Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge

Techland announces plans to support Dying Light with the release than no fewer than 10 free DLC packs a span of 12 months that will begin later this year. There is actually an 11th free pack in the plan, but this will come before the clock starts on this one-year plan. As they explain it, "The first new content for Dying Light - labelled Content Drop #0 - will launch for free in the coming weeks with the focus on new enemies. This Drop #0 is a taste of the new things coming to the game, before the '10 free DLCs in 12 months' campaign fully launches later this year." Here is further word from the developer on the plan:
Almost three years after the original Dying Light was released, about half a million people still play the game every week. In the very first months on the market in 2015, the weekly numbers were around 700 000. This shows that our community is still huge, active, and craving for more. Not a single day passes without requests for new weapons, outfits, and quests. In the face of such enthusiasm and engagement, we cannot keep quiet. Today I’m happy to announce Techland’s continuous support for Dying Light.

Original content is already in the works and our fans can expect to face new challenging enemies, master new gameplay mechanics, solve more Harran mysteries, and even explore never-seen-before locations. This translates to ten pieces of DLC in the first twelve months of our continuous support - available free for all players, across all platforms.

Continuous support means also more updates, gameplay tweaks, and community events. As we firmly believe in active collaboration between the design team and players, we hope this announcement will encourage our fans to share their thoughts, stories, and ideas about how we can improve their experience even more.

As always we are all ears,
Paweł Marchewka,
Techland CEO
View : : :

Re: Skull & Bones Announced
Jun 16, 2017, 00:00
Rigs

Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 16, 2017, 00:00
Jun 16, 2017, 00:00
 Rigs

My god...they did it. They brought it back again! I thought they were done with DL! Especially after that horrid ending to The Following, I figured it was a huge middle-finger-we're-working-on-something-else-we're-tired-of-this-shit kind of send-off. Seriously, that ending...I'm still in shock at how horrible it is. Not in a good way, mind. It's terrible, from a gameplay perspective but also from a plot/story/character perspective! I won't give it away, though I should given how bad it is, but I really, really hope one of these DLC's is something like Mass Effect 3's ending rewrite. Geezus...

Anyway, this game stayed with me for a long, long time. I even read the book that went with it (called 'Nightmare Row', I highly recommend it, though I warn it's sad and has a sad ending...then again, you zombie nutters like that kind of shit, so go for it!). When I heard The Following was coming out, I about died! But I really thought they'd be working on DL2 by now and was kinda hoping that they'd maybe say something about it at E3. Instead we have this. So does that mean we get DLC for a year and they're working on a sequel in the meantime or....?

As for the game mechanics, there are a few mods that take some of the tedium out of the game, like the lock-picking. I rather kinda like it. It makes you anxious while you're trying to get that damn 'Extra Hard' lock open while some zombies are moanin' about. (Since it doesn't pause like Fallout3/4 does when you do it) More of a 'survival' thing, I guess. And the weapon durability I think is ok. In the beginning, when you're not used to the game and you're used to having the same weapon through a whole game, Doom-style, it would throw you off some. It would feel like it's always breaking. But once you get into the game and get used to it, it feels right. You typically get three repairs for every weapon (and buggy part in The Following), so usually 2-3 upgrade slots along with 2-3 mods (like electricity, bleeding, bludgeoning, fire). Plus weapons are color-coded to rarity. Toward the end of The Following, I would typically have 600-700 'damage capable' weapons and then with mods and upgrades, I could get it to around or a little over 1000. With that, it would usually only take a swipe or two to down a regular walker. And don't worry about finding replacements, there's a machete or pipe or board around every fucking corner! I even used a mod that stopped the Volatiles from frenzying whenever you made a loud noise, like with a gun or grenade. Now that got old!

I guess I can be happy that at least they haven't abandoned Dying Light and maybe since they know it's still a big hit, Techland will be working on a sequel...

=-Rigs-=
Date
Subject
Author
Jun 15, 2017Jun 15 2017
Jun 15, 2017Jun 15 2017
Jun 15, 2017Jun 15 2017
Jun 15, 2017Jun 15 2017
Jun 16, 2017Jun 16 2017
 Re: Skull & Bones Announced
Jun 16, 2017Jun 16 2017
Jun 16, 2017Jun 16 2017