Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

R.I.P.: Powers Boothe dead: Tombstone, Deadwood star dies at 68. So long to one of the cast that made the western series such an instant classic. Cy Tolliver was just one of the great heavies he brought to life with seeming effortlessness.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: The Last Survivors.
Story: Parked BMWs bursting into flames leave owners with questions. Thanks HARDOCP.
Science: SpaceX Will Launch Its 1st Flight for Inmarsat Tonight: Watch It Live.
Media: Alien: Covenant - Rick and Morty.
Mixing Colors Of Silicone.
Chinese Police Officer Serving and Protecting.
The Funnies: The Periodic Table of Half-Life.
5 Gaming Problems Today's Kids Will Never Understand.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2017, 09:00 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2017, 23:42:
When I got to college I had never heard of frats before.
You hadn't seen Animal House prior to going to college? Blasphemy! (unless you are a hell of a lot older than I thought)

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 23:42 jdreyer

Hey if you don't kill a few pledges, you're not doing it right. That's just Darwin at work.

When I got to college I had never heard of frats before. The idea didn't&#8203;appeal to me but I asked my RA about them. He derisively referred to them as "buy a friend."

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.
Would you like to know more?

18. Re: Off topic May 15, 2017, 22:49 Pigeon

Mr. Tact wrote on May 15, 2017, 19:19:
Okay, old news that I have been purposely ignoring... finally read an article on the Penn State hazing death. OMG. I hope everyone involved does jail time. Absolutely ridiculous and unforgivable...

I read about it last week, the words horrific and disgusting come to mind. Complete and total fucking human garbage devoid of any redeeming quality what so ever. How do you do that to another human being, particularly one that's supposed to be 'one of your own'? I'd rather not read the details again as it'll just piss me off more, but if I remember there should be enough evidence to nail a large number of those fuckers.

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 20:49 Mr. Tact

Apologies, honestly. I avoided it for two months now and finally gave in, and once I did I couldn't not say something.

Edit: From now on, anyone stupid enough to mention to me they were in a frat., my response will be, "Cool. How many people did you haze to death." Totally unfair, but totally deserved.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2017, 21:00.

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 19:43 RedEye9

Thanks a lot. Now my dumb ass had to read about it after specifically ignoring it.
Testosterone and Alcohol (drugs?) makes for some dangerously stupid people.
Glad to see people are getting charged.

Mr. Tact, I am holding you responsible for my lack of willpower, expect to hear from my lawyers liars.

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality

15. Re: Off topic May 15, 2017, 19:19 Mr. Tact

Okay, old news that I have been purposely ignoring... finally read an article on the Penn State hazing death. OMG. I hope everyone involved does jail time. Absolutely ridiculous and unforgivable...  

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 16:50 Acleacius

I always thought Southern Comfort was underrated. Had Boothe, Carradine and Ward all such great character actors.  
Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 15:30 Tipsy McStagger

If you don't like the news of Powers Booth dying:

Turn the fuck away

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 15:05 Mr. Tact

Wallshadows wrote on May 15, 2017, 12:49:
Val Kilmer wasn't doing too well either but I hear he's on the mend from oral cancer.
I had missed the news on Kilmer. I like him a lot, done many roles I liked. According to his Wikipedia page:

"In January 2015, Kilmer was hospitalized for what his representative said were tests for what could be a possible tumor. Kilmer said on social media, "I have not had a tumor, or a tumor operations [sic], or any operation. I had a complication where the best way to receive care was to stay under the watchful eye of the UCLA ICU." After previously denying persistent rumors that he had been diagnosed with cancer, Kilmer said in April 2017 that he had a "healing of cancer"."

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 14:13 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2017, 13:49:
That police officer is a hero. Getting hit by a car can be a death sentence as some people will run you over again and again if they hit you as it's cheaper to pay for a funeral than lifetime care, per the law in China.

Ground-up Tiger penis medicines cost a lot.

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 13:49 jdreyer

That police officer is a hero. Getting hit by a car can be a death sentence as some people will run you over again and again if they hit you as it's cheaper to pay for a funeral than lifetime care, per the law in China.  

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.
Would you like to know more?

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 12:49 Wallshadows

First film I saw with him was Tombstone. It's still easily one of the best films I've ever seen and this is coming from someone who doesn't even like westerns.

Frailty deserved way more attention than it got too for various reasons.

Really shitty.

RoboNerd wrote on May 15, 2017, 12:20:
Bill Paxton, now Curly Bill...dang Sad

Val Kilmer wasn't doing too well either but I hear he's on the mend from oral cancer.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 12:36 Mr. Tact

Flatline wrote on May 15, 2017, 11:45:
Back in the day when hubs were 250 dollars a port, and bridges were a thing in networks because switches were too expensive.
I was surprised about 5 years ago when getting my CCNA that I had to know how bridges worked. Figured by then Cisco would have simply dropped it out of the curriculum...

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 12:23 Cutter

Yeah Tombstone is just such a damn good film all around. Guess I'll have to give Red Dawn a watch sometime soon.  

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 12:20 RoboNerd

Bill Paxton, now Curly Bill...dang Sad  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 11:51 Darks

Lets not forget a few other movies he played chars very well in.
Extreme Prejudiced
Rapid Fire

I really liked him as an actor too, going to be missed for sure.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 11:45 Flatline

That list of gaming problems kids don't encounter these days is woefully inadequate.

There's no experimenting with boot disk configs, EMS configuration, f*cking with soundblaster configs, and the arcane bootup process required to run your favorite game.

There's no memory of listening to your modem attempt to connect at 56k, then renegotiate at 36.6, then 28.8, and finally settle in at like 9600 baud, where you resign yourself to never, ever being able to see anything.

AOL, Prodigy, and Compuserve charged by the hour. And there was a time when AoHell let you spoof the free support sections while roaming around for free.

Null modem cables for 1-to-1 multiplayer.

Back in the day when hubs were 250 dollars a port, and bridges were a thing in networks because switches were too expensive.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 11:42 VaranDragon

I always liked that actor. Didn't get enough recognition or parts that he should have IMO. Passed before his time  

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 09:26 Verno

Boothe was always consistent and chewed scenery like few others. He was excellent in Frailty and Tombstone too.  
Playing: Zelda BOTW, Dark Souls 3, Watch_Dogs 2
Watching: Fences, Black Sails, The Expanse

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 09:26 RedEye9

Well...Bye from the link, sad. Hope they get started on Deadwood.

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo