Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

State of Decay 2 Next Spring

The State of Decay 2 website now offers the E3 2017 trailer for State of Decay 2, showing off the upcoming zombie sequel in four full Ks of resolutions (thanks Acleacius). The clip shows off survivors running from zombies, which seems to inevitably lead to running into more zombies. It also narrows the game's release window, saying it's due in spring 2018. Here's the description:

Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive. 18 months after the zombie apocalypse, the military abandons a refugee camp in small-town America. Those left behind must band together to survive the fall of civilization and the rise of the undead. In State of Decay 2, its up to you to gather survivors, build a community, and redefine what it means to survive.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 13, 2017, 08:22 Darks

Prez wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 05:10:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 00:16:
Darks wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 21:16:
fucking knew they would make this Shit 10 exclusive. Fuck U M$

+1

I had no idea they were that Fning Stupid. They will lose 40% of their sales minimum.

From the FAQ:

Q: What about Steam?
A: Stay tuned well have more to share in the future.

Of course it might still require Windows 10

I highly doubt it Prez, M$ wants to shove that garbage OS down everyone's throats. Remember that other FPS title a while back that was Win 10 exclusive but the devs pulled out of their market and released a win 7 version?

That about the only way this game will ever see steam.

Trust me on this one!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 13, 2017, 06:46 Acleacius

Actually Beamer there's a really good mod that fixes things like alarms. QMJS Extended Functions Mod-V2.01 YOSE is one of the highest rated mods and there's a non YOSE version. I still have the original version, iirc most people agree the YOSE introduced bugs and runs poorly.

Don't get me wrong Prez, I really played the crap out of it. My Steam account says 143 hours and CooP is the perfect option. As you mentioned, win 10 exclusives have been on Steam before. They will probably add it for all PCs but it's just idiotic for them to keep up this constant market manipulation trying to force people to buy their consoles. Some it not most share holders must be aware of the great profit loss of doing exclusives and pushing away at least 40% of your not only your sales but customers too. Hell, iirc State of Decay is the only m$ game I've bought in more than 10 years, out of protest.

Its a sad day for America when people believe women, The Drumpf

9. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 13, 2017, 05:10 Prez

Acleacius wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 00:16:

+1

I had no idea they were that Fning Stupid. They will lose 40% of their sales minimum.

From the FAQ:

Q: What about Steam?
A: Stay tuned well have more to share in the future.

Of course it might still require Windows 10

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 13, 2017, 04:35 LittleMe

isodemo exclusive.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

7. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 13, 2017, 01:20 HorrorScope

Game was great, adding co-op is a great move. Will be one of the few co-op survival games that is finished and has a story.  

6. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 13, 2017, 01:01 Beamer

Yifes wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 22:13:
The first game had a lot of flaws but was still quite enjoyable. Looking forward to this.

I didn't get far before the flaws did me in. Part of it was just not liking the combat. Things were clunky, and it was a game where a minor error due to controls could ruin a nice run, what with permadeath and all. Horror survival games seem to make clunky controls a feature, and I'm never for it.

Beyond that, permadeath isn't fun for me if a game takes more than a handful of hours. If something is made to be replayed, I'd like to be able to do a full run in 4-6 hours tops.

Lastly, the alarm bug destroyed it for me. I'm sure it's patched, but at the time alarms going off constantly were annoying - the completionist in me wanted to respond to them all, and it was hard to tell which to avoid. Bug, probably patched.

In all I put in maybe 6 hours on the 360? I am complaining, largely because it isn't the genre for me (make it more about action than survival and I'd have adored it), but the 6 hours I put in were actually a lot for the genre. And the first few hours were played with a huge "wow, I can't believe this!" grin on my face.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 13, 2017, 00:16 Acleacius

+1

Its a sad day for America when people believe women, The Drumpf

4. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 13, 2017, 00:10 maddog

Prez wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 22:26:
I LOVED the first one. It ticked all my boxes for an open-world survival Zombapocalypse game.

I feel exactly the same way. Some stuff annoyed me but overall I enjoyed it quite a bit. I wish they went more into cities with this one but I will be sure to pick it up.

I tried 7 Days to Die and thought that was just miserable.

3. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 12, 2017, 22:26 Prez

I LOVED the first one. It ticked all my boxes for an open-world survival Zombapocalypse game.  

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 12, 2017, 22:13 Yifes

The first game had a lot of flaws but was still quite enjoyable. Looking forward to this.  

1. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 12, 2017, 21:16 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo