Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

With a little over a month remaining before summer starts in the northern hemisphere, I have to acknowledge that we've had an actual spring in these parts. This is actually pretty unusual, as I've often shared the joke that the NYC area has but two seasons, winter and summer. Normally we get about a week of transition between too cold and too hot, but we've had a load of Goldilocks days lately where things have been just right, if not a little cool. Here's hoping this isn't a sign of the ecosystem gone off the rails, because it's certainly pleasant.

R.I.P.: John Cygan, prolific video game voice actor, known for Metal Gear Solid 2 role, dies at 63.
R.I.P.: Brad Grey Dies At Age 59 From Cancer, former Paramount Pictures chair.

Pleasant Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Tube Clicker.
Science: Cosmic rays suggest dark matter is a self-annihilating WIMP.
Media: Trailer for Seth MacFarlane's Star Trek Spoof Looks Perfect. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Waiting for the Beat to Drop.
Its a f*ckin emu! NSFW.
Follow-up: Virginia Beach man who died during video game marathon overdosed on fentanyl, medical examiner says.
The Funnies: Savage Chickens.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 16:37 jdreyer

TheVocalMinority wrote on May 17, 2017, 03:04:
El Pit wrote on May 17, 2017, 01:39:
jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2017, 22:18:
I wonder if Trump has finally gone a bridge too far by asking Comey to quash the Russian investigation then firing him when he refused.

No, he can do whatever he wants. He is the president. The greatest president ever who has achieved soooo much in just a few months. He makes America great again just as he promised!

Wow. In 2008, we all thought it could not get any worse than GWBjr., but Trump easily is the new all-time low when it comes to White House residents. He is very likely a coke addict and definitely an egomaniac, a narcissist. Unfit for duty in every way. Just like for serving in Vietnam back in the day.

Are you deliberately trying to undermine what jdreyer wrote with that nonsense?

Methinks you need to turn your sarcasm detection dial from "off" to "sensitive."

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 16:35 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on May 17, 2017, 13:48:
Well, yeah -- unfortunately impeaching Trump is ultimately not good for us. Even if they managed to entangle Pence somehow, next in line would be Ryan. While I wouldn't call Ryan crazy, I would say he has a legislative agenda I think would be bad for everyone but except those in the upper income brackets.

I should have been more exact, I hope the GOP can actually put the country before their agenda/party. But I wouldn't bet on that.

Right, you go from a disinterested erratic child (Trump)to a hardcore theocrat (Pence), and from there to a Randian survival-of-the-fittest Objectivist that wants to erase the social safety net entirely (Ryan). At least Trump isn't an ideologue.

35. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 16:31 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on May 17, 2017, 11:36:
Did you think the article you linked to supports or opposes my position?

The way I read it, it is pretty much agreeing with me. The GOP isn't anywhere close to impeachment.

Right, until the GOP feels Trump is an albatross around their necks vis a vis reelection, they keep him as their useful stooge to get their agenda passed. The modern GOP: party before country.

Seriously, if they could impeach Bill for a BJ, they can impeach Trump easily for impeding the Russia investigation.

Also, it's just insane that Republicans have a positive view of Putin. W.T.F.

34. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 13:48 Mr. Tact

Well, yeah -- unfortunately impeaching Trump is ultimately not good for us. Even if they managed to entangle Pence somehow, next in line would be Ryan. While I wouldn't call Ryan crazy, I would say he has a legislative agenda I think would be bad for everyone but except those in the upper income brackets.

I should have been more exact, I hope the GOP can actually put the country before their agenda/party. But I wouldn't bet on that.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

33. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 12:49 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on May 17, 2017, 11:36:

It was meant as neither, not everything is about you, most things yes but not everyting.
I was just trying not to pollute todays ootb.
Mr. Tact wrote on May 17, 2017, 11:52:
By the way -- I hope I'm wrong about this, but I wouldn't bet a single penny on it.
As you have stated numerous times before, impeachment would leave us with vp pence.
The advantage being he's not fooking crazy.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

32. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 11:52 Mr. Tact

By the way -- I hope I'm wrong about this, but I wouldn't bet a single penny on it.  

31. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 11:36 Mr. Tact

The way I read it, it is pretty much agreeing with me. The GOP isn't anywhere close to impeachment.

29. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 10:40 Mr. Tact

Here's a story from a "rightish" site Comey Memo offers zero proof to impeach. That's the left most GOP position...  

28. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 09:27 Mr. Tact

I'm not saying he couldn't be, or shouldn't be... I'm saying the GOP controlled House won't do it short of that.

This comment was edited on May 17, 2017, 09:40.

27. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 09:23 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on May 17, 2017, 09:03:
As I said previously, nothing short of a recording of him admitting a criminal act will get him impeached. ...
A recording isn't necessary if it's the head of the FBI. Comey's notes hold up in court just fine.

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 09:03 Mr. Tact

I wonder if Trump has finally gone a bridge too far by asking Comey to quash the Russian investigation then firing him when he refused.
As I said previously, nothing short of a recording of him admitting a criminal act will get him impeached. However, this latest round of nonsense has me wondering, the way he deals with people... this isn't anything new. Gotta wonder if there might be some people out there who were bribed or blackmailed into doing something for him. Total speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me. That's something they might be able to go after him for, post pardon...

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 03:04 TheVocalMinority

El Pit wrote on May 17, 2017, 01:39:

No, he can do whatever he wants. He is the president. The greatest president ever who has achieved soooo much in just a few months. He makes America great again just as he promised!

Wow. In 2008, we all thought it could not get any worse than GWBjr., but Trump easily is the new all-time low when it comes to White House residents. He is very likely a coke addict and definitely an egomaniac, a narcissist. Unfit for duty in every way. Just like for serving in Vietnam back in the day.

Are you deliberately trying to undermine what jdreyer wrote with that nonsense?

VM

24. Re: It's a f*ckin emu! May 17, 2017, 01:41 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2017, 22:15:
American women especially take offense to that word.

You cunt call her that.

SCNR

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 01:39 El Pit

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2017, 22:18 jdreyer

21. Re: It's a f*ckin emu! May 16, 2017, 22:15 jdreyer

Quboid wrote on May 16, 2017, 16:44:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 16, 2017, 15:09:
That video... anybody from the UK here? Can you just randomly call strangers "daft c*nt" in England and not get punched in the face? Or attacked by a raging Emu, for that matter?

It's not an especially harsh swear word, I think it's much more taboo in the USA. I wouldn't say that to a stranger but I wouldn't be bothered by being called it in that sort of non-aggressive context.
American women especially take offense to that word.

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2017, 20:54 RedEye9

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 16, 2017, 18:11:
RedEye9 wrote on May 16, 2017, 09:25:
Another addict dies, man am I lucky that downers were never my thing.

The opiod epidemic and how we deal with it in the states is medieval compared to the civilized world.

His friend in the article stated I was amazed by his skill, but also his ability to remain calm even if all hell broke loose in a game,

Well now you know how he stayed chill during all those games. That shit is an order of magnitude stronger than heroin.
test your shit for fentanyl, npr, and seek treatment.

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2017, 18:11 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on May 16, 2017, 09:25:
Another addict dies, man am I lucky that downers were never my thing.

The opiod epidemic and how we deal with it in the states is medieval compared to the civilized world.

His friend in the article stated I was amazed by his skill, but also his ability to remain calm even if all hell broke loose in a game,

Well now you know how he stayed chill during all those games. That shit is an order of magnitude stronger than heroin.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

18. Re: It's a f*ckin emu! May 16, 2017, 16:44 Quboid

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 16, 2017, 15:09:
That video... anybody from the UK here? Can you just randomly call strangers "daft c*nt" in England and not get punched in the face? Or attacked by a raging Emu, for that matter?

It's not an especially harsh swear word, I think it's much more taboo in the USA. I wouldn't say that to a stranger but I wouldn't be bothered by being called it in that sort of non-aggressive context.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo