Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2 in October

Activision announces an October 24th release date for the PC edition of Destiny 2, saying PC beta testing of Bungie's shooter sequel is destined to begin in August. The console versions will launch on September 6th, but as was previously announced the PC will trail this "global launch." They are also now offering preorders on the Blizzard Shop, though there are no incentives to counterbalance the disincentive of buying something sight unseen. In case all this seems to PC-centric, this new trailer shows off timed exclusive PlayStation 4 content, and there's also a new Our Darkest Hour E3 2017 trailer. Here are some details outlining a complicated hierarchy of exclusives that must have kept a team of lawyers pretty busy:

Bungie and Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), announced the early launch date for Destiny 2 on PlayStation®4, and Xbox One (PlayStation®Plus or Xbox Live Gold subscription, respectively, required for significant features, and beta access) scheduled for September 6. The PC version launch date is scheduled for October 24 and is now available to pre-order via Battle.net®, Blizzard Entertainment's online gaming service. Debuted during the E3 Sony Press Conference was Destiny 2's latest cinematic story trailer "Our Darkest Hour" featuring the ominous villain, Dominus Ghaul. The Destiny 2 console beta early access period for PlayStation 4 players who pre-ordered the game will begin July 18 at 10am PDT, while early access for Xbox One players who pre-ordered will begin on July 19 at 10am PDT. Following the pre-order early access period, the Destiny 2 console beta will open up to all PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players on July 21 at 10am PDT and will conclude at 9pm PDT on July 23. The PC beta kick off is planned for late August. Further details on the PC beta to come soon.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 14, 2017, 06:14 Avus

I definitely PREFER the PC version release later than the console version. Specially for an ONLINE only game that not support dedicated servers! The last 2 MP only games that not support dedicated server (R6 Siege and For Honor) really gave me a lot of bad experience.  

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 14, 2017, 03:09 jdreyer

So, uh, serious question:

When did Warhammer 40K invade the Destiny universe? And why are the Space Marines the bad guys?

Stay a while, and listen.

22. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 14, 2017, 02:20 Numinar

Oh Bungie you filthy minx. It's like you know what my brain wants to see. I'm thinking PC copy pre-order, and if it works out a second PS4 and two copies for that platform for Fireteaming up with the daughter. Hundreds of hours of value from the last one even if I didn't keep up with the expansions.

A wonderful game that made reasonable compromises to the Halo sandbox in the name of nailing network/co-op friendliness. It's starting to look like the cinematic and vehicle play at least are returning to form. Don't fuck this up.

21. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 21:59 CJ_Parker

Darks wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 15:49:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 14:38:
heres what it looks like on PC at 4K 60fps..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LsvPVk5eH4

btw youtube had some trouble streaming it to me at 4k - at first i thought it was the game, but then i lowered to 2k and it was buttery smooth

i dunno.. seems like an ok, mindless FPS game with loot drops.. i do like that Halo style gunplay and its been a good long while since I played one

i wonder if there will be some $40-ish deals on this...

Yes, its called CDkey.com currently sitting at 41 dollars. if that doesn't peak your interest I have no idea what will.

What "peaks my interest" is showing some spine and sticking to some basic principles where I do not reward them maggots with a preorder for a delayed PC release of their casual garbage microtransaction shitfest of a game.

Y'know... just an idea. You don't have to preorder every AAA hype. You really don't. That behavior is reserved for sheeple and lemmings but not everyone wants to be one of those critters.

20. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 19:28 RedEye9

But I know a guy who pointed at Europe on a map and bought an airline ticket for a good deal from Southwest Airlines once. genius

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality
http://spaf.cerias.purdue.edu/quotes.html

19. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 19:21 Darks

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 18:29:

btw youtube had some trouble streaming it to me at 4k - at first i thought it was the game, but then i lowered to 2k and it was buttery smooth

i dunno.. seems like an ok, mindless FPS game with loot drops.. i do like that Halo style gunplay and its been a good long while since I played one

Yes, its called CDkey.com currently sitting at 41 dollars. if that doesn't peak your interest I have no idea what will.

and its region locked for Europe, genius

Hey you asked, I posted. and I'm not a mind reader so how am I supposed to know if you live here or in the EU?

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

18. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 18:29 Agent-Zero

and its region locked for Europe, genius

17. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 18:19 Ozmodan

Yeah you get spoiled not having to use a controller on these games.

I will probably pick it up, several friends are going to play it on console, but much rather wait for the PC version.

16. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 17:20 VaranDragon

Ugh, that controller gameplay is unwatchable. Fuck that.  

15. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 16:08 Frijoles

Looks pretty. Fuck that controller movement though. Hope they get the controls right for the PC. That's usually my biggest issue with ports. NOT ALL OF US ARE ON WASD! ESDF master race unite!

14. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 15:49 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

13. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 14:38 Agent-Zero

12. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 14:25 4D-Boxing

LittleMe wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 13:55:
PC is a much larger market and there's more money here too. However Destiny has its home on the consoles and yes QA is easier on consoles. It will likely be a dumbed down console game so don't get your panties all bunched up over it. Isn't Warframe the better game?

I believe the person is saying that PC Gaming is a smaller market. Yes, PC is a larger market in terms of machines in the hands of people. PC vs Console thing ended when i was a kid so 80s. Atari 2600 sealed the deal.

Not getting my hopes up about this game, not sure it's for me. May skip this just like I skipped stuff like TF2, overwatch etc...

11. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 14:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

thestryker wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 14:08:
Personally I don't care about a delay because who cares, it's not like anyone loses anything because of it. What I do care about, and honestly I won't be buying this game because of it, is the 1 year (might be more as there is still ps exclusive in destiny) exclusivity on actual game content. It's very disappointing to see gaming outlets largely ignoring it as if it's acceptable. A strike, pvp arena, weapon and potentially more are being held for ps4 exclusive for a year. This is bullshit by any measure as that means you're paying to subsidize the ps4 players content. This is the most poisonous exclusive I've ever seen or heard of in any multiplatform game.

This is my main concern. If this actually ends up being how it plays out, with PC people waiting 1year+ for content, forget it.

10. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 14:08 thestryker

Personally I don't care about a delay because who cares, it's not like anyone loses anything because of it. What I do care about, and honestly I won't be buying this game because of it, is the 1 year (might be more as there is still ps exclusive in destiny) exclusivity on actual game content. It's very disappointing to see gaming outlets largely ignoring it as if it's acceptable. A strike, pvp arena, weapon and potentially more are being held for ps4 exclusive for a year. This is bullshit by any measure as that means you're paying to subsidize the ps4 players content. This is the most poisonous exclusive I've ever seen or heard of in any multiplatform game.  

9. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 13:55 LittleMe

PC is a much larger market and there's more money here too. However Destiny has its home on the consoles and yes QA is easier on consoles. It will likely be a dumbed down console game so don't get your panties all bunched up over it. Isn't Warframe the better game?  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

8. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 13:47 Agent-Zero

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 13:22:
I feel this is a problem that time has forgot. What does it matter a month or so? Is someone out there jonesing that hard for a new same-type game these days? Is anyone that into destiny 2 that they just can't wait? Are there many out there in a big hurry to drop $60 on this?

not really... people just love to get angry so they can say shit like 'GET CANCER!!" ... happens all the time, no big deal

7. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 13:22 HorrorScope

I feel this is a problem that time has forgot. What does it matter a month or so? Is someone out there jonesing that hard for a new same-type game these days? Is anyone that into destiny 2 that they just can't wait? Are there many out there in a big hurry to drop $60 on this? Saturation, back logs and free time just makes this whatever.  

6. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 13:09 HoSpanky

Flatline wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 12:28:
Yeah. Money is the reason. You're more likely to get the game on a platform that your friends are on, and there's more money to be made, and a larger market, on consoles.

Sorry, Alamar's got the real answer here. Consoles are easier to code for, versus people and their Frankenstein computers. QC is just simpler for consoles.

Or would you rather it came out the same day as console and...just didn't work on AMD cards, or something like that?

5. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 12:34 Sempai

Dear Acti-Bungo-Bliz. Will your exclusivity bullshit deals affect new PC customers coming in?

Sincerely Get Cancer.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo