Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Anthem Gameplay Trailer

A new trailer from Anthem reveals the first look at gameplay from BioWare's just-announced action/RPG sequel. They also offer a new official press release with more details:

Today, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) gave the world its first look at Anthem™, the brand-new IP being created by BioWare. Anthem is a shared-world action-RPG, where players can delve into a vast world teeming with amazing technology and forgotten treasures. The world is also filled with savage beasts and ruthless marauders where Freelancers are called to defeat the forces plotting to conquer humanity.

“Our developers at BioWare have been creating something special," said Patrick Soderlund, Executive Vice President of EA Worldwide Studios. “We’re pushing Frostbite to new heights, developing a game unlike anything EA has ever made before. We’re telling a new story, creating a social, co-operative experience, and putting it in a contiguous open world that is dynamic and will be ever-changing for years to come."

In Anthem, up to four friends can unravel the world’s mysteries and take on its most fearsome challenges together. Shared danger means shared glory, and successful Freelancers will all be richly rewarded for successful exploits. Throughout their adventure, players can outfit their Freelancers with powerful Javelin exosuits, each of which are equipped with unique weapons and abilities. Players can also customize their Javelin with gear they earn and craft throughout the adventure, and leave a lasting mark on the world.

Those who want to learn more about Anthem are encouraged to check out the official website, and sign up for the Anthem newsletter to be the first to receive new details about the game.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 06:18 Asmodai

ItBurn wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 17:09:
I don't think I was a cunt. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for Anthem. But, this doesn't look like a Bioware game and this trailer is mostly BS. I don't like BS and lies.

Heh, I wasn't explicitly calling you a cunt, but I'm starting to get fatigued with people (again, not explicitly you shitting all over a product based on, admittedly, a trend of overselling in the trailers/early gameplay and failing to deliver. Similar to the absolute shellacking KS gets, when it has actually delivered some quality titles that otherwise might not have been realised.

Sure, staged gameplay doesn't really tell the whole story, but I'm cautiously optimistic and generally looking forward to the title. It would be a nice change to escape from the unrelenting negativity which is based as much on crystal ball gazing as unbridled enthusiasm.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 22:58 Darks

Beamer wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 21:40:
It's absolutely real gameplay. But half the systems aren't built yet and the environments are limited to what we're seeing. They hope to keep graphical fidelity as they increase things that take resources by optimizing, but it won't happen. And, during crunch, God knows what gets cut.

But walk into bioware today and that build is absolutely playable as is.

Thank you Beamer, I'm not going to sit here and spill lies t everyone. I do indeed have a good friend who worked on that demo. Hes completely stressed out because they were under a lot of pressure to get that done.

He confirmed to me that the demo was all in game and live

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

24. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 21:41 Xero

Man some of you sound like whiny little kids who are jealous that they won't be able to run this when it comes out. Hey, easy news for you, buy a console. Leave the heavy hardware buying to us real pc gamers.

I also don't want to see them nerf any of this for PC. Leave the settings in and if we have the hardware to run it, let us. You don't have to baby us PC gamers to join the console crowd.

With that said, I think it looks awesome. It doesn't show much but just enough for a teaser and that's all it is. They will continue to keep launching videos in the future and then you can make a true assessment of what this is all about, but until then, anything sooner sounds like butt hurt, lol.

Currently playing: Counter Strike Go, The Witcher 3, Shadow Tactics

23. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 21:40 Beamer

It's absolutely real gameplay. But half the systems aren't built yet and the environments are limited to what we're seeing. They hope to keep graphical fidelity as they increase things that take resources by optimizing, but it won't happen. And, during crunch, God knows what gets cut.

But walk into bioware today and that build is absolutely playable as is.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

22. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 21:20 Darks

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 19:46:
mellis wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 18:59:
Darks wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 16:05:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 13:23:
Darks wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 13:18:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 12:53:
This definitely isn't real gameplay. The game will play somewhat like this, but this is basically just a huge cutscene. With that said, if this IS representative of the final gameplay, this is terrible. There's no gameplay... It's just an interactive movie with constant scripted cutscenes. There's also zero player choice, no conversation trees... Nah. What happened to you Bioware?

So, just fro ma 6 min video you already gathers all that information? Yea, OK!!!

yeah. Any questions?

Nope, just correcting you and saying that you are completely wrong about the game. I contacted a friend of mine who works for BioWare. I asked him about that trailer. this is what he said.

It's pretty obvious that the demo starts as an in-game cinematic until you get outside. At that point, it's people actually playing the game, though they are following a script and a set path.

So, yea you are wrong. yes they followed a script, but it wasn't scripted like you are saying. It was live and with live Coop players joining them.

No way in hell this is 'real gameplay'. I have not played an MMO in the last 5 years where the other players ever spoke like that. Far too few racial or gender slurs. No swearing. No teens screaming a stream of obscenities so vitriolic it would make a dock worker blush.

I'm calling it now. Totally fake, totally unrepresentative of the final product (which will be a bland Destiny rip-off with Mass Effect combat model by the looks of things).
It's an E3 trailer, there's nothing real about it.

But I have a friend who knows a man that wears a hat while walking down the street and he said...

Yea whatever morons! keep talking and showing us how stupid you all are. This is in game footage, if you dont think so then tough fucking shit on you!!!

What I told you is fact about the game. In fact those who worked on this demo footage are all on break right now because of all the hard work they put in to get this ready for E3. So to those who dont like it. piss off!!

21. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 21:10 Task

Hmm, if I say something negative about Bioware or Destiny-likes I'll probably trigger somebody.

So I'll just say - Not Interested in this.

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta

20. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 19:46 RedEye9

mellis wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 18:59:
This definitely isn't real gameplay. The game will play somewhat like this, but this is basically just a huge cutscene. With that said, if this IS representative of the final gameplay, this is terrible. There's no gameplay... It's just an interactive movie with constant scripted cutscenes. There's also zero player choice, no conversation trees... Nah. What happened to you Bioware?

So, just fro ma 6 min video you already gathers all that information? Yea, OK!!!

yeah. Any questions?

Nope, just correcting you and saying that you are completely wrong about the game. I contacted a friend of mine who works for BioWare. I asked him about that trailer. this is what he said.

It's pretty obvious that the demo starts as an in-game cinematic until you get outside. At that point, it's people actually playing the game, though they are following a script and a set path.

So, yea you are wrong. yes they followed a script, but it wasn't scripted like you are saying. It was live and with live Coop players joining them.

No way in hell this is 'real gameplay'. I have not played an MMO in the last 5 years where the other players ever spoke like that. Far too few racial or gender slurs. No swearing. No teens screaming a stream of obscenities so vitriolic it would make a dock worker blush.

I'm calling it now. Totally fake, totally unrepresentative of the final product (which will be a bland Destiny rip-off with Mass Effect combat model by the looks of things).
It's an E3 trailer, there's nothing real about it.

But I have a friend who knows a man that wears a hat while walking down the street and he said...

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality
http://spaf.cerias.purdue.edu/quotes.html

19. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 18:59 mellis

yeah. Any questions?

18. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 18:23 eRe4s3r

Anyone getting hyped over a staged trailer with actors (who clearly do not play the game) doing the voice over and that all at E3 needs to get their head examined. E3 is a fake show, nothing shown here by the big players is real gameplay. NOTHING.  

17. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 17:09 ItBurn

Asmodai wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 16:55:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 16:40:
I dunno, seems like I was right. Like you say, this isn't representative of real gameplay. The whole first part is 100% a cinematic. The real game might still play like that cinematic, and that would be bad like I explained in my second part. For the rest, you kid yourself if it's representative of a real game. They do this all the time, have scripted cutscenes with player control. If they moved a centimeter in any direction, everything would break. They'd like the game to play like this, but it never happens. These trailers have existed since forever and have never been realistic.

Yeah, seems like an argument for the sake of pedantically "being right", which is ironic because technically you aren't.

Sure, the feature set along the demo path is probably far more fleshed out than the rest of the game (otherwise it would be launching rather than announced of course), but the core of it looks very interesting to this old Firefall/Borderlands etc fan.

You can be cautiously optimistic about something without being a naive fool, and you can be justifiably skeptical without being a cunt.

I don't think I was a cunt. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for Anthem. But, this doesn't look like a Bioware game and this trailer is mostly BS. I don't like BS and lies.

16. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 16:55 Asmodai

ItBurn wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 16:40:
I dunno, seems like I was right. Like you say, this isn't representative of real gameplay. The whole first part is 100% a cinematic. The real game might still play like that cinematic, and that would be bad like I explained in my second part. For the rest, you kid yourself if it's representative of a real game. They do this all the time, have scripted cutscenes with player control. If they moved a centimeter in any direction, everything would break. They'd like the game to play like this, but it never happens. These trailers have existed since forever and have never been realistic.

Yeah, seems like an argument for the sake of pedantically "being right", which is ironic because technically you aren't.

Sure, the feature set along the demo path is probably far more fleshed out than the rest of the game (otherwise it would be launching rather than announced of course), but the core of it looks very interesting to this old Firefall/Borderlands etc fan.

You can be cautiously optimistic about something without being a naive fool, and you can be justifiably skeptical without being a cunt.

15. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 16:40 ItBurn

yeah. Any questions?

14. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 16:05 Darks

yeah. Any questions?

13. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 15:04 Darks

yonder wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 13:29:

Once you've been around the block a few dozen times, you'll notice some obvious patterns. Don't worry, one day you'll get some experience.

Piss off! I've been around the block and then some junior!

12. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 14:12 aka_STEVE

so..... basically they are showing us that they cheaped out on Mass Effect: Andromeda to work on this instead  

11. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 13:29 yonder

Once you've been around the block a few dozen times, you'll notice some obvious patterns. Don't worry, one day you'll get some experience.

10. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 13:23 Spektr

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 11:33:
Ahhk, so it's Bioware's Destiny/Borderlands, got it.

Reminded me of Warframe somehow..

9. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 13:23 ItBurn

yeah. Any questions?

8. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 13:18 Darks

7. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 12:53 ItBurn

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo