Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions

The Star Wars Battlefront II EA Play trailer leaked yesterday disappeared shortly after it was mentioned, as is the way with leaks. Here it is for real, and if it gets yoinked now it's because EA put in a DMCA complaint on themselves. The clips shows off gameplay and some cinematics that look better than some of the CGI from the prequel trilogy. GamesIndustry.biz also has details on how content in the game will be unlocked. Apparently the battlepass that caused controversy in the previous game is not part of the plan here, as all DLC for the game is to be free. But they do note there's a likelihood that the game will be adding microtransactions:
EA also mentioned Star Wars Battlefront II will introduce a new system for unlocking content such as weapons and customisations called Battlepoints. While you will be able to earn this in-game, there will almost certainly be microtransactions that will help the publisher offset the lack of revenue generated by a season pass.

View : : :

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions
Jun 12, 2017, 09:35
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions Jun 12, 2017, 09:35
Jun 12, 2017, 09:35
 Slick

I guess you have a point, it's nice to have a clean slate to start with (first 2 weeks where I always annihilate everyone else). One gun in Battlefront 1 was fine by me, but if they for some ungodly reason (they're never done this before) opened up all the progression to be buyable from day one, then yeah, that would suck. But I don't see how any developer/publisher would think that's a good idea.

In Battlefield titles they've opened up progression packs for $5 if you're a total casual with no time, and I'm fine with that, it takes nothing away from me and my experience. But it only works because they do it at least a month or two after launch, not day one.

So your hypothetical is a plausible argument, but I highly doubt it's likely based on its own merits, with the added benefit of never having seen a precedent for this behaviour.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9
Date
Subject
Author
Jun 12, 2017Jun 12 2017
 Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions