for the game mechanics, there are a few mods that take some of the tedium out of the game, like the lock-picking. I rather kinda like it. It makes you anxious while you're trying to get that damn 'Extra Hard' lock open while some zombies are moanin' about. (Since it doesn't pause like Fallout3/4 does when you do it) More of a 'survival' thing, I guess. And the weapon durability I think is ok. In the beginning, when you're not used to the game and you're used to having the same weapon through a whole game, Doom-style, it would throw you off some. It would feel like it's always breaking. But once you get into the game and get used to it, it feels right. You typically get three repairs for every weapon (and buggy part in The Following), so usually 2-3 upgrade slots along with 2-3 mods (like electricity, bleeding, bludgeoning, fire). Plus weapons are color-coded to rarity. Toward the end of The Following, I would typically have 600-700 'damage capable' weapons and then with mods and upgrades, I could get it to around or a little over 1000. With that, it would usually only take a swipe or two to down a regular walker. And don't worry about finding replacements, there's a machete or pipe or board around every fucking corner! I even used a mod that stopped the Volatiles from frenzying whenever you made a loud noise, like with a gun or grenade. Now that got old!

I guess I can be happy that at least they haven't abandoned Dying Light and maybe since they know it's still a big hit, Techland will be working on a sequel...

=-Rigs-=

7. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 15, 2017, 23:33 LittleMe

Awesome. Disabled headbob last night and played the game for the first time in a long while. It's a great game. I agree the looting animation becomes painful and the weapons degrade far far too quickly. I also preferred Dead Island to DL but of course DL is better in many ways. I'm excited for the franchise and that Techland is focusing on it and hopefully an even better sequel.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

6. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 15, 2017, 21:47 HorrorScope

MajorD wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 21:11:
Best FPS Campaign CoOp game ever made! It is better to play the campaign with 1 to 3 other people, as Techland did a great job coordinating that. Other developers should go to school on it.

The wearing out of melee weapons didn't bother me, as there are so many different ones to pick up, along with scrap materials to repair them with.

Yeah this is a good one and getting more is good to.

5. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 15, 2017, 21:39 NetHead

ItBurn wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 20:54:
I wish I liked this game. I loved Dead Island, but I just can't get into this one. It's too grindy, there's too much backtracking and I hate the entire weapon system. You feel bad for using weapons and using them is almost useless anyway because they break almost instantly. I gave it 11 hours, so I think I gave it a fair shot.

It is quite grindy, the worst thing is having to open containers with a damned animation for every single one. Shoot me now, please. What idiot though that was a good idea, but the time you're done with the game I wouldn't be surprised if you've spent and hour+ starting at his hands opening containers. FFS.

Though that is the worst thing about the game and it does have the sin of QTEs in a few places.

Otherwise great game and as for the grind of looting things I'd suggest not doing it. Sure gather a few things at the start but don't go crazy, once you've been to enough areas you'll know good places to get some things (like a clinic for medical supplies etc). The game becomes a lot more enjoyable once you stop trying to loot every single container you see.

Also there is a mod that removes almost all lock-picking, this might sound cheat like but trust me, if the staring at hands and opening animations for every freaking container sounds catatonia inducing you want to get it. I was really good at the lock-picking and it was still a godsend. A mod to remove opening animations would be even better though.

Don't worry about weapons breaking, just keep some spare (1 spare is enough later on), don't be stingy with adding mods to the nice ones and don't hold onto the nice ones thinking you'll use them later.

I'd also ignore all the parkour challenges, you'll be doing more than enough of that already, and the grappling hook makes moving around much faster so storm through the storyline until you get it.

Otherwise as far as open-world, map-marker games go, it's probably the best. Just force yourself to avoid the grind/time traps or it will take ages and may get boring.

4. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 15, 2017, 21:11 MajorD

Best FPS Campaign CoOp game ever made! It is better to play the campaign with 1 to 3 other people, as Techland did a great job coordinating that. Other developers should go to school on it.

The wearing out of melee weapons didn't bother me, as there are so many different ones to pick up, along with scrap materials to repair them with.

Still counting...

3. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 15, 2017, 21:02 Agent-Zero

not sure when the last time you played it.. but there are plenty of mods to remove/change weapon deterioration .. as well as tons of other shit

mechanically in terms of player control its fucking bad ass - by far the best FPS melee game out there.. im not really a fan of zombies but whatever, i'll put up with it since everything else is great

although i really wish they would just take this engine and make a proper RPG game with it - without the fucking zombies

2. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 15, 2017, 20:58 Dentorro

Maybe I should give it another try, although the weapon breaking thing is really annoying, logged around 4 hours in it so far, maybe once I'm done with my 2nd playtrough of the witcher 3.  

1. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 15, 2017, 20:54 ItBurn

I wish I liked this game. I loved Dead Island, but I just can't get into this one. It's too grindy, there's too much backtracking and I hate the entire weapon system. You feel bad for using weapons and using them is almost useless anyway because they break almost instantly. I gave it 11 hours, so I think I gave it a fair shot.  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >