Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Next Dragon Age Discussion

An interview on Eurogamer chats with Alexis Kennedy, talking with the Sunless Sea writer about the next Dragon Age. Kennedy's move to BioWare last year inspired speculation that he'd be working on the Dragon Age series, and in their new conversation he officially lets that Dragon out of the bag. He offers some details on what he's doing, and here's the part where he confesses what game it's for:

"There are huge differences between all of that and what I'm working on at BioWare," he says, pausing - "which I can now legitimately say is in the Dragon Age franchise although it has been known for a while. Notionally it was a secret but, because of who I was working with, everyone who cared knew. And then the day I started, Mark Darrah [executive producer of the Dragon Age franchise] tweeted saying 'welcome to the Dragon Age franchise', so I thought, well, I guess that's official now then."

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 23, 2017, 17:03 Leper

GothicWizard wrote on May 22, 2017, 22:33:
Either make it available on Steam or frankly, STFU Bioware. I am not installing an entire second client just to play your games.

Right, let's force everyone on Steam so that they can jack up their prices once they have a complete monopoly. Despite their decent reputation, Valve is still just another corporation that exists solely to maximize profit for their owners/shareholders.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 23:34 Flatline

For a moment there I thought the next DA game was really going to be called Dragon Age: Discussion.

And having thought that, it made complete sense for a bioware game.

Just have Quentin Tarantino write the dialogue or something.

13. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 22:33 GothicWizard

Either make it available on Steam or frankly, STFU Bioware. I am not installing an entire second client just to play your games.  

12. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 22:21 Steele Johnson

I hope they make the next one more co-op focused. They should have a deep story, but allow friends to jump in and share the story, loot, xp, etc. I like the co-op implementations in games like The Division and Ghost Recon: Wildlands, but for DA, it should be more story driven. Something that ESO should have been. The multiplayer in Inquisition was too separate from the single-player game.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2017, 18:55 MrCharm42

What do you suggest are the best/required mods?  

10. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 16:38 Cutter

Enh, whatevs. Another on-rails closed world BiowarEA game. Give me the new TES game and some more Witcher, please and thank you very much.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

9. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 16:28 Drayth

Fun fact: DA 2 was actually supposed to be called Dragon Age: Exodus, but even that makes it sounds more like the full-fledged sequel than it actually is. Tales of Kirkwall would have worked nicely.

I agree with others though, it's a fun game on the cheap. The DLC "Legacy" is really good too.

8. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 13:53 The Half Elf

DA2 isn't bad, it just shouldn't have been called Dragon Age TWO. Should have been Dragon Age: Tales of Kirkwall (think that's the name of the place).

DA:I I hit the same point in it I hit in Mass Effect Andromeda. Too much bullshit worthless side crap that is detracting from adding to the story and bland enough to make me just not care about finishing it.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

7. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 13:32 Jivaro

If you are an action RPG fan, DA2 is worth playing if you can get it on the cheap. I had more fun with it than DA:I anyway. Sure, it's a letdown compared to DA:O in the same way that imitation crab is a letdown compared to real crab...but it can be fun and the quests and storyline have more pull than most of DA:I. I think so anyway.

I would recommend it to action RPG fans if they could get it for cheap. On PC preferably as there are some mods that can make the overall experience much better. Maybe I am alone on that opinion. *shrug*

6. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 13:02 grudgebearer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 22, 2017, 11:31:
Well, Sunless Sea has some brilliant writing in it, surprisingly.

That's got me at least mildly interested in what the next Dragon Age game could be, although I probably won't bother getting it before it hits the bargain bin.

Disclaimer: I loved Dragon Age:Origins, played through it a couple times, considering another run through in the near future. However, I skipped Dragon Age 2 entirely, and can't even force myself to finish DA:Inquisition, too MMO-ish or something for me.

I'm in the same boat. DA:Inquisition quests feel meaningless, there's no drive to actually complete them, and no sense of satisfaction in doing so.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

5. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 12:37 El Pit

Dear Dragon Age team, here is something for you discuss... HOW CAN YOU FIX THE BROKEN CAMERA IN THE PC VERSION OF DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION FOR THE PLANNED SEQUEL/PREQUEL?!!!! Instead of you releasing a patch people had to use a mod to fix it. Lazy, lazy, lazy! In some small/low rooms you could not target your spells, sometimes you could not zoom out correctly. I liked the game itself, but these problems should have been recognized during production or AT LEAST fixed by a day 1 patch.

After all, I am interested in more Dragon Age, just make sure that the windows version does not need mods to work properly.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

4. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 11:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, Sunless Sea has some brilliant writing in it, surprisingly.

That's got me at least mildly interested in what the next Dragon Age game could be, although I probably won't bother getting it before it hits the bargain bin.

Disclaimer: I loved Dragon Age:Origins, played through it a couple times, considering another run through in the near future. However, I skipped Dragon Age 2 entirely, and can't even force myself to finish DA:Inquisition, too MMO-ish or something for me.

3. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 10:50 Agent-Zero

Im guessing the new DA will focus heavily on facial animations

heh

2. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 10:43 Kajetan

VaranDragon wrote on May 22, 2017, 10:07:
“formless, shapeless"

How exciting.
Thats not quite true, the PlatinumGames news isnt formless. It clearly has the form of a Dragon Age news

1. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 10:07 VaranDragon

“formless, shapeless"

How exciting.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo