Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 5 Trailer

Here's the E3 2017 trailer from Far Cry 5, debuting gameplay from the next installment in the shooter series (thanks Hypothermia). There's more on the game on UbiBlog, where they outline details about extra ways to spend money on the game with collector's editions and a season pass. Here's word:

On February 27, Far Cry 5 will give you the chance to build a resistance and save Hope County, Montana, from the predations of fanatical doomsday cult The Project at Eden’s Gate. And when it arrives, fans on the hunt for collectibles can snag a collector’s edition packed with exclusive items designed to evoke Hope County – along with the game and its Season Pass.

The Hope County, MT Collector’s Case is available for pre-order exclusively from the Ubisoft Store. In addition to the Gold Edition of Far Cry 5 – which includes the Season Pass for access to future expansions, as well as a Digital Deluxe Pack that adds new vehicles, weapons, and outfits – the Collector’s Case includes a Deer Skull Trophy that measures 17.72 inches (45cm) wide, an exclusive Steelbook case, the official Far Cry 5 soundtrack, and a double-sided tourist map of Hope County.

Far Cry 5 will be available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC on February 27, with enhancements for Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. For more on Far Cry 5 and the rest of Ubisoft’s E3 lineup, keep your eye on UbiBlog.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 09:39 SpectralMeat

I didn't care much for the last 2 Far Cry games but this one looks interesting.
I'll keep an eye on it.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 01:30 Quinn

Acleacius wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 20:02:

Violent white supremacists, have caused more deaths from terrorism than any other group, by three fold.

That highly depends on when you chose to start counting, buddy. I see no reason why you should defend the current day source of terrorism, because when we talk about the NOW, that's pretty clear and it's a problem that will not be solved by dialogue killers like that.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

21. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 14, 2017, 20:02 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 03:20:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 02:32:
Quinn wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 01:51:
Curious why we can't just call the police in FC5 btw. We could use some proper police brutality!
The Sheriff is in on it, at least that's the way it is in RL. Remember the Sheriff who was protecting the bundy asshats? Probably what this is an allusion to and based on.

Or the sheriff who couldn't really go up against 100 rifle-totin' hicks with his 2 part timers.
You must be thinking of a different Sheriff and Bundies. The one I'm talking about was using his office and position to stop investigations. The federal investations didn't show any evidence he was being manipulated against his will.

Violent white supremacists, have caused more deaths from terrorism than any other group, by three fold.

Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.

20. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 14, 2017, 03:20 jdreyer

Acleacius wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 02:32:
Curious why we can't just call the police in FC5 btw. We could use some proper police brutality!
The Sheriff is in on it, at least that's the way it is in RL. Remember the Sheriff who was protecting the bundy asshats? Probably what this is an allusion to and based on.

Or the sheriff who couldn't really go up against 100 rifle-totin' hicks with his 2 part timers.

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.
Would you like to know more?

19. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 14, 2017, 03:17 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 13:25:
Laying waste to violent fundamentalist religious nutjobs? SIGN ME UP!

I appreciate that they chose fundamentalist Americans as the bad guys. I don't think that's been done before, and I think it's pretty bold.

18. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 14, 2017, 03:14 jdreyer

Xero wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 12:36:
The muzzle flashes need some serious work still.

I heard they'll be importing the muzzle flashes from Farcry: Primal

17. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 14, 2017, 02:44 Atomica

I'm sure there will be police in Far Cry 5, probably corrupt like Acleacius suggested but perhaps some good ones. It's too obvious a plot point to ignore.

Looking forward to the game, but definitely not a day-one purchase. Surprised people still do those given the number of disappointments (technical and otherwise) we've had in gaming these days.

16. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 14, 2017, 02:32 Acleacius

15. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 14, 2017, 01:51 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

14. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 14, 2017, 00:22 Acleacius

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 18:25:
What's with the over saturated, HDR looking visuals? The other trailers looked normal, this looks like crap.
My guess was it was a console concession. Playing CooP in an Open World game is going to take more RAM/Memory. At some point the console game has just raise it's hands and say fuck it, were are not as good as a PC.

13. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 18:25 BIGtrouble77

What's with the over saturated, HDR looking visuals? The other trailers looked normal, this looks like crap.

12. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 18:22 Quinn

My Far Cry Primal review from a while back:

https://youtu.be/5AlTUD5icIY

I'm looking forward to Far Cry 5 immensely. I just love the setting and the religious zealots you can fuck up. Also readying up with popcorn for the absolute controversy hell this game will get when the people who love to play victim get wind of this.

Love the dog. Love the companions. Love evrything. They won't reinvent the wheel with this game but they'll sure as fuck make it roll better.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

11. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 16:45 Cutter

Won't even spring for John Lee Hooker's Boom Boom? That does not bode well.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

10. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 16:25 Beamer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 14:20:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 13:51:
some of the stuff they are talking about in terms of changes already happened with FC: Primal, but nobody played it so they dont know any better..

I think most of bluesnews skipped Far Cry Primal, I know I did. Far Cry 5 looks pretty good regardless, so it's going on the sale list. I'm thinking under $20 maybe, under $10 for sure.

FC5 is a day one buy for me.

Primal would be under $10, for sure, but anytime I look it's $30. Haven't looked since like January, but still...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 16:20 Acleacius

So wait, ubi finally got off their asses and built Coop Full Story mode, the only change fans have been asking for since Far Cry 1?

Fucking Hallelujah! Party2

8. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 14:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 13:51:
some of the stuff they are talking about in terms of changes already happened with FC: Primal, but nobody played it so they dont know any better..

I think most of bluesnews skipped Far Cry Primal, I know I did. Far Cry 5 looks pretty good regardless, so it's going on the sale list. I'm thinking under $20 maybe, under $10 for sure.

7. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 13:51 Agent-Zero

6. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 13:25 Burrito of Peace

Laying waste to violent fundamentalist religious nutjobs? SIGN ME UP!  

5. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 12:36 Xero

The muzzle flashes need some serious work still.  

Currently playing: Counter Strike Go, The Witcher 3, Shadow Tactics

4. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 12:36 NetHead

Very well done and thought out trailer/teaser.  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo