Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak

EA Play 2017 gets underway later today, getting out ahead of E3 with a look at the games in development at Electronic Arts. One of the game's they will be showing is Star Wars Battlefront II, but it seemed their new gameplay trailer has leaked in advance of the event (thanks PCGamesN). The clip shows off an Assault on Theed map and Darth Maul, Rey, and Boba Fett as playable characters.

View : : :
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak
Jun 14, 2017, 04:35
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 14, 2017, 04:35
Jun 14, 2017, 04:35

El Pit wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 12:58:
thecakeisalie wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 00:16:
Prez wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 23:33:
Maybe I'm a kid at heart but at 47 I still love Star Wars. But there is ZERO chance of me buying Battlefront 2 early or at launch and frankly not much chance of me ever buying it given the bullshit EA and DICE pulled with the 2015 Battlefront. An empty, soulless game lacking content with the added insult of season pass crap that almost doubled the price of the game, adding the stuff that actually made it worth the $60 it was originally sold at. Fuck EA for destroying everything it touches.

And to throw salt in the wound, it even sold with a pay-to-win gun (Han's blaster - which was totally OP at launch) if you bought the "Deluxe" version. Yeah, you could unlock it without money but only if you hit max level. In the meantime you'd get easily gunned down by the people who had one from the get go.

At least there seems to be no season pass and everything free with the base game: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/star-wars-battlefront-ii-multiplayer,34737.html

Unlike the first game, which had paid content and micro-transactions, all the post-launch content, including Finn, Captain Phasma, and additional maps from the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi movie will be free for everyone.

Given that there's so much prequel stuff and TFA, they have to give it away: you couldn't get anyone to pay for that shit.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jun 11, 2017, 19:26
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 19:26
Jun 11, 2017, 19:26

That's what I said in my previous post as well. I never said that the visuals per se suck or are ugly. Quite the contrary. They just look artificial as fuck and you have this weird detached effect over everything due to the fact that the engine turns you into a camera instead of an actual character who is "really" being there.
The art assets per se are outstanding, of course, thanks to the photogrammetry tech.
No question about it. But it also doesn't change the fact that the engine responsible for displaying this pretty art is still a fookin' piece of crapola shitcake.

Jun 11, 2017, 16:58
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 16:58
Jun 11, 2017, 16:58

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 11:19:
Slick wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 02:32:
Oh Jesus Christ, CJ my man, it's been too long. I don't even know how to attack this, it feels like a trap, no matter what angle i take, it morphs into something even more ridiculous...

So I'm playing in a movie set, and that's bad, because I'm playing a Star Wars game, which is based on movies, but the actual locations look better, so the actual Tatooine looks better? Or the game's representation of the movie is bad because it's based on a movie and not the real location which is real, but video games aren't real, but they should be, but not movies...

Man, this hole goes deep. You're out of your fucking mind.

Dude, as I said... the Frostshite games look fucking artificial. The movie location Tatooine is actual locations in Tunisia and looks 100% more real in the movies than the retarded shiny high gloss plastic sand and rocks in SWBF. YES. Absolutely.

Frostshite is an abomination of an engine. It has unrealistic lighting, unrealistic vibrant colors and always looks like you are watching the action through a camera lens instead of actually being there, being the soldier and doing the actual fighting.
It is giving you a detached feeling like you are a distant war observer and not a soldier or a hero or a fucking elf (DAI) or whatever.

It kind of has the same look and feel like those TVs with high Hz technology, e.g. Sony's Motionflow. When you activate that stuff, you are all of a sudden cast in the role of someone on the set of the shooting. I don't know if there is a proper technical term for this strange effect but Frostshite causes the gaming equivalent to that effect and it fucking sucks.

There's plenty to complain about in DICE's Battlefront but the graphics really aren't one of them. The environments are by far the most accurate presentation from the movies ever made, mostly from the use of photogrammetry but also in the lighting and sound design. The color saturation could be a little on the too colorful when compared to the movies but it's not some whacked out filtered shit like they did with Battlefield 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA

we'll just have to agree to disagree

Jun 11, 2017, 12:58
El Pit

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 12:58
Jun 11, 2017, 12:58
 El Pit

Maybe I'm a kid at heart but at 47 I still love Star Wars. But there is ZERO chance of me buying Battlefront 2 early or at launch and frankly not much chance of me ever buying it given the bullshit EA and DICE pulled with the 2015 Battlefront. An empty, soulless game lacking content with the added insult of season pass crap that almost doubled the price of the game, adding the stuff that actually made it worth the $60 it was originally sold at. Fuck EA for destroying everything it touches.

And to throw salt in the wound, it even sold with a pay-to-win gun (Han's blaster - which was totally OP at launch) if you bought the "Deluxe" version. Yeah, you could unlock it without money but only if you hit max level. In the meantime you'd get easily gunned down by the people who had one from the get go.

At least there seems to be no season pass and everything free with the base game: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/star-wars-battlefront-ii-multiplayer,34737.html

Unlike the first game, which had paid content and micro-transactions, all the post-launch content, including Finn, Captain Phasma, and additional maps from the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi movie will be free for everyone.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Jun 11, 2017, 11:19
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 11:19
Jun 11, 2017, 11:19

Oh Jesus Christ, CJ my man, it's been too long. I don't even know how to attack this, it feels like a trap, no matter what angle i take, it morphs into something even more ridiculous...

So I'm playing in a movie set, and that's bad, because I'm playing a Star Wars game, which is based on movies, but the actual locations look better, so the actual Tatooine looks better? Or the game's representation of the movie is bad because it's based on a movie and not the real location which is real, but video games aren't real, but they should be, but not movies...

Dude, as I said... the Frostshite games look fucking artificial. The movie location Tatooine is actual locations in Tunisia and looks 100% more real in the movies than the retarded shiny high gloss plastic sand and rocks in SWBF. YES. Absolutely.

Frostshite is an abomination of an engine. It has unrealistic lighting, unrealistic vibrant colors and always looks like you are watching the action through a camera lens instead of actually being there, being the soldier and doing the actual fighting.
It is giving you a detached feeling like you are a distant war observer and not a soldier or a hero or a fucking elf (DAI) or whatever.

It kind of has the same look and feel like those TVs with high Hz technology, e.g. Sony's Motionflow. When you activate that stuff, you are all of a sudden cast in the role of someone on the set of the shooting. I don't know if there is a proper technical term for this strange effect but Frostshite causes the gaming equivalent to that effect and it fucking sucks.

Jun 11, 2017, 11:17
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 11:17
Jun 11, 2017, 11:17

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 00:36:

Lando Cakeisalie: Pay to win wasn't part of the deal! You said those buying the standard edition wouldn't be disadvantaged!

Dice Vader: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Ok, I chuckled over this one. Heh.

Jun 11, 2017, 03:29
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 03:29
Jun 11, 2017, 03:29

Not sure how anyone could be a fan of prequel content - it's only slightly better playing it instead of watching it. In some ways the new movie they made is even worse. Kylo was such a horrible Darth Vader wannabe and Rey is no Luke Skywalker, the redesign of the classic Storm Trooper was an abomination. It tried so hard with the nostalgia from the first movie I nearly choked to death on memberberries.

The single player might be worth a once through but I'll wait a few months for a $15 sale just like Titanfail 2.

Jun 11, 2017, 02:53
Prez

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 02:53
Jun 11, 2017, 02:53
 Prez

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 02:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 00:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 19:05:
Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Gameplay Trailer

You've got to admit that the engine looks simply amazing.

To me it does not. Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location.

I don't even know how to attack this, it feels like a trap, no matter what angle i take, it morphs into something even more ridiculous...

In my Admiral Ackbar voice : "IT'S A TRAP!!!!"

Yes the graphics looked amazing, and the sound was on point, but that is the only thing the game had going for it in my opinion.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Jun 11, 2017, 02:32
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 02:32
Jun 11, 2017, 02:32
 Slick

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 02:20:

To me it does not. Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jun 11, 2017, 02:20
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 02:20
Jun 11, 2017, 02:20

To me it does not. Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. You're not really there. It is not visceral but turns you into a distant observer like a Kamikaze Kappa war reporter who is filming and following the action through his HD camera lens for high gloss warfare coverage.

The graphical fidelity per se is very high, of course, but that is no surprise due to the photogrammetry tech they are using. However, all of this is worth chicken shit when the end result does not manage to actually put you in the action. It is worth even less when the gameplay is fucking garbage like the first game.
I'm sure I'll buy SWBF 2 eventually for the SP campaign but it'll be $10 max, maybe $15 if reviews of the campaign are unanimously positive but I'm not holding my breath.

Jun 11, 2017, 01:54
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 01:54
Jun 11, 2017, 01:54
 Slick

Yeah, I unlocked that gun on the second day... And it still required the user know how to aim...

It's funny because for BF4 and BF3, the #1 complaint from my friends was that there was no real reason to progress through the kits to unlock new guns, as most often the first or second unlocked guns were the most powerful and everything else was just slightly different versions of each other.

In Battlefront, they actually made the progression worth doing, and you got rewarded for it, and now the complaint is "how dare they include OP guns in the game!"

it was 25 levels to grind to get it, it wasn't hard, I felt sorry for people who paid for it, but it's no different than unlock kits they sell in other games.

And what's this about the season pass shit that put in what the game had been missing? The season pass was just map packs and some new weapons, pretty standard fare for dice for about 10 years. Don't know how this is a dealbreaker.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jun 11, 2017, 00:39
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 00:39
Jun 11, 2017, 00:39

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 11:51:
Prequel garbage needs to DIAF but they can shove this game anyway after the lame first one. $10 sale material. Maybe.

The prequel movies suck, but that doesn't mean the setting will make for a bad game.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jun 11, 2017, 00:36
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 00:36
Jun 11, 2017, 00:36

Lando Cakeisalie: Pay to win wasn't part of the deal! You said those buying the standard edition wouldn't be disadvantaged!

Dice Vader: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Jun 11, 2017, 00:29
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 00:29
Jun 11, 2017, 00:29

LittleMe wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 19:15:
Watching several gameplay vids... It looks fun, for a while at least. So will PC have FOV slider, 60hz tic rate, etc?? Modding support would make it insta buy.

Dice games haven't had modding support for a decade. They're not about to start now, as much as I would wish it.

Jun 11, 2017, 00:28
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 00:28
Jun 11, 2017, 00:28

Jun 11, 2017, 00:16
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 00:16
Jun 11, 2017, 00:16

Jun 10, 2017, 23:33
Prez

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 10, 2017, 23:33
Jun 10, 2017, 23:33
 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Jun 10, 2017, 22:04
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 10, 2017, 22:04
Jun 10, 2017, 22:04

I am over 40 now and twitch shooters have little draw for me anymore. However, I do like Star Wars and I gave Battlefront a shot anyways and got burned. I won't be buying the sequel but if people are willing to trust EA after the shenanigans with the first game, fill yer boots.

People will just never learn and keep pre-ordering crap games no matter how much garbage EA/Actiblizz/Ubisoft churn out. I've just come to accept that sad fact. I look to indie developers or studios like CDPR to produce quality games these days.

Jun 10, 2017, 21:40
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 10, 2017, 21:40
Jun 10, 2017, 21:40
 Slick

SlimRam wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 20:53:
Bundy wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 20:14:
Both my kids still play the first one. The game simply wasn't made for you. It was made for children. Just like the movies.

Ding Ding Ding, there's ah winnah, Exactly this.

For a lot of guys that are in the 40 to 60 range probably on this site I think it's time to realize that a lot of movies, games and TV shows simply aren't made for us anymore. Sucks but we're old news now, literally

I guess I just squeak by for being mid 30's?

Never understood the hate towards this franchise. There are a million online shooters, this one has its own flair, but is by no means a fringe product that only appeals to children.

I've played some Drop Pod matches in the last one with some very high-level players, and there's a very high skill ceiling. The gunplay is tight, the movement is fast. These kind of fast-paced mechanics are what everyone seems to love about Overwatch and Quake Champions... And they're not all children. (loose comparison re: the speed of overwatch, I know it's a different genre)

Also, insinuating that "the movies" are made for children does a great disservice to the legions of middle-aged star wars fans out there. An you know that no one counts the prequels... Rolleyes

Jun 10, 2017, 20:53
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 10, 2017, 20:53
Jun 10, 2017, 20:53

Bundy wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 20:14:
Both my kids still play the first one. The game simply wasn't made for you. It was made for children. Just like the movies.

Ding Ding Ding, there's ah winnah, Exactly this.

For a lot of guys that are in the 40 to 60 range probably on this site I think it's time to realize that a lot of movies, games and TV shows simply aren't made for us anymore. Sucks but we're old news now, literally
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older