Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers

A tweet from Battlefield teases In the Name of the Tsar, the upcoming Russian expansion for Battlefield 1 (thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun). The clip shows Sinead O'Connor in full battle dress, and in another tweet they confirm this expansion will be adding female soldiers to the mix: "The Women’s Battalion of Death is represented by the Russian Scout class." As previously noted, they will unveil more details about the add-on at EA Play 2017 next month.
View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers May 23, 2017, 17:25 Asmodai

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 23, 2017, 11:19:
Lol, the MRAs will come out of the woodwork in droves now.

History be damned, of course.

Yeah, heaven forfend that opinionated asshats pushing a political agenda re: a freaking computer game would wade in to the discussion...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers May 23, 2017, 15:35 SpectralMeat

Kosh401 wrote on May 23, 2017, 15:07:
That's weird, I'm 2 or 3 updates behind now on my 1070 and have no problem launching the game.

"Updates are available" is what I see when hovering over the nvidia task icon and I can't actually open or look at the 'geforce experience' program features because it will auto install if I do that, but in-game video capture still works and everything plays great so yeah.. if it ain't broke. Sorry about your luck :/
Heh no worries, it's probably best to have the drivers up to date. I just find it really annoying that the game wouldn't even lunch without having the latest installed.

Steam: SpectralMeat

10. Re: Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers May 23, 2017, 15:07 Kosh401

That's weird, I'm 2 or 3 updates behind now on my 1070 and have no problem launching the game.

"Updates are available" is what I see when hovering over the nvidia task icon and I can't actually open or look at the 'geforce experience' program features because it will auto install if I do that, but in-game video capture still works and everything plays great so yeah.. if it ain't broke. Sorry about your luck :/

9. Re: Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers May 23, 2017, 12:53 SpectralMeat

OldDirtyEwok wrote on May 23, 2017, 12:29:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 23, 2017, 11:27:
Every time I start this game up, it wants me to update my video card drivers (even though the game was running fine before with the drivers I have installed). Then I just shut it off and go play something else. I don't see the reason for this obnoxious way to force you to update your video card drivers

Never had that issue on AMD, you have NVIDIA?

Yup, GTX970
There's a new driver for it every freakin week
I usually don't bother with new drivers unless I have an issue with a game, which I generally don't.
But this stupid thing wouldn't even start without the latest and greatest drivers every single time. It's a pain in the ass.

8. Re: Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers May 23, 2017, 12:38 OldDirtyEwok

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 23, 2017, 11:41:
Slick wrote on May 23, 2017, 11:34:

I doubt it, it was a real thing, plus it's a game. I'll hope that people have better things to do with their time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_Battalion

I know it has a basis in history, but so did the black soldiers, and idiots complained about that in BF1 also. I'm not saying they have any logical basis for complaints, but I'm betting that it will happen.

*EDIT* Typo.

It's in the Battlefield universe first and foremost so choosing your sex and skin color for your character would have been the best solution.

There are more automatic weapon in BF1 than the Korean war...so why not have women

7. Re: Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers May 23, 2017, 12:29 OldDirtyEwok

SpectralMeat wrote on May 23, 2017, 11:27:
Every time I start this game up, it wants me to update my video card drivers (even though the game was running fine before with the drivers I have installed). Then I just shut it off and go play something else. I don't see the reason for this obnoxious way to force you to update your video card drivers

Never had that issue on AMD, you have NVIDIA?

6. Re: Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers May 23, 2017, 12:06 Agent-Zero

they should also throw in a new Elite class: Mata Hari, with a 'Pussy Power' special attack  

5. Re: Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers May 23, 2017, 11:50 Cutter

Rolleyes

4. Re: Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers May 23, 2017, 11:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on May 23, 2017, 11:34:

I doubt it, it was a real thing, plus it's a game. I'll hope that people have better things to do with their time.

I know it has a basis in history, but so did the black soldiers, and idiots complained about that in BF1 also. I'm not saying they have any logical basis for complaints, but I'm betting that it will happen.

*EDIT* Typo.

3. Re: Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers May 23, 2017, 11:34 Slick

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

2. Re: Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers May 23, 2017, 11:27 SpectralMeat

1. Re: Battlefield 1 Recruits Female Soldiers May 23, 2017, 11:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >