Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics

A Diablo III update on the upcoming Rise of the Necromancer pack, saying this draws ever closer. They specify this will arrive alongside a new version 2.6.0 patch, though they don't yet have a set release date for that. They also offer two different versions of a cinematic Necromancer trailer, one for the female version of the character, and the other for the male Necromancer. Here are the accompanying details:

The launch of the Rise of the Necromancer pack draws ever closer, nephalem, and today we have a special treat in store: the global reveal of the introduction campaign cinematic for the Necromancer class!

The Rise of the Necromancer pack will include several new cosmetics, two additional stash tabs, two additional character slots, and, of course, the Necromancer class itself. This pack will be arriving alongside all the new content in Patch 2.6.0.

Stay tuned, Sanctuary. More news is on the horizon!

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 2, 2017, 15:03 Armengar

Got my money worth from D3. But they make stash tabs far too hard to get as the season requirements were ok for some characters and too hard for others (casual gamer). Not spending any m9ney on this so ill pass ta.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 2, 2017, 13:53 NetHead

Cram wrote on Jun 1, 2017, 22:40:
...They did "pull this game around". An absolute 180, it was just (wayyy) too late. Especially for people with Diablo 2 rose tinted glasses. ...

Go stick your head up an orifice. That argument of "rose tinted glasses" is a total load of crap. It's barely the equivalent of a child repeating "na-ah" to dismiss any and all contrary points regardless of validity.

13. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 2, 2017, 11:40 Prez

There has been more hype and lead-up to this character release than a lot of full games. Wish they would do something substantial with D3.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 2, 2017, 09:48 aka_STEVE

Same comments as the rest : I own DIII and it is way better than before ,... but we are way past the 'too little, too late' stage here folks.

Either add more storyline, maps, missions,monster,& areas or just move on to Diablo 4 already.

11. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 2, 2017, 08:19 Darks

ItBurn wrote on Jun 2, 2017, 03:33:
For me, this is absolutely useless without significant new content.

Same here, this is nothing more then another pitch and sell.

Its mind boggling that they dont expand the game or add more content to explore. just lame as hell from what used to be a great company. all they care about now is match making and overwatch.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

10. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 2, 2017, 08:00 Undocumented Alien

ItBurn wrote on Jun 2, 2017, 03:33:

Agreed, muchly.

9. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 2, 2017, 05:56 VaranDragon

Getting rid of chat lobbies, game lobbies, 8 player games, and the ability to cross swords and attack anyone who is not in town is the worst mistake Blizzard made with Diablo3, in a long line of mistakes. Carebears can go fuck off. Nothing will match the tension of Hardcore Hell Baal Runs and one random dude joining the game and crossing swords on everyone else. Nothing!

Fuck you Blizzard for ruining that. That shit had me coming back for more. For years.

8. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 2, 2017, 04:00 Mac

Diablo 3 is a far better game now than at launch. However, the end game still stinks ... just grinding GRifts, the odd bounty run to get materials, and normal Rifts for Keys so you can do more GRifts just isn't fun ...

Seasons are okay, and do get me back to play - but I have no inclination to carry on once I have comlpeted the Season journey. Just sit back and wait 2 months + for the next season. They should look at PoE for how to do seasons, and short sharp challenges.

They also need to seriously review the end game - just grinding GRifts over and over is just not fun!

7. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 2, 2017, 03:33 ItBurn

6. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 1, 2017, 23:47 jacobvandy

I got into the beta last week and played a couple hours so far. Blowing up corpses and the chain reactions you can set up is as fun as ever, but I wasn't expecting them to go old school with the generic "Corpse" props appearing after an enemy dies. I thought maybe they'd let you manipulate the actual corpses (or even have varying effects for the type or size of monster it used to be), since they are physical objects in the game world now that are capable of persisting for a while. In that case they'd probably need to tone down the way they fly across the screen after big damage bursts, but still, I think it would have been cool.  

5. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 1, 2017, 23:30 heroin

I agree, technically they *did* pull the game around and it was much better than it was on release. But, it still lacked(s) in that Blizzard addiction department, at least for me, it just got boring, really boring.  

4. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 1, 2017, 22:40 Cram

heroin wrote on Jun 1, 2017, 22:29:
Yeah, really. I feel like Blizzard should have been able to pull this game around;at this point they should just give the F up and move on.

I can't wrap my head around this line of thinking. They did "pull this game around". An absolute 180, it was just (wayyy) too late. Especially for people with Diablo 2 rose tinted glasses.

Bring on Diablo 4 wtih a more enlightened director for launch. And, hopefully, a parent company not shoving Auction Houses down our throats.

3. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 1, 2017, 22:39 CJ_Parker

lol they want monies for this garbage???  

2. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 1, 2017, 22:29 heroin

Yeah, really. I feel like Blizzard should have been able to pull this game around;at this point they should just give the F up and move on.  

1. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 1, 2017, 21:02 shiho

Diablo 3 tries to dig itself out of the grave by introducing a class that digs things out of graves.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo